Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: HeyWire: Free International Text Messaging With A Real Number

Quote Originally Posted by vgmod View Post
    This app need WiFi/internet/data plan to send with your real number. The people who ever received this sms will be charged by their phone carrier unless they join HeyWire. Once your friend on other end join HeyWire and start using this app on his/her iphone with WiFi/Data Plan then is free. Hope this is clear thing up.
    Obviously it needs some sort of data to send, and it doesn't require you to have an existing phone number. whoever receives texts from this is not charged anything above what they would while receiving a regular text..

I have had no issues with messages being delayed.. So far heywire texts are received by other phones within 3 seconds, and the same goes for receiving texts with heywire

i just test this app and to me that's the best app ever!. honestly coz i couldn't find any app that could really text worldwide phone numbers for free. this one acctually can even if the person u r textin doesn't have it. just wish if it could make free calls too that would be awsome!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default Very Misleading what u said...
    Quote Originally Posted by vgmod View Post
    This app need WiFi/internet/data plan to send with your real number. The people who ever received this sms will be charged by their phone carrier unless they join HeyWire. Once your friend on other end join HeyWire and start using this app on his/her iphone with WiFi/Data Plan then is free. Hope this is clear thing up.
    They'll be charged if they SEND you back a reply to ur HeyWire Number...

In fact it's a great app! interface + SMS around the world for free! common guys give it a chance...

Good, I needed something like this since I'm already over my monthly amount of texts

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi
    Name? whereswaldo
    iDevice + Firmware? 32GB Black iPhone 4 iOS 5.0
    Computer + OS? Dell Inspiron 15R 2nd Gen i5, 2.3 Ghz, 750GB HDD, 8GB RAM Windows 7 HP
    Location? Toronto
    Found yet? No

So why is this program any better then any of the other texting apps on the app store? They all seem to have 4-5 star ratings. How is one to know which to choose? I don't feel like trying every single one out.

BTW I'm still confused...does this app go against your text plan with AT&T or is it strictly data? Just tested it out, works like a charm. Isn't this going to kill the billions of texting cows at AT&T? Hehe

UPDATE: I tried the others mentioned here (text+ and textfree...I think it was?)...they both sucked, had horrible UI's and wanted me to create a "texting email address"... Heywire def seems to be where it's at!

Great find guys. I never even knew these apps existed.
    Last edited by Dayvidpriddy; 09-27-2010 at 07:13 AM.
    "Don't hold it like that!"

Works for me like a charm, iTouch 4th Gen, texted in Greece, reciepent did not get charged

Just another texting app, this one at least has a nice looking ui.

~Tim

If I have helped you then thank me.

Well, two things they should look at is the delivery of msgs sent to the sender, they never get their way sometimes and they should also add retina support. Other than that, it is GREAT

So to be clear if someone receives a text from you and they dont have the app and they send you a text back, then they will be charged? Also is it not possible to text at all with your real provider #?

Not working om iPod!!!

My iPhone is a Part of Me hitman10's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Raptors View Post
    TextNow is the best

Youre Own number that you can actually choose, based on ur area code, unlim texting, voicemail, You can even call people, etc..
    TextNow is free in the app store for a limited time. !!

Fish are friends, not food!
    Neither is Slow Internet.

Dude, it have been free for 3 months, dont come and say limited time. They are making an Premium version.

iPhone? More like MyPhone CONVBMW's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Raptors View Post
    TextNow is the best

Youre Own number that you can actually choose, based on ur area code, unlim texting, voicemail, You can even call people, etc..
    I love textnow but they dont do intl texting

Quote Originally Posted by itaintrite View Post
    Does TextNow do international SMS too?

Negative
    Last edited by CONVBMW; 09-27-2010 at 11:37 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

so.. this is only free international texting if both parties have this app on there iphone? so.. if the recipient does not have an iphone, then they will get a bill if they reply?

There are two things that make this app better then others like text plus, first you get an actual number which is nice, but the second is when someone receives your text on other apps it usually says under your message "sent from text plus" or it will have some weird user name in the message, with hey wire the only thing they receive is what you type, so it's 100% official looking. My only concern is the 302 area code which is in the states so would it cost extra for them to reply to an American number if they live in Canada

I use text free but it does not do MMS. Hey tell gave me non local # which I don't like but nice interface. I didn't know that textnow gives you a real number. I gotta check that out

I just downloaded. Thanks.

I like iTim best.

I doesn't work in UK on my iPhone 4 iOS 4.02. I sent few msgs but nobody receive them

Quote Originally Posted by MikeThomson View Post
    I've used almost every text app for the iPhone and this one is by far the best, you get your own 10 digit phone number.. And when someone receives your text there is nothing else added to it, it's received like a normal text message
    there is a blurb added, the advert for heywire but...

Quote Originally Posted by MikeThomson View Post
    Obviously it needs some sort of data to send, and it doesn't require you to have an existing phone number. whoever receives texts from this is not charged anything above what they would while receiving a regular text..

I have had no issues with messages being delayed.. So far heywire texts are received by other phones within 3 seconds, and the same goes for receiving texts with heywire
    tried last night, worked well, but trying to add a 2nd account to app since phone is shared but no luck, cannot sign in under a different account; this flexibility would have helped..

This app is pretty iffy.....sometime my gf would get the text and sometimes no....

Also, it is much slower than Textfree....I tested this side by side.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast