+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 4 Hits China on Saturday

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
China Unicom will launch the iPhone 4 in China, officially bringing Apple's newest phone to the world's third-largest mobile provider, on Saturday, September 25 at 8 a.m. according to an
    MMi Staff Writer Paul Daniel Ash's Avatar
    Thanks

Default iPhone 4 Hits China on Saturday

China Unicom will launch the iPhone 4 in China, officially bringing Apple's newest phone to the world's third-largest mobile provider, on Saturday, September 25 at 8 a.m. according to an Apple press release today. At the same time, Apple will open two new stores, one in the Joy City shopping center in Beijing and one in the luxury Hong Kong Plaza in Shanghai.

China Unicom, the country's second-largest mobile phone operator, took nearly 50,000 pre-orders for the iPhone 4 last Friday, at prices ranging from 5,880 yuan (around $874 US) for the 16GB model to 6,999 yuan ($1,040) for the 32GB iPhone 4 including a deposit towards a two year contract (no word yet whether the phones will be available pre-jailbroken or not). Cell service contracts are not popular in China, with most users paying month to month. The need to sign a contract, along with a perception of poor call quality, is leading many users to buy unlocked iPhones on the gray market and use them on the larger China Mobile network. Apple currently sells 3GS phones unlocked in its China Apple Stores, and may do so with the iPhone 4 as well, according to a story in the Wall Street Journal's China Realtime Report.

The new stores in Beijing and Shanghai will join the two retail outlets Apple has already opened in those cities. The company plans to have 25 stores in China by the end of next year. The iPhone 4 release, coming just a week after Apple officially launched the iPad in China, is another sign of Apple's slow but steady growth in the Chinese market. Some customers lined up for several days to get an iPad, and even at the exorbitant (for most Chinese workers) price of the iPhone, it's grown to be the fifth most popular smartphone in the country, with a 7.1% share of the market as of the second quarter of this year.

China has some 420 million web users and is the world's largest mobile phone market, with more than 800 million subscribers as of the end of June, according to official government figures.

Source: AppleInsider
    Last edited by Paul Daniel Ash; 09-20-2010 at 08:20 AM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me wolverinemarky's Avatar
    Thanks

Slowly taking over the wotldv

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I'm pretty sure no one cares, but the iPhone 4 will hit Israel on Friday.

Thanks

Sweet

iPhone? More like MyPhone mmurphmsu's Avatar
    Thanks

Thats crazy how much more it is price wise than it is here. I know AT&T subsidizes it but still. They make the darn things over there so you would think they would be at least they same price as ours or a little less.
    Please hit "Thanks!" if I helped you.

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,000 Times in 564 Posts

I wish the white iPhone 4 would hit the U.S!

"Always remember your special and unique!"

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

white iPhone will prob available just before the holidays if not...its major fail lol.
    I'm MYAATT DAAAMOOON!!!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to M4tt Dam0n For This Useful Post:

Be Expressive (09-20-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Can't get an iPhone 4 in Canada without being on a waiting list I want my iPhone 4 now lol and pre jailbroken would be nice

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Apple's propaganda machine (Jobs) did not come out to give sales figure... Guess the sales is not so spectacular.