Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: GameCenter & HDR Enabler for iPhone 3G(S) iOS 4.1

Default GameCenter & HDR Enabler for iPhone 3G(S) iOS 4.1

Developer Macusercom, has created a tweak for the iPhone 3G and 3GS on iOS 4.1 which will enable some options that have been both removed and limited in the latest iOS 4.1 update. If your an iPhone 3G user, and have upgraded to iOS 4.1 you may have noticed that GameCenter is not available. The iPhone 3GS does however have GameCenter, but Apple failed to include the HDR capabilities it has given the iPhone 4, in iOS 4.1.

With this tweak you will be able to enable GameCenter on the iPhone 3G, as well as enable HDR Photography for both the iPhone 3G and 3GS. You MUST be on iOS 4.1 for this to work, so if your not already on this firmware, do not lose your jailbreak just to update. The Greenpois0n release is right around the corner, just be patient.

Some of you may be asking "Wait, what? iOS 4.1 is required? How is that possible if we don't have a jailbreak?". While indeed, there is no official release for the newer models, the iPhone 3G and 3GS have been jailbroken via redsn0w by the Dev Team and Sn0wbreeze, released by iH8sn0w. There are quite a few requirements, so don't get your hopes up too much. However, if your confident in your geek skills, you can read more here.

Tweaks like these always make me laugh, and wonder why Apple does silly things like this to us. Just state the conditions and let the users CHOOSE to have GameCenter or not. That's my thought at least.

Search HDR/GameCenter Enabler in Cydia. You can find it on the ModMyi repo.
    Last edited by Nick Hesson; 09-24-2010 at 09:54 PM.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nick Hesson For This Useful Post:

BennyPR (09-24-2010), dt0theh (09-24-2010), Rob2G (09-24-2010)

My iPhone is a Part of Me Rob2G's Avatar
    Thanks

Sweet. Works great on iPhone 3G

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Rob2G For This Useful Post:

Nick Hesson (09-24-2010)

Default HDR doesn't work
    How do you turn on HDR in the Camera app? I see the Settings->Photos list HDR options on my 3G[S] running iOS 4.1 (msft_guy's bundle + PwnageTool), but I don't see any button in the Camera app to turn on HDR...

Anyone get this to work?

Theres some tuturials for unofficial pwnage tool jailbreak on 4.1 3g and 3gs

Anyone know if most apps in cydia that were updated to 4.0 if they will work on 4.1??

Try to make a respring. It should work.

EDIT: Some apps don't work. SBRotator etc. are broken. iOS 4.1 isn't a small update like iOS 4.0.1 and iOS 4.0.2 but not so big as the switch from iOS 3.1.3 to iOS 4. If you go into SafeMode it's broken.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Macusercom For This Useful Post:

Nick Hesson (09-24-2010)

Thanks

The funny thing 2 is that the software to use hdr and game center is already on it and all this enabler does is edit a plist file 2 make them say true next 2 game center and hdr

I respringed, it had no effect. Also, given I have a 3G[S] that already has GameCenter, do I use the HDR+Game Center enabler, or just the HDR enabler? Is the correct behavior that I should see an "HDR On/Off" button in the image in the camera app? If so, that is not working...

Can anyone post a screenshot with it working?

I know I don't know why Apple did that. If apple would delete this parts the firmware would have a size of -30-50 MB and 3G and 3Gs users wouldn't have to jailbreak their iPhones for this (or it wouldn't be possible).

Wish someone could figure out a way to extract HDR photography from 4.1 and get it working on already jailbroken i4's running 4.0.1... I assume since the code is copywritten we won't be seeing it on cydia anytime soon but theoretically if it's not too tied to the fundamentals of the OS you would think one could make a script to extract it from the official ipsw and package it into a deb. Then the end user could load it onto the device over ssh and install the deb. That sound possible to anyone?

Default Doesn't work....
    Takes away multitasking and homescreen wallpaper (guessing it replaces the springboard preferences) and then it doesnt even give me anything! No app for gamecenter and no HDR! I get HDR in settings but no button in camera...? THIS DOESN'T WORK!

Yep. Nothing works for me, so I'm removing it and Winterboard. If anyone gets it working, let me know. If nothing else, I hate Winterboard, so I'm mildly consoled by the fact that if it did work, I'd have to leave Winterboard on! oh well...

Default half works
    downloaded through cydia for my iphone 3g....

enabled both HDR and gamecentre...

HdR IS WORKING and now appears under photo settings but nothing in camera app as its a 3g

gamecentre not working....I HAVE NO GAMECENTRE APP??

HELP ME PLZ.... i really want gamecentre..

I just posted like the same post dude!

yes troe11, but the HDR actually does work, there is nothing in camera app for the iphone 3g as it was never made for iphone 3g, i took some pics earlier,they are defo more better quality, just would like to know why gamecentre app not working....

whats the point of HDR on a **** camera?
    I'm MYAATT DAAAMOOON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by leocol26 View Post
    yes troe11, but the HDR actually does work, there is nothing in camera app for the iphone 3g as it was never made for iphone 3g, i took some pics earlier,they are defo more better quality, just would like to know why gamecentre app not working....
    If you are convinced it's better, that's great, but it is definitely not on. Sound like a placebo-effect to me. The settings checkbox is supposed to keep the original and HDR in the camera roll: only one photo appears for each shot I take, so that must be the normal one, no HDR. I took a picture in my dim living-room toward the outside sky. It showed no more dynamic range than before. Definitely a non-feature, and thus a shame that MMI didn't check their homework before making this post.

steve do you have an iphone 3g? did you get gamecentre to work?

I do not see an HDR option after rebooting in Photos. Also, Game Center runs but is not showing installed Game Center games under Games This on on a 3G

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast