+ Reply
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: What's New In Cydia : LSRotator, Home Page in Safari, FoldersInFolders

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
This week everything is available in Cydia, as you all know there is no more Rock. There is quite a bit to cover so lets get started. Fire up Cydia
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,576 Times in 277 Posts

Default What's New In Cydia : LSRotator, Home Page in Safari, FoldersInFolders

This week everything is available in Cydia, as you all know there is no more Rock. There is quite a bit to cover so lets get started. Fire up Cydia and enjoy these new apps... or continue patiently waiting for the newest jailbreak tool.

Home Page in Safari
    Will Strafach

Developed by Will Strafach (@cdevwill), Home Page in Safari allows you to easily set a default home page in Safari. This beats the hell out of a white screen. You can grab it in Cydia for $0.99.

More by this developer: Camera Preview Disabler, PDF Loading Warner

LS Rotator
    Elias Limneos

Compatible with your iPhone or iPod, LSRotator allows you to rotate your lockscreen according to your device's orientation, similar to the way the iPad currently functions. Once you pair this bad boy with SBRotator, you can have your device act just like the iPad.

By simply tapping the lockscreen with 2 fingers, your able to lock the orientation for those moments when you just don't want to rotate. Rotation duration, orientation angles and graphical options are available under settings.

*Supports Cydgets, CyDialer, LockInfo, ClockHide, SmartScreen and several other addons.

Grab it now for only $0.99 in Cydia!

More by this Developer: TwitScreen, SBRotatorSBRotator, SBSettings Toggle, Lighttpd SBSettings Toggle, PagePreview, Call InfoFields, FoldersInFolders

FoldersInFolders
    Elias Limneos

Note: this is very unstable. Wait for further updates or wait for FolderEnhancer coming soon.

FoldersInFolders allows you to do just that: Add Folders inside Folders! This tweak will allow for even more in depth management of your folders. You'll need iOS 4 for this one obviously.

Available in Cydia for $1.99

NOT yet compatible with GridLock

Switcher Plus
    biteSMS Developers

From the developers of biteSMS comes SwitcherPlus. SwitcherPlus is a simple little tweak that allows the native multi-tasking "Switcher" feature to also be used on the Lock Screen at any given time.

Find it on Cydia for FREE!

Unify Music/Video into iPod App
    ShadowSonic2

This tweak merges the Music and Video into a unified iPod App. I've always wanted something like this for my iPod. It works on all iPod Touches (1G,2G,3G). Requires Winterboard.

Grab it for free in Cydia.

More...

Be sure to also check out these new apps and updates:

Covert - Private Browsing for Safari (iOS 4 Only)
    Flash SMS - Send Class 0 SMS.
    FullyFeatured - Enables iOS 4 Features on all iPods
    iDNS - Dynamic DNS update client for noIP, dynDNS and DNSOMatic services.
    Speedssid - Recover Thompson/Speedtouch password
    UDID Finder - A simple UDID information app
    Direct Closer - Adds a red x to MultiTask icons.
    UniScribe - Universal Note taker
    Last edited by Nick Hesson; 09-22-2010 at 01:50 PM.

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Nick Hesson For This Useful Post:

allanes5 (09-21-2010), Buffolus (09-21-2010), IrishBlue77 (09-23-2010), metaserph (11-26-2010), mrmotivator (09-22-2010), scuzzmonster (09-22-2010), soti2009 (09-21-2010), TheSmartGuy (09-22-2010), VaderForce (09-22-2010)

My iPhone is a Part of Me kadinh's Avatar
    Thanks

More good stuff coming every day!

But I got foldersinfolders and it crashed my phone and locked some of my apps on my SB. Good idea, but I deleted it. Guess I'll wait for an update.

And why is it that a lot more ppl are charging for their apps? Used to, almost all of them were free. But now all the good stuff has a price. I'm not complaining, just an observation. I'm always willing to pay for a good app!

My iPhone is a Part of Me tudtran's Avatar
    Thanks

Who would pay .99 to set a home page?

5. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to tudtran For This Useful Post:

ALIEN1974 (09-22-2010), Andydigital (09-22-2010), Jahooba (09-22-2010), MaxRabbit (09-23-2010), rhekt (09-21-2010), SirTimothy1 (09-22-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    LSRotator looks pretty cool

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

So..incase anyone is wondering..invisible slide to unlock and LS Rotator..not compatible. I think I may be locked out now haha..

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Safari For This Useful Post:

knd775 (09-22-2010), MaxRabbit (09-23-2010), Nick Hesson (09-21-2010)

My iPhone is a Part of Me kuhndsn's Avatar
    Thanks

I keep hearing no more Rock, yet I just received two new updates today. All that good new stuff in cydia yet still a bad URL for MMI...(annoying as all heck). I am a huge cydia fan but I have to admit I love Rocks layout. It's much easier to navigate. It's just as nice as the app store.

Thanks

Extremely disappointed. Not cause the apps are bad just cause I just saw them all ten mins ago while looking through cydia. Just wasn't as exciting cause I found them all myself. O well enjoy

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Safari View Post
    So..incase anyone is wondering..invisible slide to unlock and LS Rotator..not compatible. I think I may be locked out now haha..
    I think u can double tap your lockscreen to rotate. Or ssh or whatever u use to explore your device and run an uninstall command for LS or go to stash, themes, delete the invisible unlock and restart.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Don't buy FoldersInFolders!!!! It has locked apps on two of our phones. Even uninstalling it doesn't fix it. And yes we did pay the $2 each for it. I have emailed the dev twice with no response.
    Last edited by efi2nr; 09-21-2010 at 09:36 PM.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to efi2nr For This Useful Post:

Jahooba (09-22-2010)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kayvong8 View Post
    I think u can double tap your lockscreen to rotate. Or ssh or whatever u use to explore your device and run an uninstall command for LS or go to stash, themes, delete the invisible unlock and restart.
    I got back in, passcode was on I just needed to respiring to automatically bring up the passcode keypad.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Safari For This Useful Post:

knd775 (09-22-2010)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Safari View Post
    Had a similar problem but with my custom slider. If u have sbsetting just open that from the lock screen and hit respring the key code pad should display after the phone resprings. Enter code and remove either the slider theme or LS rotator.

Banned
    Thanks

Folders in folders is great concept but anything that tweaks the fundamentals of the device, that much... Got to wait for a couple updates! When I saw the tweak, I pictured syncing and iTunes crapping all over it self, puking out of my cd drive and ultimately stabbing my iPhone to death.

It's not the matter of personalizing ur phone... It's bamboozling the **** out of it ha!

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kayvong8 For This Useful Post:

SirTimothy1 (09-22-2010), UnoriginalUsername (09-21-2010)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

SwitcherPlus is my fav this week

Green Apple
    Thanks

I liked rock a lot too

Thanks
    Thanked 1,576 Times in 277 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kuhndsn View Post
    yet still a bad URL for MMI...(annoying as all heck).
    What bad URL?

Sent from my iPod touch using ModMyi

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

FoldersInFolders is broken. Cool concept, but broken. It opens a folder inside a folder by opening it on your SB outside of the folder it's inside of, but with GridLock it moves everything over one space and doesn't move them back. So you have rearrange every time you open the app. Also, it locked Doodle Jump, and random icons disappear. After it locked up my SB I turned off the display and resprung and it assploded my apps and puked something like 50 apps all over the place. It needs some serious work as of right now and I would stay very far away unless you like moving all your icons back where they were every time you open a folder inside another one.
    HK-Z on Game Center

What's Jailbreak? UnoriginalUsername's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kayvong8 View Post
    Folders in folders is great concept but anything that tweaks the fundamentals of the device, that much... Got to wait for a couple updates! When I saw the tweak, I pictured syncing and iTunes crapping all over it self, puking out of my cd drive and ultimately stabbing my iPhone to death.

It's not the matter of personalizing ur phone... It's bamboozling the **** out of it ha!
    Thank you for making my day with this. Absolutely hilarious.

iPhone? More like MyPhone xxhorseriderxxx's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tudtran View Post
    Who would pay .99 to set a home page?
    I sure wouldn't.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

After rearranging everything I decided to uninstall FoldersInFolders and everything on my SB, folder placement and app placement within those folders, went right back to where I had them before installing it. I see now it says it's not compatible with GridLock so I wonder if that was the issue. So from my experience, I'd stay away of you have GridLock, seems to really bork your SB if you do. Cool concept though!
    HK-Z on Game Center

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KartRacer View Post
    FoldersInFolders is broken. Cool concept, but broken.
    it locked Doodle Jump, and random icons disappear. After it locked up my SB I turned off the display and resprung and it assploded my apps and puked something like 50 apps all over the place.
    See. Like I said. U can get the same effect.

1) Go to cydia, download any app you want,
    2) place your phone on the table,
    3) After downloading ur app, respiring.
    4) Then grab a Phillips head screw driver and cram it as far up the charge/dock hole u can.
    5) Leave it on the table and stand above it.
    6) Drop your pants and bend your knees so that your B hole is above the home-screen button.
    7) Proceed to "download" all over the screen.
    8) Carry the phone out to the driveway and leave it there.
    9) Drive over the device and I guarantee you will have folders in folders, on folders, over folders, new tire mark multitasking background and what seems to be... In my opinion... A more user-friendly version of folders-in-folders!

+ Reply
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast