+ Reply
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Chronic Dev-Team Issues a Progress Update, Sort of

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by gsmumbo Rofl probably because it's better than not posting it? Seriously the "I already knew, you mean you didn't?! " posts get annoying. In all fairness, this
    Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gsmumbo View Post
    Rofl probably because it's better than not posting it? Seriously the "I already knew, you mean you didn't?!" posts get annoying.
    In all fairness, this IS old news, if you want to call it news. Personally, I don't think it is news at all, let alone front page worthy news (thus my Messany comment).

Thanks

I really want to jailbreak my iPad.

Thanks

Thumbs up Beast into the wild I agree
    I agree get all the bugs out..01010

Quote Originally Posted by Wiley John Wright View Post

The jailbreak community is eagerly awaiting the arrival of the latest iOS 4.1 jailbreak. Many are wondering, when will this software be ready, and is greenpois0n really helping things along? Chronic Dev-Team, the primary developers of jailbreaking software, have issued this statement regarding their progress:

“Many people in the comments are asking for a progress update. Any kind of update that we could actually give would be too technical for anyone to understand anyway, not to mention potentially reveal the exploit. Just know that things are going swimmingly and we are working as hard as we can.”

So there you have it. They’re working as hard as they can and it will be ready, when it’s ready. I for one would rather Chronic Dev-Team take their time and get all the bugs out before they release this beast into the wild. Apple is sure to keep a close eye on Chronic Dev-Team’s progress, so any exploits that are revealed can be patched right away. Apple and the Dev-Team are sure to continue their game of cat and mouse for the foreseeable future. I know my iPhone is ready for some greenpois0n jailbreaking.

Source: Redmond Pie

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Green Poison... sounds like Kryptonite that can kill everyone..

Thanks

Ok, so I'm probably going to get flamed for asking this, but I've been busy as hell and I'm just now catching up on the last two weeks of "news" on mmi. Is this jailbreak using a different exploit then the other one (shatter)? I'm just asking because from what I understood about shatter is it's a hardware exploit that apple couldn't patch. I'm just trying to keep things straight...

flame away....

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cory View Post
    Ok, so I'm probably going to get flamed for asking this, but I've been busy as hell and I'm just now catching up on the last two weeks of "news" on mmi. Is this jailbreak using a different exploit then the other one (shatter)? I'm just asking because from what I understood about shatter is it's a hardware exploit that apple couldn't patch. I'm just trying to keep things straight...

flame away....
    You're safe, from me at least, lol. As far as I know, all of it revolves around the exploit that pod2g discovered. There hasn't really been much (if any) discussion as to why the focus was taken from SHAtter and moved to greenpois0n. It was my understanding that greenpois0n was merely a tool the Chronic team created a while back that aided in discovering/exploiting vulnerabilities, not an exploit/jailbreak itself.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to mortopher For This Useful Post:

Jmataska (09-20-2010)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,691 Times in 835 Posts

Nice. In all seriousness, I wonder how many millions of dollars Apple spends on fighting the Dev Team, and how much the Dev Team spends in comparison.

I'd like to see an article on that.

Thanks

I don't think they spend any money "fighting" the dev team. Each update they release patching an exploit (4.0.2 is a great example) does patch up a potentially dangerous hole in the iOS' security. I guess you would have to prove the true reasoning for shsh blobs and updating bootroms in order to say for certain whether or not they are spending money fighting the devteam, but there isn't concrete evidence that Apple is taking a proactive approach to fighting the jailbreaking scene.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by chris102192 View Post
    Things are going "swimmingly"?
    Couldn't have chosen a better adjective?
    Adverb

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by utahmed View Post
    Adverb
    Lol

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I think that the more people ***** and complain and press for more updates or demand release info , just makes the dev team aggravated and justkeep it's release longer. Just thank them and congratulate them on all the hard work they do

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sofaxkingxhi View Post
    I think that the more people ***** and complain and press for more updates or demand release info , just makes the dev team aggravated and justkeep it's release longer. Just thank them and congratulate them on all the hard work they do
    4 posts and you are already aware of this logic? Impresseive! Now, could you please get some of the older members of the site to grasp this concept?

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mortopher For This Useful Post:

hitman78 (09-20-2010), Jmataska (09-20-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

what ever you guys are doing.. keep it up.. i dont mind waiting.. thanx!

My iPhone is a Part of Me Halten77's Avatar
    Thanks

I was recently on the Chronic Dev IRC asking them for tutorials on how to find exploits myself. It must be a BIG secret because they wouldn't budge and gimme an an answer. Just said check the iPhone Wiki and that's it. And they seem like kids to me (I'm a kid too, but... Come on... No flaming) since they were making fun of me how I can't find exploits that I'm retarded and can't do such a thing as they can... Gee... Thanks for the support P0sixninja... Real helpful... FYI: I never mentioned I was a kid, they just bashed on me lol.
    Last edited by Halten77; 09-20-2010 at 04:08 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

One more vote for patience and gratitude.

Livin the iPhone Life javiert30's Avatar
    Thanks

It can be today or maybe in a week, this report was on the internet since september 13, it didn't happen yesterday, but thanks anyways to bring it to modmyi.
    Drive Safe with Trapster
    Speedtrap App

iPhone? More like MyPhone sandstorm77's Avatar
    Thanks

Sigh.....same song an dance every time. Just shut up and be patient. The jailbreak will come when it's ready.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Their fear to "reveal" the exploit makes me think that they are afraid someone finding it out and actually working faster then them. Haha

My iPhone is a Part of Me hollow0's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jbardi View Post
    This was posted on their blog 2 days ago, so why is this a story today? Anyone waiting for the jailbreak already knows this.

The only reason I am pointing this out is because when this post was SMSed to me, I assumed it was a newer update, but now I find it is just a "day late and a dollar short" reporting.
    Not everyone reads their blog so don't speak for everyone.

My iPhone is a Part of Me hollow0's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by boxxa View Post
    Their fear to "reveal" the exploit makes me think that they are afraid someone finding it out and actually working faster then them. Haha
    Nah, it'll cause apple to create an iOS 4.2 beta 2 release with the exploit patched making our jailbreak non-existent.