Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: SHAtter Decrypts AppleTV iOS Firmware

This will be my first AppleTV and never imagined jailbreaking it, what's the main advantage?

Quote Originally Posted by laz305 View Post
    This will be my first AppleTV and never imagined jailbreaking it, what's the main advantage?
    Right now we don't know. But if it can be made to run iOS apps since it is part iOS then think of all the streaming apps. MLB, Hulu Plus, etc

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ShredNasty View Post
    The apple site says "stream music and photos from iTunes" and then says "rent tv shows and movies or watch netflix"

They know. If they allowed video playback from iTunes, they'd never make money renting movies and tv shows.

For some who aren't setup, it'd be cool. For me, it'd be a waste of $99. I'd be dependent on a jailbreak to do what I want, and dependent on devs to make the apps to do what I want. And I'd have ANOTHER iDevice in lockdown, waiting for jailbreaks and ignoring updates.
    I'm streaming video from my iTunes to mine perfectly fine. Please don't spread FUD about things you know absolutely nothing about.

I don't see it as a risk of $99 at all. Worst case scenario is that I lose interest in it, at which point I will throw it on Craig's List or eBay for $75. I'll take a $25 gamble.

As far as having another iDevice in "lockdown" goes, is it really that big of a worry for you? Sure my aTV will be on "lockdown" initially, but it sure seems to do more than enough to keep me entertained for now.

My iPhone is a Part of Me vantheman169's Avatar
    Thanks

Latest jailbreak tweet from the man himself

@p0sixninja Joshua Hill
    Things have progressed to the point where we don't expect anymore roadblocks. ETA for greenpois0n is 10/10/10 at 10:10:10AM

@chpwn
    Please note that an ETA is, by definition, an estimate. There may still be delays, although we will try for there not to be any.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234