+ Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 23% of AT&T Users Would Switch to Verizon: Survey

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Next June we'll have 4G networks rolling out, and a 4G enabled iPhone, and I'm in Dallas. Besides, VZW has WAY slower data speeds, NO simultaneous voice and data, and
    Thanks

Next June we'll have 4G networks rolling out, and a 4G enabled iPhone, and I'm in Dallas. Besides,

VZW has WAY slower data speeds, NO simultaneous voice and data, and if the VZW iPhone doesn't have VZW's horrible SH*T spammed all over it (Vcast VZNavigator, ect, ect, ect), it would be the FIRST VZW device ever that doesn't. It's possible that they'll give to Apple on the crapware though. I mean, VZW would hand wash Steve Job's turtlenecks and tighty whiteys to get an iPhone. They aren't in a position to make any demands.

I'm grandfathered and happy. I've had both, they both drop calls. Period. I'll stay.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i wouldnt switch because I had nothing but problems with customer service of verizon. Also att is cheaper, and I have NO problems with att and my iphone 4 with service or anything else =]

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Yea, I wouldn't switch if Verizon got the iPhone. I'll always be w/AT&T. GSM > CDMA.

Thanks

AT&T FTW, I'm a happy customer

Livin the iPhone Life TheOrioles33's Avatar
    Thanks

You can kiss Droid sales goodbye if the iPhone goes to Verizon.
    MacBook Pro i7
    Dell XPS

Thanks

I would switch, AT&T isn't very good where I live. BUUUT it depends on Verizon. If they restrict and charge for every little feature that the iPhone offers or if they charge too much for unlimited data then forget it.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Verizon fios customer service has pissed me off so many times I would never switch. I don't know if anyone has had to call Att customer service lately but they are incredibly helpfull and polite.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I would only switch if they could surpass at&t data network speed which is very fast & if they get unlimited data plan. Unlimited data is a must on the iPhone.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,663 Times in 808 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by monadzback View Post
    Att in lexington ky is horrible. Me and my wife had the i4 and loved it. Then att started sucking. We sold our i4's for 1400 and bought an evo and an epic on sprint and haven't looked back not one dropped call. At t dropped at least 10 a day.
    Aggreed with that exept for the sprint part lol.. But in lexington it does suck.. I was in fayette mall the other day at the apple store and dropped 3 calls..

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default AT&T Awesome in N. Utah
    I would no way switch to Verizon. They mis-treated my daughter in her contract with them and they have ****** service where I live. AT&T on the other hand has bent over backwards for me and my family and they have really good service in N. Utah. We do have dropped calls, but less than I had with T-mobile OR Verizon.

I also think AT&T is getting better all the time. They're not perfect, but they are working pretty hard.

Thanks

I bet those 1.4 millions would change their mind after they slap with a $325 fee.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

One of my favorite things about AT&T is that with every month you've been with them, they take $10 off the termination fee. Then again I don't see myself terminating with AT&T anytime soon...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

AT&T service is absolutely terrible here in St Louis. I know its not one of their larger markets, but yeah, dropped calls on the reg, and my $30 3G data plan gets me at most about 200 k download speeds lately, upload speeds are pathetic. I could get that for like $5 through dial-up at home.
    I think a lot of this may coincide with the iphone 4's release, considering it worked a TON better prior to the summer? But, I'm about done with it. I guess I'm in that 23%. Going Sprint I believe, their service works very well here, and their 4G is in any major city I'll ever visit. Plus I'll save $30 a month, AND have unlimited everything, instead of 450 minutes.
    If the iphone 5 is the ****, and AT&T service is at least up to par, I'll be back, until then...

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Get it on Verizon, get it unlocked and go on MetroPCS...
    $40 unlimited everything AND it includes taxes and fees

Thanks

Verizon completely over rated!!! If Verizon got the iPhone, they would have way worse issues than AT&T with there network. I've been a AT&T customer for ten years, I've had every release of the iPhone so far. I'm very pleased with AT&T and there service!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Funny... Verizon is much more expensive than AT&T ....I'm GOOD!

Thanks

Ha...ha...ha..ha......I'm with T-mobile

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I love the picture lol

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rokesomesmeefer View Post

The same Sprint that charges you an extra $9.99/mo for 4G service if you have a 4G-capable phone, even if 4G is not available in your area. Yeah, much better for consumers...
    ATT did the same to me. When I got my 3G nowhere in my STATE had 3G, let alone my area. It took them over a year and a half to get 3g in the capitol. Shortly after that 3G came to my town as well. Point of the matter is I was paying the added data plan for 3G data for about 18 months (that's $180 down the toilet since the service was not usable). EVERY company does this...
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

iPhone? More like MyPhone 5h4d0w's Avatar
    Thanks

I would definitely switch... To anything, really. Nothing could be worse than ATT. $100 a month for ONE PHONE, NO DATA, NO TEXTING! Hell, I'm not even using a "Smartphone", just a simple flip-phone.
    Calls drop like flies here, and calling customer service usually results in an "It's not our fault" reply. Worst.Carrier.Ever.