Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: SHAtter Decrypts AppleTV iOS Firmware

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

kool

Quote Originally Posted by corkey20000 View Post
    Angry Birds on the TV. I'm fearful of the future.
    iPhone 4 can dew that, With resupported4 and displayout, works pretty good yup
    Last edited by CX3NT3_713; 09-28-2010 at 04:40 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Meh, iTV....$99. Dvi to hdmi converter....$9 + hdmi....$30. Hdmi'd G5 = eleventy thousand times better than jailbroken iTV. Let's not even discuss the xbox + win 7 streaming OR the 2 loaded terabytes of media, one on each machine. It's not IF I can display it, it's HOW do I feel like displaying it and in which format.

But no angry birds *****

Guess I'll have to use the i4....Oh the horror!!!

Thanks Apple, and thanks more to the devs....but I'll pass.
    iPhone 4 to Android directly back to iPhone 4. I learned my lesson and will never leave iOS again.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

No offense to ppl who want itv, but I'd much prefer to see the new bootrom 3GS jailbroken on 4.1 seems the 3G and ip4 get it quicker. I'm not saying hurry up or whingin, just don't really see the benefits of JB'n a tv. When there are so many ppl still using 3gs's

No offense to ppl who want itv, but I'd much prefer to see the new bootrom 3GS jailbroken on 4.1 seems the 3G and ip4 get it quicker. I'm not saying hurry up or whingin, just don't really see the benefits of JB'n a tv. When there are so many ppl still using 3gs's
    Last edited by PH47CH; 09-28-2010 at 06:06 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by PH47CH View Post
    I'd much prefer to see the new bootrom 3GS jailbroken on 4.1
    I believe that's been accomplished with Sn0wbreeze 2.0.1 (similar to Pwnagetool)

That is great, but for now were still waiting for the jailbreak iPhone 4 iOS 4.1...

man i see no reason to jailbreak this thing, i could be wrong maybe.

Apple tv? I want my iPhone jb'ed!

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi
    Name? whereswaldo
    iDevice + Firmware? 32GB Black iPhone 4 iOS 5.0
    Computer + OS? Dell Inspiron 15R 2nd Gen i5, 2.3 Ghz, 750GB HDD, 8GB RAM Windows 7 HP
    Location? Toronto
    Found yet? No

I think it's hilarious how much the dev team is helping sales by doing this. And Apple wants to stop them. Then again, I don't know. They might make less money because of **********. (I don't use it, just saying.)

XBMC to appleTV

i know its early and not out yet ,but what will be the benifits of jailbreak on apple tv ,if its free tvand films i am ordering 1 ,does apple tv link to ipad and iphone 4 also

Quote Originally Posted by edwinator View Post
    XBMC to appleTV

That's what I'm talking about!! The new XBMC builds are great. This would be fantastic!

My iPhone is a Part of Me coolguy742's Avatar
    Thanks

Good job Dev team! Now we'll be able to get unlimited free TV shows and Movies!!
    Edit Poseidon - please do not reference Warez sources on this forum!
    Last edited by Poseidon79; 09-28-2010 at 10:29 AM.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to coolguy742 For This Useful Post:

Poseidon79 (09-28-2010)

ordered apple tv right after the keynote for the airplay and netflix but with this news it might even be more interesting.

There are those apps that let you watch free movies and tv shows. That would be the only benefit I can see with this. Maybe an NES/GB emulator with that Apple TV remote. Stream NES games?

I take it a lot of you guys don't have a PS3. It has been doing for years what other media players only dream off. It's a bit expensive but well worth it, even if you are not a gamer.

Is the iTV hardware good enough to stream x264 MKV files? That's all I would care about in a jailbreak for this latest iDevice. I record a lot of TV shows OTA, but my CW channel is only standard def (and looks like crap), so I still record the channel, but also find the MKV versions of those CW shows to watch the better quality (the OTA recordings are an easy format to author DVDs straight from the broadcast, so I do that for friends). It would be handy if iTV could just stream the MKV files, but I don't think it will do that natively (hence the desire to JB the iTV, providing it has enough horsepower to play these files).

Quote Originally Posted by coolguy742 View Post
    Good job Dev team! Now we'll be able to get unlimited free TV shows and Movies!!
    *EDIT*
    Installulous on an apple TV lol!
    Again, loading a 1080p MKV converted to m2ts ( takes about 10 minutes to convert) via a usb drive or streamed through TVersity into a PS3 is a much more elegant solution.

Dammit.... Just dammit... I'm on my way to the Apple store now.

I hate my apple addiction. =[

iPhone? More like MyPhone yentrog31's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PH47CH View Post

Wow..took post 23 before somebody hijacked a thread and whined about a iPhone JB.Must be a record for this site.I try to skip the posts that I know might give the JB crybabies a chance to sneak and bemoan,but you and others(you know who you are ,your posts are a few ahead of this one)still have to mess up a good newsworthy thread.This link is for educational purposes only...for those who need to be educated about whining and begging(of course they won't realize who they are)

Twitter

here are some highlites cause I know YOU wont read them at all:
    "do it yourself kid"
    "no ETA"
    "patience child"
    @ironicgirl14 thanks! Good to see there are some people that aren't just begging for a release date and such

Quote Originally Posted by saunupe1911 View Post
    Again, loading a 1080p MKV converted to m2ts ( takes about 10 minutes to convert) via a usb drive or streamed through TVersity into a PS3 is a much more elegant solution.
    I'm into about $128 .. what does this elegant option cost?....just curious...tia
    Last edited by yentrog31; 09-28-2010 at 09:17 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    "It takes a rare thing, a turning point, to free oneself from any obsession. Be it prejudice or hate, or, even love"

Quote Originally Posted by saunupe1911 View Post
    I prefer to not convert anything. I wish someone made one device that just plays whatever you throw at it.. no converting and no fitzing with codecs.. just a one-time JB and it'll play all.. all you need is a remote control and network connection!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast