Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 47

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: "No Phone Can Best the iPhone:" iPhonemania in China

  1. #21
    iPhone? More like MyPhone McMichael96's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    var/root
    Posts
    140
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 10 Times in 8 Posts

    Apple iPhone 4 ftw! But why is iPhones more expensive in china then it is in the us?

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by RICO_ View Post
    Proximity sensor intermittent problems (after 4.1 update), duplicate text messages, screen yellowing after 4 days of usage, very loose volume buttons, loose vibrator unit inside the phone (no it's not normal) loose home button, crooked home button, crooked charger port pin connector, small knicks on the top edge of the phone, multiple crashes from native apps like messages and app store that actually crashed the whole phone, excessive power off time (20 seconds just to turn off vs 2 seconds on my current one and numerous others), wifi not connecting, excessive battery drain, dust/dirt underneath front/back glass.

    These issues were from both brand new white box retail swap phones as well as service replacements....which are also brand new. Apple will not sell refurbs through their Apple stores.

    If any of you fanboys don't believe this phone could have such a wide range of problems.....wake the f**k up and crawl out of your little Apple wonderworld box. It can and does. If u don't believe it I really don't care.

    ALL of these issues were verified by either the technical support over the phone or by an Apple Store employee themselves.....including the store managers.

    The only reason I still currently have the phone is because I seem to have finally found one that has none of those problems.....yet.
    What we think about we get!

    YOU JUST HAVE BAD VIBES DUDE.

  3. #23
    What's Jailbreak? BlackDrag0n's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    behind you
    Posts
    17
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Default iPhone Killer
    ehh iPhone 4 is allright , either way when alienware release there new touch gaming phone the phone wars will end.....till the 5th gen is out.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by bevo6000 View Post
    What we think about we get!

    YOU JUST HAVE BAD VIBES DUDE.
    Sounds like a troll to me. Going through that many phones and having all those problems. Highly unlikely.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackDrag0n View Post
    ehh iPhone 4 is allright , either way when alienware release there new touch gaming phone the phone wars will end.....till the 5th gen is out.
    If Dell did decide to release an Alienware branded gaming touch device, what would make it any better at gaming than any other Android powered devices already on the market? It might have a cool glowing alien head on it though.
    MacBook Pro i7
    Dell XPS

  6. #26
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,118
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 95 Times in 67 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by bevo6000 View Post
    What we think about we get!

    YOU JUST HAVE BAD VIBES DUDE.
    Ah yes. "bad vibes". So I magically willed these problems into reality with my thoughts. Good point.

    Or maybe I'm just better at spotting defects (which by the way were CONFIRMED) than most of the other clowns that just buy a phone, fall in love and tune everything else out that doesn't jump right out at you. The people at the Apple Store almost know me by name now. And you should have seen the look on the managers' faces as I kept coming back in and they kept confirming problem after problem. They didn't know what the hell to say to me. All they could do was keep apologizing for my experience. Four of my replacement phones never even made it out of the store before having to be turned back in. FOUR! You really think i'm making this sh!t up? Get over it! I'm not!

    Quote Originally Posted by DontBeJealous View Post
    Sounds like a troll to me. Going through that many phones and having all those problems. Highly unlikely.
    I like that. I like how you said "highly unlikely" and not "impossible". And considering the fact that the person I was responding to went through 7 replacement phones himself....makes it HIGHLY likely.

    Do you really think we are the only two having multiple problems with this phone? Most of the phones I had to replace had a multitude of the problems I listed on that one phone. It wasn't one for each phone. Some had the same problem over several phones. All in all I am on my 10th phone in 2 months. Two more than the other guy who's had 7 replacements in ONE month...meaning he's on his 8th phone. That's 2 iPhones a week he's burned through trying to find a good one. Some people have gone through more than a dozen. Two guys at my job gave up after having their 3rd and 6th phone replaced and just returned it and got something else.

    With millions of phones sold of course there are going to be way more happy success stories than problematic stories. It's sheer numbers.

    I'm willing to bet at least ONE person will read my post above with the list of problems and begin probing their phone and more than likely find one of those problems on their phone that they never noticed before. At least one person will do it. They might not post it or admit to it....but they will find something. I mean hell two Apple Store employees pulled out their phones and found a couple of the same issues that I was having on THEIR phone and were shocked to realize that.

    Troll?? I don't think so.

