+ Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 23% of AT&T Users Would Switch to Verizon: Survey

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Yep. I mean look they're already charging $8 more for a stupid 25MB data plan than it should cost. That and their data speeds aren't that great. Imagine if they
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Yep. I mean look they're already charging $8 more for a stupid 25MB data plan than it should cost. That and their data speeds aren't that great.

Imagine if they ever got the iPhone. It'd be like downgrading cuz their data speeds would suck.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Patato22's Avatar
    Thanks

Verizon sucks to much money
    iPhone 4 Black 16GB JailBroken waiting for unlock

Green Apple
    Thanks

Att in lexington ky is horrible. Me and my wife had the i4 and loved it. Then att started sucking. We sold our i4's for 1400 and bought an evo and an epic on sprint and haven't looked back not one dropped call. At t dropped at least 10 a day.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Kil0111's Avatar
    Thanks

nah, i would rather be able to browse safari while pretending to listen to my girlfriend blabbing on about pointless **** during a phone call. that would NEVER happen on verizon....
    AT&T FTW =]

Removed for being inappropriate. This is your sixth and final warning -

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Kil0111 For This Useful Post:

vinaygoel2000 (09-22-2010)

Banned
    Thanks

Gee, I wonder how many would switch after you tell them that they will have to buy a new iPhone since their existing iPhone will NOT work on Verizon...

Quote Originally Posted by zeroskater61 View Post
    Am with AT&T

But I also heard the rumors about verizon calling off there unlimited plan from my friend who is on the verizon network.

But if that's true, you would think why??
    well think about it... If verizon did get the iPhone how many ppl do you think would be using up that unlimited data plan to it's fullest??

I for one know I used my AT&T iPhone unlimited data plan to it's fullest! I mean I was paying for it so why not put it to use right.

So if verizon did get the iPhone I think they would kill the unlimited data plans for this reason!! To either ease the use of there network or simply just make money. ( $$$$ )
    They've already killed off their unlimited plans. See Verizon Wireless - Mobile Broadband - Plans

Honestly though, their "unlimited" plan was never really unlimited to begin with, they had a 5GB soft cap that when exceeded would cost extra, same as AT&T.

Quote Originally Posted by neonsector View Post
    It will be a dumb move to give verizon an iPhone which I doubt they will, there have been reports that they don't care about iPhones and that they are happy with their droid lineup. Sprint will be the beat consumer choice, they have the best plans and the network to handle the iPhone traffic
    The same Sprint that charges you an extra $9.99/mo for 4G service if you have a 4G-capable phone, even if 4G is not available in your area. Yeah, much better for consumers...
    Last edited by Rokesomesmeefer; 09-22-2010 at 12:32 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My iPhone is a Part of Me thevmax's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Switching to Verizon
    Hey...it couldn't be any worse switching to Verizon over AT&T !?!
    This is why I mentioned in a previous reply that ATT would be smart to let 3G or 3GS owners trade up to an IPhone4 before their contract is up. That way ATT gets to keep some of their customer base.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Patato22's Avatar
    Thanks

Ok AT&T & verizon sucks to much $ lol i use simple mobile from t-mobile for 4 months now and never have q drop call neverrrrrrrrrr neverrrrrrrrrr a drop call all for 60 dollar all unlimited!

They are boths to expensive one more than the other one soo ( everyone has a different experiense )
    iPhone 4 Black 16GB JailBroken waiting for unlock

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rokesomesmeefer View Post
    Gee, I wonder how many would switch after you tell them that they will have to buy a new iPhone since their existing iPhone will NOT work on Verizon...
    I don't think most people have really thought about what they would need to do in order to switch. Especially what they would have to give up, i.e. their unlimited data on AT&T if they were grandfathered in.

Honestly though, their "unlimited" plan was never really unlimited to begin with, they had a 5GB soft cap that when exceeded would cost extra, same as AT&T.
    No such thing as "FREE" or "UNLIMITED" in the business world. There's always a hidden rule or fee...

