+ Reply
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Chronic Dev-Team Issues a Progress Update, Sort of

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by Halten77 I was recently on the Chronic Dev IRC asking them for tutorials on how to find exploits myself. It must be a BIG secret because they
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Halten77 View Post
    I was recently on the Chronic Dev IRC asking them for tutorials on how to find exploits myself. It must be a BIG secret because they wouldn't budge and gimme an an answer. Just said check the iPhone Wiki and that's it. And they seem like kids to me (I'm a kid too, but... Come on... No flaming) since they were making fun of me how I can't find exploits that I'm retarded and can't do such a thing as they can... Gee... Thanks for the support P0sixninja... Real helpful... FYI: I never mentioned I was a kid, they just bashed on me lol.
    Hahaha something tells me you were being flamed for asking for 'tutorials on how to find exploits', not being a kid.

Unrelated, anyone have a tutorial on hacking the IRS? Really tired of paying taxes.
    Anybody want a 32GB Mint Condition Black JB Unlocked 3GS? PM me with offers.

iPhone? More like MyPhone andygev35's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hollow0 View Post
    Nah, it'll cause apple to create an iOS 4.2 beta 2 release with the exploit patched making our jailbreak non-existent.
    If it's a hardware exploit, then there's no software update that will be able to patch it.

iPhone? More like MyPhone mikelikesanime's Avatar
    Thanks

I am so pumped up about this new Jailbreak. You Dev's are great and even though I love apple products I do not like there Jail they put you in for owning one of there products. I would not own an Iphone if it wasn't for you guys. Thank you and keep up the good work.
    I want more Anime.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Some jailbroken apps aren't even compatible with iOS4.0 yet and yet people demand a jailbreak for 4.1? Then those same people will ask why their apps aren't working on 4.1. The only reason I say that is because these articles seem like they fuel the impatience of the community. Don't feed the beast. We know people are working on a jailbreak. If they weren't, that would be newsworthy.

iPhone? More like MyPhone kingchkn's Avatar
    Thanks

Thanks for all the hard work and time put into these jailbreaks! Patiently waiting for the next one on my jailbroken 4.0.1!

OS X - excellent enough to put on phones LGgeek's Avatar
    Thanks

To all the folks saying that the exploit should be revealed (so maybe "you" can create a jail break) , are you F'ing nuts. park your egos. And don't be so dumb, if apple knows the exploit they can patch it.

The routine for creating a jail break is always the same and the Dev Team always delivers. We all get impatient but know enough to just wait.
    I don't drink kool-Aid, I don't join cults.
    This is why I break out in cold sweat going to Apple retail store.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by STM127 View Post
    Some jailbroken apps aren't even compatible with iOS4.0 yet and yet people demand a jailbreak for 4.1? Then those same people will ask why their apps aren't working on 4.1. The only reason I say that is because these articles seem like they fuel the impatience of the community. Don't feed the beast. We know people are working on a jailbreak. If they weren't, that would be newsworthy.
    4.0 was a huge change in alot of ways and changed alot of app behaviors. 4.1 and 4.2 won't be a huge change at all, that's why so many 3.x apps didn't work. Your average childish and impatient poster here doesn't understand that because people these days don't have to work for anything. They expect things to happen immediately, wish there was a section here that you had to prove that you weren't a knuckle dragger and can demonstrate the ability to do 15 seconds of google research before posting stupid questions.
    HK-Z™ on Game Center

8. The Following User Says Thank You to KartRacer For This Useful Post:

vhicke (09-20-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

The JailBreak will be ready when is out lol
    Please let them work lol

iPhone? More like MyPhone back9player's Avatar
    Thanks

thanks for the useless "news"....

are you guys bored or something?

Thanks

Ih8noobs

12. The Following User Says Thank You to SiFO For This Useful Post:

kmmxracer (09-20-2010)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I've heard about Chronic-Dev and greenpois0n many times but have never seen any tools from them.

Can someone tell me what contributions they have made to the comuinty. I seem to remember they were going to release a tool to jailbreak 3.1.x
    Is that right?
    If I helped please head on over and smash the Thanks button.

My Personal Cydia source: apt.finalbillybong.com

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jaminmc View Post
    So she is suffering on a 2g iphone. Anyways, I am feeling your pain through her, because she can't facetime me
    Holy cow man. . .

Your girl is suffering in Egypt. . . because shes on 2G??? Has anyone notified the red cross to start reliefe efforts?

Is the pain from no facetime unbareable or can you get some ibuprofen for it?

Just wondering because the pain and agony of having an iPhone and it only being on 2G has obviously caused physical pain and hardship for you. . . .

such a lame post man. . . seriously.

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nice shot View Post
    Holy cow man. . .

Your girl is suffering in Egypt. . . because shes on 2G??? Has anyone notified the red cross to start reliefe efforts?

Is the pain from no facetime unbareable or can you get some ibuprofen for it?

Just wondering because the pain and agony of having an iPhone and it only being on 2G has obviously caused physical pain and hardship for you. . . .

such a lame post man. . . seriously.
    It may have been a lame post, but you just topped it!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to mortopher For This Useful Post:

Jmataska (09-20-2010)

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

On another note, for reasons yet to be disclosed, pod2g is apparently cutting all ties with the Chronic Dev Team...

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Chronic Dev-Team Issues a Progress Update, Sort of-pod2g.png  

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I am sick of iphone, I like it BUT apple os going too far. I will try windows mobile when it is out and I hope I will like it.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

guys you really do great work! i hope that the jailbreak will be out soon so that i can use my iphone 4

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by delizaza23 View Post
    I am sick of iphone, I like it BUT apple os going too far. I will try windows mobile when it is out and I hope I will like it.
    How has Apple gone too far?? By surpassing all smart phones in history on all levels of functionality?? Apple isn't the reason for so many people (including yourself possibly) getting "upset" or "their panties in a bunge". Its so many impatient, selfish, and ridiculously pathetic jerks who are never satisfied. Sorry if this doesnt pertain to you but I know for a FACT that there is plenty of people on here that fit that discription well.
    Last edited by Jmataska; 09-20-2010 at 03:52 PM.

WRECK 'EM TECH!!! Twitter Me: Jared_Mataska
    Or Leave a Thanks...

Theme Creator
    Thanks

Jeezus...why do these jailbreak update threads always turn into bitchfests??? Folks, calm down, take a real deep breath, and...relax. These things take time. If you are that impatient, then do yourself and everyone else a favor and pass the time by dooing some research on jailbreaking. Familiarize yourself with what is involved, who is working on it, and what the status is on the apps you like and use. This will greatly improve your experience here, and ultimately, everyone else's as well. And for those of you who do already have some of those answers, please remember that you didn't always have them. You are not the grand wizard voted to pass judgment on all of those poor folks still learning. If you are not going to help someone or add to the thread in a constructive way, then please just don't post at all. You are not helping anyone, and worse, you are not helping the jailbreak community.

Now, back on topic. I could have made my own damn jailbreak by now! What the Hell is taking so long? I accidentally updated my phone and now it just stares at me all day...

iPhone? More like MyPhone brbortscheller's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by delizaza23 View Post
    It already is. I have the Motorola Q and it has windows mobile with email sms mms internet explorer, windows media player, etc.