+ Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: SHAtter Decrypts AppleTV iOS Firmware

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Mine is on it's way!!!
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Mine is on it's way!!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bencjedi View Post
    I prefer to not convert anything. I wish someone made one device that just plays whatever you throw at it.. no converting and no fitzing with codecs.. just a one-time JB and it'll play all.. all you need is a remote control and network connection!
    UltioPRO does all of the above PLUS it records live TV too, the only down side to this player is it doesn't have built-in wifi, you have to buy a usb dongle for wifi connection, but if you connect via ethernet, it can stream 1080p mkv movies without any problem.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to cmyk328 For This Useful Post:

bencjedi (09-28-2010)

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

@MuscleNerd Twitter:

Those interested in *potential* AppleTV JBs, better to buy early! Remember iPhone3GS hardware was updated to fix JB hole
    about 8 hours ago via web

Since this is the SHAtter JB it's at the hardware level. SHSH's won't necessarily be relevant (like the iPhone 3G and first production run 3GS).. .they are all jailbreakable.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ShredNasty View Post
    Meh, iTV....$99. Dvi to hdmi converter....$9 + hdmi....$30. Hdmi'd G5 = eleventy thousand times better than jailbroken iTV. Let's not even discuss the xbox + win 7 streaming OR the 2 loaded terabytes of media, one on each machine. It's not IF I can display it, it's HOW do I feel like displaying it and in which format.

But no angry birds *****

Guess I'll have to use the i4....Oh the horror!!!

Thanks Apple, and thanks more to the devs....but I'll pass.
    I agree, it does add up a bit. I think that if you don't have a gaming console or just don't stream anything through your PC then the iTV could take it's place. I for one can already do all of this through my Xbox 360 and PC combined. As far as playing or displaying games on to my TV, why? That's what my iPhone 4 is for, that's why I bought it. Besides, I have better titles available on my Xbox 360 so why bother? Even Angry Birds can't compete with Halo Reach...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

May I ask what are what are the benefits to jailbreak apple tv? Will it play rmvb files? Can it stream videos from a network drive?

Thanks
    Thanked 14,751 Times in 6,860 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cmyk328 View Post
    May I ask what are what are the benefits to jailbreak apple tv? Will it play rmvb files? Can it stream videos from a network drive?
    Nobody knows exactly what the benefits will be right now, but those things are certainly a possibility.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

cmyk328 (09-28-2010)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bencjedi View Post
    I prefer to not convert anything. I wish someone made one device that just plays whatever you throw at it.. no converting and no fitzing with codecs.. just a one-time JB and it'll play all.. all you need is a remote control and network connection!
    CMKY328 beat me to it. There's already a few reasonably priced alternatives that can play everything you throw at it, but there will always be a conversion processes because things change. I truly believe Apple TV is not your answer though.

Again, thank God and Sony for a PS3. 1080p-DTS-High Bitrate MKVs is a thing of beauty. Playing Uncharted, MLB the Show, and GT5 is just a bonus.

I'm rooting for the A-TV though. I truly hope devs can make it a play everything device at $100. I just got to see this stuff in action before they milk my cash.
    Last edited by saunupe1911; 09-28-2010 at 09:08 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone CaptBojank's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by justin7942163 View Post
    Apple TV would be good if it could actually receive 'free-to-air' television. But I suppose internet connections are that fast these days there really isn't a reason you can't just stream everything.

If the jailbreak makes it so you don't lose the video after you've watched it, I'll get one.

Made my night mate.
    TV wise, I mostly watch live sports. Streaming isn't an option at the moment. Justin.tv has some feeds occasionally but they usually get pulled by half-time.

Maybe they will be able to enable the USB port for general use. From what I understand, it's just a diagnostic port.
    Last edited by CaptBojank; 09-28-2010 at 09:22 AM.
    --= Fortes fortuna adiuvat =--

Green Apple
    Thanks

**** Apple TV wheres the iPhone 4 4.1 jailbreak biyatch

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TheWiredHavocMC2.0 View Post
    **** Apple TV wheres the iPhone 4 4.1 jailbreak biyatch
    This was unnecessary!

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to saunupe1911 For This Useful Post:

Poseidon79 (09-28-2010), soulthoughts (09-29-2010)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tankz504 View Post
    +1 good call
    I still don't get what Apple TV does. I'm saving my $99 for something NEW and innovative.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by discostar View Post
    I still don't get what Apple TV does. I'm saving my $99 for something NEW and innovative.
    I know 1 thing it does takes $99 outa your wallet Im with you no clue what the point of apple tv is.....maybe I'll spend the cash on the PS3 JB instead..

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kraziebone View Post
    Yeah but if you can root it and install apps on it then applications like airVideo, slingbox, VLC player and hulu+ can be installed hopefully. Plus who knows what the jailbreak community will do with it - possibly make it worth buying?
    Can your xbox do that? No really can it, I don't know

I'm not sure of a way to install apps on the 360. But wig better game titles and game developers and better graphics, the 360 (or even ps3) are a better way to go if you're just going to put games on the apple tv. As for hulu+ or streaming videos you can just download movies/videos (however you want to) and convert them to the proper formats and watch them whenever you want from your xbox without the need of yet another device crowding your entertainment center/area.

Just my opinion. I love the apple tv. It's a great idea.... Or was now the netflix is available for the iPhone iPad computers and the xbox it's self.

Thanks

Can we watch our downloaded content on AppleTV? Or is it purely for netflix, photos and paid rented content?
    Nothing beats the iPhone.

Thanks

O I'm getting one now about to head to the site now 
    Last edited by Mdot80; 09-28-2010 at 10:40 AM. Reason: Missing words

iPhone? More like MyPhone mrrippey's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kmmxracer View Post
    I was gonna wait a wile to get one but for $99, might as well pick one up to secure the vonerable hardware.
    +1 and I will give my original aTV to the kids

Rippey

Quote Originally Posted by CaptBojank View Post
    Maybe they will be able to enable the USB port for general use. From what I understand, it's just a diagnostic port.
    This was the same thing with the original aTV and see what took place. Once they figure out how to mount a USB drive then it will be great, get to watch all my movies on my usb HD and stream as well, add Boxee and Hulu, I'm good. $99 is nothing and if it does not work, return it or sell on eBay...

Rippey
    Last edited by mrrippey; 09-28-2010 at 11:40 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Rippey
    iOS 4.0 3Gs 32GB on the lamb
    Still has nice things on it, pictures too

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by itsmejdn View Post
    Can we watch our downloaded content on AppleTV? Or is it purely for netflix, photos and paid rented content?
    The apple site says "stream music and photos from iTunes" and then says "rent tv shows and movies or watch netflix"

They know. If they allowed video playback from iTunes, they'd never make money renting movies and tv shows.

For some who aren't setup, it'd be cool. For me, it'd be a waste of $99. I'd be dependent on a jailbreak to do what I want, and dependent on devs to make the apps to do what I want. And I'd have ANOTHER iDevice in lockdown, waiting for jailbreaks and ignoring updates.
    iPhone 4 to Android directly back to iPhone 4. I learned my lesson and will never leave iOS again.

iPhone? More like MyPhone slap690's Avatar
    Thanks

"SHAtter- the gift that keeps on giving" Sweet! Maybe they should of called it SHErpes exploit!LOL

Thanks

I don't worry much about TV. What about Phone4 J/B

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Newbee123 View Post
    I don't worry much about TV. What about Phone4 J/B
    There are like 20 other threads about the iPhone 4 jailbreak. Please go cry on those. Better yet just go away!!