Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Reportedly Seeking Facial Recognition Technology

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dsg View Post
    don't they already have that kind of tech in iPhoto 09
    My thoughts exactly

My iPhone is a Part of Me politicalslug's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by paganizonda83 View Post
    My thoughts exactly
    Passively yes, actively no. This would allow a significantly less capable machine (phone vs dualcore desktop/laptop) to identify faces in realtime.
    They can have my jailbreak when they pry it from my cold dead fingers.

Tech like this already exist and it will pick your face up even with facial hair sunglasses and a hat on. Atleast csi, and las Vegas tv shows tell me so haha.

Thanks

So when Halloween rolls around and I'm dressed up like Eric Northman and need to make a phone call I'm pretty much TSOL until I pull my fangs out.

I can tell you now this won't work reliably without some serious incorporation of some
    extra hardware, not just a FaceTime type camera and a bit of software. Source = 5 years working at the uk's leading biometric facial recognition company...

I would like it more if they can design a real on screen fingerprint reader instead. Not only to start up your phone but to be able to access password protected sites and files and/or iTunes or AppStore purchases with one quick swipe of your finger.

Quote Originally Posted by suade8880 View Post
    I would like it more if they can design a real on screen fingerprint reader instead. Not only to start up your phone but to be able to access password protected sites and files and/or iTunes or AppStore purchases with one quick swipe of your finger.
    That would be freaking awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by s4boost View Post
    i agree completely... they know everyones contracts are 2 years, so why are they gonna force us to wait, unless of course AT&T decides to waive the 2 yr contract again...
    Apple nor any other company would never make a flawless device by adding everything they could possibly think into it in just one shot.

They'll all just add a feature or two on one device and save the rest for there new devices in the making..

It's just there way of making money every year...

I mean I saw and read about the FaceTime feature and iPad a little after the iPhone 3G was first released. And look how long they took to finally release the iPad and the FaceTime feature on the iPhone 4.
    Last edited by zeroskater61; 09-20-2010 at 06:18 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me thevmax's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Careful
    Quote Originally Posted by zozodouce View Post
    Can't wait to see on my next phone .
    Be careful what you ask for...
    You might get it!

Quote Originally Posted by friscosooner View Post
    So when Halloween rolls around and I'm dressed up like Eric Northman and need to make a phone call I'm pretty much TSOL until I pull my fangs out.
    Haha Trueblood is pretty awesome. To bad they ended the series extremely bad compared to how epic Russel was when he killed the newscaster.

Yea put this on the macs and leave the iphone out..

Master Themer (aka gaBzii) jokerg7's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,545 Times in 1,069 Posts

this would be an awesome feature...but it just doesnt seem practical. I'm ok with my good ol' androidLock XT

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12