+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: HeyWire: Free International Text Messaging With A Real Number

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by ainyul there is a blurb added, the advert for heywire but... . Thats actually just the signature... you can clear that in the settings so just your
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ainyul View Post
    there is a blurb added, the advert for heywire but... .

Thats actually just the signature... you can clear that in the settings so just your message sends...

textnow isnt available in the canadian appstore so this is the best for canadians so far... text plus is nice because you can send pictures, iTim does mms aswell but its not free
    Last edited by MikeThomson; 09-27-2010 at 04:32 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone romeo_herman's Avatar
    Thanks

Ha...ha...ha... I need this, because alot of using international sms, t-mobile charge for $0.20 each message.Ha...ha...ha now going free anywhere....

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

This application is a hoax. Actually "Spyware" is the correct word to describe it.

I've downloaded the application and followed the installation instructions as explained on their website, but I just ended up wasting my time.

Once installed, it requires you to run the application to complete your registration process... 95% of all the users who have downloaded the application, including me, have complained that the registration process fails. That is because it was designed to fail.

The application was never meant to function as advertised on their website. The application fakes an error message claiming that your iphone's push notification settings are set as null. This message is a fake as iphone never reports the status in such a manner. Surprisingly, the application readily backups your contacts and uploads them to Heywire's website regardless of your registration status. So whether you're registered or not, you can upload your contacts to their server. But guess what... They claim that uploading up your contacts to their server speeds up the application loading time, which is utter B.S.

So to sum things up for ya, the application installs on your iphone. It fakes an error message to simulate a registration failure which ultimately make you believe that something's wrong with your iphone and not Heywire's app. The app surprisingly, and without any registration errors, uploads your contact list to ensure faster loading times, which I bet you anything, will be used for unauthorized e-mail and phone ads.

This whole app is a FAKE. It is not what it claims to be. And I have no idea how it slipped under Apple's AppStore's moderators' noses !!!

You have been warned...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tansoftware View Post
    This application is a hoax. Actually "Spyware" is the correct word to describe it.

I've downloaded the application and followed the installation instructions as explained on their website, but I just ended up wasting my time.

Once installed, it requires you to run the application to complete your registration process... 95% of all the users who have downloaded the application, including me, have complained that the registration process fails. That is because it was designed to fail.

The application was never meant to function as advertised on their website. The application fakes an error message claiming that your iphone's push notification settings are set as null. This message is a fake as iphone never reports the status in such a manner. Surprisingly, the application readily backups your contacts and uploads them to Heywire's website regardless of your registration status. So whether you're registered or not, you can upload your contacts to their server. But guess what... They claim that uploading up your contacts to their server speeds up the application loading time, which is utter B.S.

So to sum things up for ya, the application installs on your iphone. It fakes an error message to simulate a registration failure which ultimately make you believe that something's wrong with your iphone and not Heywire's app. The app surprisingly, and without any registration errors, uploads your contact list to ensure faster loading times, which I bet you anything, will be used for unauthorized e-mail and phone ads.

This whole app is a FAKE. It is not what it claims to be. And I have no idea how it slipped under Apple's AppStore's moderators' noses !!!

You have been warned...
    Haha, dude you must have a virus or something on your idevice, the app works flawless for me! Installation was a straight shot, and I've been texting people and receiving texts all day and night on it...not a problem to be found! When people try to call the number they get a message that says "this numer is unallocated" lol...love the mystery. They want to know how I'm texting them from a number that doesn't work...love it!

Will def be keeping my texting plan with AT&T but this will def come in handy when someone wants to text you/vise versa but your not sure if you want them to have your real number or not. Seriously it's the best texting app I've seen...no it doesn't do MMS but I'm sure that is down the road.
    "Don't hold it like that!"

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Testfree was the original app to allow you to text from a real phone #. Been using it since it first came out. No problems whatsoever.

Not sure about international texts but the interface is almost exactly the same as the native text app.

Eventually they're going to add phone calls but I don't think for free.

Why doesn't everyone just use the GV voice app?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Works fine for me. I'm in the Netherlands and have an unlimited data plan but very limited number of texts. It let's me send texts to other NL numbers and I can include my mobile number in the signature so my friends know who to reply to without sending an international SMS message.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Thumbs down Problems with HEYWIRE
    when i go and try to compose a message the program automatically shuts down. I am running heywire on an iphone 4. The only way it does not close is if someone sends me a text, then i reply. but, as soon as i create new message and type the first letter to the message or receiver, the program shutdown. does anyone else have this problem?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by oscarrom83 View Post
    when i go and try to compose a message the program automatically shuts down. I am running heywire on an iphone 4. The only way it does not close is if someone sends me a text, then i reply. but, as soon as i create new message and type the first letter to the message or receiver, the program shutdown. does anyone else have this problem?
    I have no problems with both iPhone 4 and 3GS running iOS 4.0 (3GS) and iOS 4.02 (iphone 4)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,751 Times in 2,641 Posts

I have heywire but I don't have any heywire friends, cannot test it out, can someone please give me a buzz at 13027979301..

My Chat Services is totally blank, is is supposed to blank ?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by yeow202 View Post
    I have heywire but I don't have any heywire friends, cannot test it out, can someone please give me a buzz at 13027979301..

My Chat Services is totally blank, is is supposed to blank ?
    You should be able to send free SMS messages to any number with the App, are you not able to send an SMS to any mobile numbers?

The chat services have been disabled temporarily whilst they fix some problems.

Thanks

Is this specifically for international texting only? What if I text someone locally with HeyWire do both us get text deduction from AT&T?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lorderick70 View Post
    Is this specifically for international texting only? What if I text someone locally with HeyWire do both us get text deduction from AT&T?
    Well as the outgoing text is not sent via AT&T they can't charge you. Don't know what happens in the US but in Europe receiving texts is free.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

For some reason it does not work on my iPhone after getting it from apple store it keeps saying no Internet connection

Green Apple
    Thanks

I have both HeyWire and TextNow, both work fine. Except if I accidentally turn off notifications (which I do at work so everything under the sun doesn't pop up) I don't know I have incoming texts.

Thanks

this app is awsome ive been usin it for a while and its really usefull. theo nly thing that is messing is it doesn't make phone calls. anyone know an app or a way for how to make free international phone call?

+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123