Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Ringtone Creation Apps Becoming Big Draw for App Store

MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,481 Times in 567 Posts

Default Ringtone Creation Apps Becoming Big Draw for App Store

The ramifications of the Apple's revised App Store Review Guidelines have effectively changed many longstanding policies of one of the most notoriously stringent policy-stickler companies in the tech world. With every passing week, it appears that the updated guidelines permit something new in the App Store that, until now, had never been permissible. Case in point: iPhone ringtone creation apps. The refreshed App Store Review Guidelines now allow for the creation and availability of custom ringtone creation apps - those that originate from third-party developers.

Developers (in great numbers) are shifting into ringtone-maker-mode. As recently highlighted by Mobile Crunch, several have already been submitted and given access to the Holy Grail of the app world - the App Store. They include: Best Ringtone Maker, Ringtone Designer Pro, Music Ringtone Maker, Ringtone Maker Pro, Custom Ringtone Maker, and others.

While the existence of ringtone creation apps isn't totally groundbreaking (since, you know, we could do it already using other software and technologies) it's a first to be able to create iPhone ringtones from a ringtone-specific app from the App Store. So, without question, the big news here isn't that the App Store now offers applications that provide this function. It's that Apple now allows the App Store to offer those particular apps. And when Apple lets its hair down... it opens a whole new world of possibilities to developers and the millions who enjoy their creations.

Mobile Crunch

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Michael Essany For This Useful Post:

Armored (09-24-2010), canamen2003 (09-28-2010), chquair75 (09-26-2010), iMack007 (09-24-2010)

Thanks

Not interested. We have known that new apps are getting in. Why another story about it?

so which one is free. i dont wanna pay to make another ringtone on my phone. theres a jailbreak app for that!

and they are all stupid, as you still have to get on iTunes to sync the ringtone to your phone!
    Last edited by chris102192; 09-24-2010 at 10:43 AM.
    iPhone [5] 64GB Black 6.1.2

http://www.twitter.com/iChrisHarrison

5. The Following User Says Thank You to chris102192 For This Useful Post:

pluto459 (09-24-2010)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I think Apple are trying to eliminate the reasons why people jailbreak. Could we see themes in the AppStore any time soon?? Or maybe a Theme Center

7. The Following User Says Thank You to UiK For This Useful Post:

saunupe1911 (09-24-2010)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by UiK View Post
    I think Apple are trying to eliminate the reasons why people jailbreak. Could we see themes in the AppStore any time soon?? Or maybe a Theme Center
    There is an app in the app store called App Frames.

Yeah, I think that's their goal as well. They are finally getting picture. Jailbreaking will still stay strong though because Apple still has strict limit from an iOS standpoint. We will probably see a lot less full apps on Cydia, but more tweaks. The best Cydia apps like My3G and MiWi will never get in the AppStore.

Livin the iPhone Life BenderRodriguez's Avatar
    Thanks

Really? You think apple wants to eliminate it? Well gee willicurs of course that's been there goal from day 1

rofl copter

What they really need to add to the OS is SBSettings, that's the number 1 reason for jailbreak besides carrier unlock

My iPhone is a Part of Me iLoveWindows&iPhone's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cory View Post
    Not interested. We have known that new apps are getting in. Why another story about it?
    If ur not interested, why bother leaving a quote? Yes Messany at times posts frustrating rumor filled posts, but this is a legitimate piece of news. Perhaps when he posts good articles u should applaud him instead of bashing him.
    El Zurdo

12. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to iLoveWindows&iPhone For This Useful Post:

1hihum (09-25-2010), Aldog18 (09-24-2010), foscocity (09-24-2010), h2a (09-24-2010), iMack007 (09-24-2010), soulthoughts (09-24-2010), The_13th_Plague (09-24-2010), whereswaldo (09-24-2010)

I'd love to put my themes on the AppStore! $$Cha-ching$$

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iLoveWindows&iPhone View Post
    If ur not interested, why bother leaving a quote? Yes Messany at times posts frustrating rumor filled posts, but this is a legitimate piece of news. Perhaps when he posts good articles u should applaud him instead of bashing him.
    Bashing is all people know how to do on this forum. People seem to think news is not news to anyone if they heard it somewhere first. Fact is, even with new changes to the AppStore, it is still pretty cool to hear what sorts of Apps are breaking the Apple banhammer of old.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

15. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to sziklassy For This Useful Post:

1hihum (09-25-2010), Aldog18 (09-24-2010), greek.guy (09-24-2010), mortopher (09-25-2010), soulthoughts (09-24-2010), The_13th_Plague (09-24-2010)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chris102192 View Post
    so which one is free. i dont wanna pay to make another ringtone on my phone. theres a jailbreak app for that!

and they are all stupid, as you still have to get on iTunes to sync the ringtone to your phone!
    Ringtone Designer is free but Ringtone Designer Pro is $.99, the free version only allows 20 second ringtones while Pro allows any length of your choosing.

Because it's interesting to most. Sure we know new apps are getting in, but NEWS is all about keeping people up to date, such as letting them know WHAT apps are getting in. It was news to me. Thanks Messany.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Armored For This Useful Post:

1hihum (09-25-2010), soulthoughts (09-24-2010), The_13th_Plague (09-24-2010)

Thanks

This is news to me.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to soulthoughts For This Useful Post:

Armored (09-24-2010), The_13th_Plague (09-24-2010)

All they need to do now is allow new SMS tones. That would be cool.

jailbreak for life lol.

Thanks

I'm glad that some of you see this as news. To me I have seen plenty of articles on here about apple's new standards and what app are getting in. This isn't interesting to me. When GV Mobile+ got in, that was interesting. I don't use GV right now, but the functions of that app are far beyond a ringtone creator. We have been making ringtones for free since the original iPhone.

I wasn't bashing Essany. I didn't even mention him. I asked why is there another story about something that MMI has reported on multiple times. I did stick up for Essany in the past, but have since been tainted by the countless articles on a Verizon iPhone. I said nothing negative about him. I'm glad he is finally moving on from the Verizon rumor mill and writing about other stuff, but how about something new?

iPhone? More like MyPhone risingkazuya05's Avatar
    Thanks

old news, but still appreciated. AFAIK, the first ringtone apps that squeezed in to the app store first came out 04/2010 or maybe a little bit earlier.
    Ninjas?!?!...They all learned from ME!!!

I agree. I don't see why not. With all these themes that are being created. Apple could make a killing as well submitting and taking some profit off of developers themes

yesterday fart apps, today ring tones, tomorrow themes!!

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to toyvan For This Useful Post:

1hihum (09-25-2010), mortopher (09-25-2010)

Quote Originally Posted by toyvan View Post
    yesterday fart apps, today ring tones, tomorrow themes!!
    Looks like you aren't the only one dreaming about themes in App Store

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast