Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 23% of AT&T Users Would Switch to Verizon: Survey

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 5h4d0w View Post
    I would definitely switch... To anything, really. Nothing could be worse than ATT. $100 a month for ONE PHONE, NO DATA, NO TEXTING! Hell, I'm not even using a "Smartphone", just a simple flip-phone.
    Calls drop like flies here, and calling customer service usually results in an "It's not our fault" reply. Worst.Carrier.Ever.
    Well I'm surprised you pay $100 for one line. That's close to what I pay for 2 iPhone 4's. And I have the highest data plans. Then again I don't use the voice portion much... Lol you should consider switching then. -- THIS PORTION EDITED OUT-- (cuz someone is losing sleep over me not being 100% specific about a what I say).
    Last edited by i.Annie; 09-23-2010 at 02:02 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone ifonemaniac's Avatar
    Thanks

I am finally settled in at my new base and after two weeks here I discovered T-Mo service is very low. A friend on base has the EVO with Sprint and says he gets enough signal to game on his PC since he rooted it. Seeing as I deploy next year I don't know if I want to start a contract! Ahh! Anyone in eastern north carolina give me advice on sprint verizon att etc... Thanks

Sent using my iPhone with one bar while on Edge :'-(
    Last edited by ifonemaniac; 09-23-2010 at 08:38 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone mmurphmsu's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anniex423 View Post
    Well I'm surprised you pay $100 for one line. That's close to what I pay for 2 iPhone 4's. And I have the highest data plans. Then again I don't use the voice portion much... Lol you should consider switching then for your situation. Just wondering tho, why are you on MMi if you don't have a "smartphone" such as an iPhone?
    This site is not just for iPhone's, its also for Mac's, iPads, iPods, etc. His info about him/her has iPod touch at the top.
    Please hit "Thanks!" if I helped you.

Well I'm surprised you pay $100 for one line. That's close to what I pay for 2 iPhone 4's. And I have the highest data plans. Then again I don't use the voice portion much... Lol you should consider switching then for your situation. Just wondering tho, why are you on MMi if you don't have a "smartphone" such as an iPhone?

Pretty sure that guy is lying the only way his bill could be that high is if he used the Internet a ton without an internet plan all month and is paying those fees. If ur gonna lie on AT&T at least make it believable

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mmurphmsu View Post
    This site is not just for iPhone's, its also for Mac's, iPads, iPods, etc. His info about him/her has iPod touch at the top.
    Unfortunately I can't view the devices people have on my iPhone. My bad. But this thread is about AT&T and iPhone, is it not?

Quote Originally Posted by wolverinemarky View Post
    Pretty sure that guy is lying the only way his bill could be that high is if he used the Internet a ton without an internet plan all month and is paying those fees. If ur gonna lie on AT&T at least make it believable
    Either that or he has a ridiculously small minute plan and exceeds it every month. Out of plan minutes cost a fortune.

Thanks

I would definitely switch... To anything, really. Nothing could be worse than ATT. $100 a month for ONE PHONE, NO DATA, NO TEXTING! Hell, I'm not even using a "Smartphone", just a simple flip-phone.
    Calls drop like flies here, and calling customer service usually results in an "It's not our fault" reply. Worst.Carrier.Ever.
    That's weird. $100 a month is what unlimited minutes, data and texting cost 4 months ago. Although I don't know about data now that there's a cap. Sounds like someone needs to read a pamphlet.
    iPhone 4 to Android directly back to iPhone 4. I learned my lesson and will never leave iOS again.

That's not shocking

iPhone? More like MyPhone 5h4d0w's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rokesomesmeefer View Post
    Either that or he has a ridiculously small minute plan and exceeds it every month. Out of plan minutes cost a fortune.
    It's 800 minutes a month, never once ran over it. My plan hasn't changed at all since I first started using ATT. Back then (4 yrs ago), my plan only cost me $50/mo, which I thought was pretty reasonable. Each year since, though, the cost has increased. When the contract runs out in a year, I'm going to just drop having a cell phone completely; I can't afford it any more. I have a WiFi signal 90% of the time here anyway, and with TextFree/Whistle on my iPod touch, I can get pretty much the same functionality.

iPhone? More like MyPhone mmurphmsu's Avatar
    Thanks

Unfortunately I can't view the devices people have on my iPhone. My bad. But this thread is about AT&T and iPhone, is it not?
    Yes it is about iPhone's and AT&T but your first comment says MMi not this thread.
    Please hit "Thanks!" if I helped you.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mmurphmsu View Post
    Yes it is about iPhone's and AT&T but your first comment says MMi not this thread.
    Then does it matter? I can go and edit it. The point is we are talking about iPhones in this thread. Sorry if this bothers you so much that you might lose sleep over it.

It's 800 minutes a month, never once ran over it. My plan hasn't changed at all since I first started using ATT. Back then (4 yrs ago), my plan only cost me $50/mo, which I thought was pretty reasonable. Each year since, though, the cost has increased. When the contract runs out in a year, I'm going to just drop having a cell phone completely; I can't afford it any more. I have a WiFi signal 90% of the time here anyway, and with TextFree/Whistle on my iPod touch, I can get pretty much the same functionality.
    You said $100 for a regular phone plan without text or data right? It's 59.99 for 900 min and 69.99 for unlimited. If you're paying $100 you might consider getting one of these two options then.
    Last edited by i.Annie; 09-23-2010 at 01:58 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by silent six View Post
    Aggreed with that exept for the sprint part lol.. But in lexington it does suck.. I was in fayette mall the other day at the apple store and dropped 3 calls..
    Oh I agree. Sprint is not the best. I force my phone to roam on verizon by changing the prl. Lol. So I get sprint pricing with verizon speeds. Best of both worlds

I will not buy a iPhone because of AT&T

Quote Originally Posted by liquidzoo View Post
    That's for laptop cards. Look on the Right Hand side of the page here: Unlimited Family Cell Phone Plans - Verizon Wireless They still have the Unlimited plan. I believe I did read here (when I was on Verizon and had a Droid) that someone from VZW had confirmed they were dropping the Unlimited plan. There was some speculation that those who were Grandfathered into the Unlimited plan would have to change (and thus lose that plan) if they upgraded their phone.
    Ok, I stand corrected. But guess what - by the time an iPhone would come out through Verizon, guess who won't have unlimited data plans... Verizon confirms the future of 3G data is tiered

iPhone? More like MyPhone HeavyD4's Avatar
    Thanks

I Hate Verizon,they make commercials makin fun of apple and at&t products saying there so much better but are beggin for the iphone,let them keep beggin!!!

OS X - excellent enough to put on phones LGgeek's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cjacks519 View Post
    I think opinions on service depends heavily on what part of the country you're in. I'm in Dallas, TX and I feel that at&t's service in my area is far superior to verizon. I've used both services and had many more reception and signal issues from verizon. I've also had more customer service problems from verizon as well
    I would think you would get great service AT&T (SBC) is headquartered in San Antonio.
    I don't drink kool-Aid, I don't join cults.
    This is why I break out in cold sweat going to Apple retail store.

iPhone? More like MyPhone LamboFan's Avatar
    Thanks

That's good to know...would the iPhone 3GS be available on Verizon?

I hafta agree. I've had AT&T since 1996 and aside not paying my bill a couple times, I've never ever had any reason to jump ship. Having owned 9 phones with them I don't plan to change, and yes I'm sticking with the unlimited plan too. Long as I can jailbreak, I'm good with my 3G.

I would want to get AT&T but here in Denver it really gets a lot of spotty coverage...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234