+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Napster Releases iOS App

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
All you people comparing it to Pandora don't get it: It's subscription music that plays SPECIFICALLY what you want ON DEMAND. Go take out your rage on commercial sat radio
    My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

All you people comparing it to Pandora don't get it: It's subscription music that plays SPECIFICALLY what you want ON DEMAND. Go take out your rage on commercial sat radio service if you want, which can only play a genre you want, but a Napster to Go or Napster streaming subscription is different. Ever hear of Zune Pass? That's what this is for compatible players. The iPhone and iPod are not thanks to Apple wanting to force iTunes on you, so that is the ONLY reason why the app streams. With other compatible players, you can sign up for Napster to Go and download LITERALLY millions of tracks for your monthly fee and play them OFFLINE on your compatible digital audio player. This app lets people who already have subscriptions access them on a device that will never support them directly and it does so by streaming. That is the only reason it streams so comparing it to Pandora is just stupid.

Heck, you can even use it on any WMA player if you know how to break the DRM. I'm not saying you should because that's probably why Raphsody and Yahoo Unlimited quit doing Janus subscription-based services. Microsoft basically abandoned it once FairUse4WM arrived and moved on to a proprietary subscription service for Zune.

iPhone? More like MyPhone macsoldier's Avatar
    Thanks

Pandora the way to go on this one.

My iPhone is a Part of Me klouud's Avatar
    Thanks

Been waiting for this! NICE! My wife and I use Napster for unlimited music with the "To Go Option". Now we can download stuff straight to our iPhones! Hooray!!

Hopefully we can listen to the downloaded music in the iPod.app instead of being limited to the napster player.

tim

My iPhone is a Part of Me tsatryan's Avatar
    Thanks

I have a Napster subscription, so I downloaded this. It immediately wants me to upgrade my current subscription to a $96 annual one. I don't think so. Immediately deleted.

My iPhone is a Part of Me coolguy742's Avatar
    Thanks

Why do this when there is an amazing little app called dTunes?

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by macsoldier View Post
    Pandora the way to go on this one.
    Did you read the post right above you? Pandora isn't even remotely the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by klouud View Post
    Been waiting for this! NICE! My wife and I use Napster for unlimited music with the "To Go Option". Now we can download stuff straight to our iPhones! Hooray!!

Hopefully we can listen to the downloaded music in the iPod.app instead of being limited to the napster player.

tim
    I doubt it. Apple doesn't let other apps integrate in that way. It probably just streams as a way around not supporting Napster to Go.

Quote Originally Posted by tsatryan View Post
    I have a Napster subscription, so I downloaded this. It immediately wants me to upgrade my current subscription to a $96 annual one. I don't think so. Immediately deleted.
    That doesn't sound right.

Quote Originally Posted by coolguy742 View Post
    Why do this when there is an amazing little app called dTunes?
    You mean the least amazing, clunky, non user-freindly app ever made? OK.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I'll just stick to pandora... If I wanna pay for an app that'll let me download or stream music I'd rather just pay a one time fee Of $9.99 for Mewseek and download all the music I want and with the option to send all my downloads to my library... Now doesn't that sound like a better way to spend $9.99

So why pay napster $9.99 monthly for something then just loose it all after... That's throwing ur money away.
    Last edited by zeroskater61; 09-21-2010 at 06:18 PM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to zeroskater61 For This Useful Post:

gotham187 (09-21-2010)

Livin the iPhone Life Happy Noodle Boy's Avatar
    Thanks

So why pay netflix $9.99 monthly then just loose it all after... That's throwing your money away.

iPhone? More like MyPhone LamboFan's Avatar
    Thanks

I think it'll just fail, really. Pandora is the best.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

For everyone saying pandora is better. Pandora is not even close to the same thing as napster. Napster plays specific songs, pandora plays random songs in the same genre of the song you picked to start with. Honestly I hate pandora I always end up skipping half the song it picks that it thinks I want to listen to. I don't want to pay for napster I just think it's kind of stupid to say pandora is better than something hardly similar to it.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to robertr1 For This Useful Post:

CZroe (09-26-2010)

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12