    For a minute I thought about writing Apple or Steve Jobs about my experience, but I know his little smart-azz would just write some stupid predictable response back about the tons of other people who AREN'T having problems (or haven't noticed them). So I'm not even gonna bother with that!.
    Last edited by RICO_; 09-26-2010 at 12:14 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  7. #27
    iPhoneaholic
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Orange County, CA
    Posts
    487
    Thanks
    10
    Thanked 39 Times in 31 Posts

    So true on so many levels.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by topless1967stang View Post
    I thought the average person in China could not afford something that expensive. I guess they get paid rather well in the large cities.
    But there are so many people in China, 1% of the population is several million people. So, maybe it makes sense.
    Just depends on how u look at things.

    90% of things u buy here in the US are either made in China or atleast assembled in China. So chances are ur money goes to China some way or another.

    I dunno about you, but the back of my iPhone 3gs does in fact say......Designed by Apple in California. Assembled in China.

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by ShredNasty View Post
    Wow, communist iPhones are expensive. And what's up with Apple charging $145 more for the device in China? It's even cheaper to ship since they're made there. The "unlock" feature isn't anything worth that money. It makes Apple no difference which carrier the device is on. Sounds like merciless price gouging on behalf of Apple and even worse on behalf of Unicom. Glad I don't live in that hellhole.
    Heard of sales tax? 20% isn't unusually high, plus I expect there's some currency conversion costs for Apple somewhere.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by RICO_ View Post
    Ah yes. "bad vibes". So I magically willed these problems into reality with my thoughts. Good point. :

    Or maybe I'm just better at spotting defects (which by the way were CONFIRMED) than most of the other clowns that just buy a phone, fall in love and tune everything else out that doesn't jump right out at you. The people at the Apple Store almost know me by name now. And you should have seen the look on the managers' faces as I kept coming back in and they kept confirming problem after problem. They didn't know what the hell to say to me. All they could do was keep apologizing for my experience. Four of my replacement phones never even made it out of the store before having to be turned back in. FOUR! You really think i'm making this sh!t up? Get over it! I'm not!



    I like that. I like how you said "highly unlikely" and not "impossible". And considering the fact that the person I was responding to went through 7 replacement phones himself....makes it HIGHLY likely.

    Do you really think we are the only two having multiple problems with this phone? Most of the phones I had to replace had a multitude of the problems I listed on that one phone. It wasn't one for each phone. Some had the same problem over several phones. All in all I am on my 10th phone in 2 months. Two more than the other guy who's had 7 replacements in ONE month...meaning he's on his 8th phone. That's 2 iPhones a week he's burned through trying to find a good one. Some people have gone through more than a dozen. Two guys at my job gave up after having their 3rd and 6th phone replaced and just returned it and got something else.

    With millions of phones sold of course there are going to be way more happy success stories than problematic stories. It's sheer numbers.

    I'm willing to bet at least ONE person will read my post above with the list of problems and begin probing their phone and more than likely find one of those problems on their phone that they never noticed before. At least one person will do it. They might not post it or admit to it....but they will find something. I mean hell two Apple Store employees pulled out their phones and found a couple of the same issues that I was having on THEIR phone and were shocked to realize that.

    Troll?? I don't think so.

    For a minute I thought about writing Apple or Steve Jobs about my experience, but I know his little smart-azz would just write some stupid predictable response back about the tons of other people who AREN'T having problems (or haven't noticed them). So I'm not even gonna bother with that!.
    True! Coz I had a bad experience like I mentioned earlier. People are freaking blinded! They are psychologically affected with the name "iPhone" (no exaggeration) or they are ignorant of all these problems! No matter whatever you say, they wont accept or listen.. I believe those are the guys who used the phone for less than 6 months or haven't bought one yet. Ive used 3G, 3GS and iPhone 4! Disassemble, jailbreak and break! I believe the iPhone 4 is not worth 700 plus Euros! I'm happy that I got my refund approved! I'm not trying to say that all the iPhone 4s have some problem, its just that MANY iPhone 4s are having problems!
    Mind you, I have 2 cases and 2 bumpers with me now. I claimed it with the "iPhone 4 case program" app for my last 4 replacements
    Last edited by donsamuelgeorge; 09-26-2010 at 06:03 AM.

  11. #31
    I buy products from most major brands not just Apple and I rarely find defects. How is that one person can find all of the defective phones coming to him. Not to say that you didn't, but maybe you should look at your attitude in life. I'm positive about everything and I only get positive outcomes, go figure. Read some books buy Stephen Hawking and maybe you will know what I am talking about. I hope both of you have better luck in the future with everything you buy.

  12. #32
    iPhone? More like MyPhone phoenix81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    171
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 15 Times in 11 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by RICO_ View Post
    Proximity sensor intermittent problems (after 4.1 update), duplicate text messages, screen yellowing after 4 days of usage, very loose volume buttons, loose vibrator unit inside the phone (no it's not normal) loose home button, crooked home button, crooked charger port pin connector, small knicks on the top edge of the phone, multiple crashes from native apps like messages and app store that actually crashed the whole phone, excessive power off time (20 seconds just to turn off vs 2 seconds on my current one and numerous others), wifi not connecting, excessive battery drain, dust/dirt underneath front/back glass.

    These issues were from both brand new white box retail swap phones as well as service replacements....which are also brand new. Apple will not sell refurbs through their Apple stores.

    If any of you fanboys don't believe this phone could have such a wide range of problems.....wake the f**k up and crawl out of your little Apple wonderworld box. It can and does. If u don't believe it I really don't care.

    ALL of these issues were verified by either the technical support over the phone or by an Apple Store employee themselves.....including the store managers.

    The only reason I still currently have the phone is because I seem to have finally found one that has none of those problems.....yet.
    I think your a bit neurotic

  13. #33
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Right behind you!!
    Posts
    163
    Thanks
    33
    Thanked 21 Times in 16 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by n00neimp0rtant View Post
    Wait...the phone costs MORE if you sign up for a contract, than if you buy it unlocked??

    They really are backwards in China.
    But remember they then have to pay the call and data costs on top of buying an unlocked phone. With a contract, call and data are included. If you crunch the numbers it would probably be even or slightly in favour of a contract.

    I have $79 plan that includes 1Gb of data and up to $500 worth of calls. My actual call costs are in the $100-$200 range, so if I was paying for just straight calls, I'd be out hundreds of dollars each month. Instead, I just pay $79.

    Quote Originally Posted by RICO_ View Post
    Proximity sensor intermittent problems (after 4.1 update), duplicate text messages, screen yellowing after 4 days of usage, very loose volume buttons, loose vibrator unit inside the phone (no it's not normal) loose home button, crooked home button, crooked charger port pin connector, small knicks on the top edge of the phone, multiple crashes from native apps like messages and app store that actually crashed the whole phone, excessive power off time (20 seconds just to turn off vs 2 seconds on my current one and numerous others), wifi not connecting, excessive battery drain, dust/dirt underneath front/back glass.

    These issues were from both brand new white box retail swap phones as well as service replacements....which are also brand new. Apple will not sell refurbs through their Apple stores.

    If any of you fanboys don't believe this phone could have such a wide range of problems.....wake the f**k up and crawl out of your little Apple wonderworld box. It can and does. If u don't believe it I really don't care.

    ALL of these issues were verified by either the technical support over the phone or by an Apple Store employee themselves.....including the store managers.

    The only reason I still currently have the phone is because I seem to have finally found one that has none of those problems.....yet.

    It's called Karma dude. It's what you get for being a troll!! Ha.

    "The only reason I still currently have the phone is because"..., you want to be able to come here and spew your bile filled hate around the place. Why don't you get a phone that you don't hate? God, what a lying TROLL!!
    Last edited by Tyronal; 09-26-2010 at 09:18 AM.

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to Tyronal For This Useful Post:

    bevo6000 (09-26-2010)

  15. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by l0k0 View Post
    Just depends on how u look at things.

    90% of things u buy here in the US are either made in China or atleast assembled in China. So chances are ur money goes to China some way or another.

    I dunno about you, but the back of my iPhone 3gs does in fact say......Designed by Apple in California. Assembled in China.


    Well the people doing the actual assembly get paid very little.
    I saw where they live in factory supplied dorm type housing and pretty much have no free time to do much except for work.
    The top people in these factories probably get paid pretty well.
    I'm sure most of the money is really made by Apple and AT&T.

  16. #35
    iPhone? More like MyPhone katmeef's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Hamilton, ON
    Posts
    265
    Thanks
    14
    Thanked 19 Times in 12 Posts

    i'm still using the first iphone4 i got from apple on launch day in Canada with no defects or other problems (proximity issues are fixed for me with the update). I don't know anyone more anal than myself when it comes to finding and complaining about defects in the toys I buy, which is exactly why I buy apple products...

    Rico, please enjoy an android phone. I'm sure all your returns and associated hassle can't be good for my AAPL stock investments
    Last edited by katmeef; 09-26-2010 at 10:33 AM.