Quote Originally Posted by thevmax View Post
    Hey...it couldn't be any worse switching to Verizon over AT&T !?!
    This is why I mentioned in a previous reply that ATT would be smart to let 3G or 3GS owners trade up to an IPhone4 before their contract is up. That way ATT gets to keep some of their customer base.
    That's exactly why Apple was allowing 3GS owners to trade in their iPhones at the store for the iPhone 4 and Radio Shack was paying you $100/$200 for your 3G/3GS. Very smart since no one wants to pay $325 to terminate early, buy an additional CDMA iPhone and give up "unlimited" data.

Green Apple
    Thanks

They've already killed off their unlimited plans. See Verizon Wireless - Mobile Broadband - Plans
    That's for laptop cards. Look on the Right Hand side of the page here: Unlimited Family Cell Phone Plans - Verizon Wireless They still have the Unlimited plan. I believe I did read here (when I was on Verizon and had a Droid) that someone from VZW had confirmed they were dropping the Unlimited plan. There was some speculation that those who were Grandfathered into the Unlimited plan would have to change (and thus lose that plan) if they upgraded their phone.
    Hear my sporadic ramblings: @liquidzoo on Twitter

My iPhone is a Part of Me kuhndsn's Avatar
    Thanks

CDMA?!? Ummm. NO not for me. Perhaps if we were in the 1990's or if I never traveled. I'm part of the 77%. I like options and CDMA Gives none of thoes. SIM card all the way. No need to unlock a CDMA phone. Expecially a smart phone.

Green Apple
    Thanks

At t charges for 3g in non 3g areas. Same as sprint with 4g. Remember when going from original iphone to the 3g? Had to switch to a 3g plan. Even with no 3g coverage

Thanks

True, then you'll have to move to a 3G covered area or not get AT&T :P

I still think paying for data with a 3G plan but not having 3G coverage is cheaper than getting Verizon's data plan. I'm still not over the 25MB for $9.99 thing, lol.
    Last edited by i.Annie; 09-22-2010 at 01:03 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anniex423 View Post
    True, then you'll have to move to a 3G covered area or not get AT&T :P

I still think paying for data with a 3G plan but not having 3G coverage is cheaper than getting Verizon's data plan. I'm still not over the 25MB for $9.99 thing, lol.
    That 25MB for $10 deal is only for non-smartphones. You want a Droid or a Blackberry, you have no option but the $30 unlimited plan (or the $45 unlimited business plan).

Thanks
    Thanked 1,694 Times in 838 Posts

I've got a Verizon Palm Pre with free 3G tethering and unlimited data for the next year and a half, and combined with a 4th gen iPod Touch, there's really no reason for me to spend $1400+ on an iPhone 4.

The iPhone 5, on the other hand...

iPhone? More like MyPhone Antman217's Avatar
    Thanks

Lol now everyone is saying they love AT&T but yeah I agree I have had AT&T for 15 years now and I have had no problems with them. The bills are a little expensive sometimes but with their data speeds and since I'm grandfathered in to the unlimited data plan I think it's worth it. And they are getting 4G next year... is verizon? I don't think so.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by liquidzoo View Post
    That 25MB for $10 deal is only for non-smartphones. You want a Droid or a Blackberry, you have no option but the $30 unlimited plan (or the $45 unlimited business plan).
    Does that change the fact that it's still expensive?

Livin the iPhone Life Bluemoldycheeze88's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anniex423 View Post
    Does that change the fact that it's still expensive?
    nope not to mention their stingy when it comes to discounts.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Antman217 View Post
    And they are getting 4G next year... is verizon? I don't think so.
    Verizon is rolling out 4G in 30 markets (even though I heard 70 initially) in January.

AT&T won't roll theirs out until mid-year (possibly coinciding with the iPhone 5).

Thanks

Not to mention you can't use the internet while in a call on Verizon. When I'm talking to a buddy with his Droid, I can look up anything we are talking about. He has to end the call to do that.

iPhone? More like MyPhone mmurphmsu's Avatar
    Thanks

Let them leave if they want. More bandwidth for use.
    Please hit "Thanks!" if I helped you.