  17. #36
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,118
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 95 Times in 67 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Tyronal View Post

    It's called Karma dude. It's what you get for being a troll!! Ha.

    "The only reason I still currently have the phone is because"..., you want to be able to come here and spew your bile filled hate around the place. Why don't you get a phone that you don't hate? God, what a lying TROLL!!
    Ah yes. The Super Moderator asks me to present a list of the problems I was seeing with the phones I had and now idiots like YOU can only fire back with me being a "troll" after I presented my facts. Typical fanboy response. I expected at least ONE person to fire off at me like you did. You AND your little boyfriend bevo.

    I don't hate the iPhone. I still have the iPhone because from a functionality and user-friendly standpoint it's still the better phone for me. And like I said earlier, I finally found one that is problem-free at the moment. I don't like the android phones and their interface. I've tried one. Didn't like it at all. Very choppy and un-responsive at times.

    Like I said....someone asked me a question and they got the answer....it may not have been the answer him or you wanted to hear along with any other fanboys reading my posts, but it is the answer. And the only thing your retarded azz can fire back at me with is being a "troll".

    They're not perfect and neither are their products. They may be the best out there still despite the problems, but they are NOT perfect by any means.

    Quote Originally Posted by bevo6000 View Post
    I buy products from most major brands not just Apple and I rarely find defects. How is that one person can find all of the defective phones coming to him. Not to say that you didn't, but maybe you should look at your attitude in life. I'm positive about everything and I only get positive outcomes, go figure. Read some books buy Stephen Hawking and maybe you will know what I am talking about. I hope both of you have better luck in the future with everything you buy.
    Thank you for your advice, but I've got a better idea. How is it my "attitude" is messed up when all the defects I find are verified and confirmed by the Apple staff at the store? You're suggesting that I should just settle and deal with the problems? Please. This phone was hyped up to be a revolutionary phone with superior craftsmanship. So why am I finding these problems? I guess me AND the Apple Store managers are both psychotic and "neurotic" as the other guy so eloquently put it.

    And I guess it would have nothing to do with the numerous suicides at the Apple plants in China a while back. Maybe their working conditions or compensation are affecting their production quality. Who knows.

    Quote Originally Posted by katmeef View Post
    i'm still using the first iphone4 i got from apple on launch day in Canada with no defects or other problems (proximity issues are fixed for me with the update). I don't know anyone more anal than myself when it comes to finding and complaining about defects in the toys I buy, which is exactly why I buy apple products...

    Rico, please enjoy an android phone. I'm sure all your returns and associated hassle can't be good for my AAPL stock investments
    Must be my American Texas luck then. Wasn't hard for me to find these problems. It's not like I went and probed with a magnifying glass and spotlight.

    And don't worry about your stock investments, I'm sure my bad phones will be corrected and re-sold as refurbs through Apple's online program. Maybe you should talk with Apple about their product quality and not me. I don't make the iPhone.
    Last edited by thetoothfairy; 09-26-2010 at 12:34 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  18. #37
    Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    In Michigan And Florida
    Posts
    6,536
    Thanks
    3,595
    Thanked 1,003 Times in 565 Posts

    Enough is enough with the ignorant comments! Next one gets a infraction!

    "Always remember your special and unique!"

  19. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by thetoothfairy View Post
    Enough is enough with the ignorant comments! Next one gets a infraction!
    Second

  20. #39
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Grand Rapids, MI
    Posts
    147
    Thanks
    58
    Thanked 11 Times in 9 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackDrag0n View Post
    ehh iPhone 4 is allright , either way when alienware release there new touch gaming phone the phone wars will end.....till the 5th gen is out.
    Hahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!

    .....that alienware phone is gonna dominate the iPhone and android and new windows 7 phone (or windows phone 7, whatever)
    That's gonna happen.....

    Quote Originally Posted by phoenix81 View Post
    I think your a bit neurotic
    I think that might be a bit of an understatement......
    Last edited by skj8100; 09-26-2010 at 01:22 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  21. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by RICO_ View Post
    I don't hate the iPhone. I still have the iPhone because from a functionality and user-friendly standpoint it's still the better phone for me.
    Sorry for all the issues you have had, I can't empathize with you because I haven't had any of those problems that you mentioned. If you are willing to put up with all that and continue to use an iPhone 4, wouldn't you say there is something about the device at that point? If it was an HTC or Motorola device I am sure a person with so many problems would choose a different brand altogether. All of us are not blind to Apple.
    "To unpathed waters, undreamed shores." -- William Shakespeare

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •