Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: GV Mobile+ Now Available in the AppStore

iPhone? More like MyPhone CaptBojank's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by brbortscheller View Post
    Maybe you should update to 4.0. There's a jailbreak for it you know.
    I've ran 4.0.x off and on since it came out (running a 3G) and I keep going back to 3.1.3 because of the performance. I tried 4.0.1 the last time for about a month with all the speed tweaks (disabling spotlight, deleting extra languages, etc.) and it still ran like garbage.

I'm holding out for a 4.1 JB, then I'll try again.
    --= Fortes fortuna adiuvat =--

Does it uses my minutes still. or is it totally off?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to trantrui85 For This Useful Post:

miatawnt2b (09-19-2010)

I think I will hold out a while and see if Google resubmits their official app. That one might do more, look better, and cost nothing to use.

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi
    "To unpathed waters, undreamed shores." -- William Shakespeare

iPhone? More like MyPhone CaptBojank's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by OsiraDad View Post
    Does it uses my minutes still. or is it totally off?
    Google voice is a call fowarding service, so yea, it still uses your minutes.

Not impressed. Takes long to dial out. The original google voice HTML website isnway faster at dialing.
    Plus if they are approving 3rd party google voice apps. The google built is not far off.

My iPhone is a Part of Me politicalslug's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by southfrisco View Post
    I think I will hold out a while and see if Google resubmits their official app. That one might do more, look better, and cost nothing to use.

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi
    I find it highly unlikely, regardless of the newly published guidelines, that Apple will allow Google's implementation of GV into the AppStore. GV Mobile+ and GV Connect are glorified web apps. Google's free version would be more akin to their Android version, and even if they implemented something akin to Skype's use of VOIP I doubt Apple would go for it.
    They can have my jailbreak when they pry it from my cold dead fingers.

It says it requires a newer iOS. Does anyone know a workaround for this by chance? I can't imagine a relatively simple app like this would "require" a newer iOS. It surely can run on 3.1.2, can't it?

i ended up buying the app because the html5 app for gv was lagging a lot and a message kept popping up saying to refresh and im on 4.1 iphone 4 and i cant downgrade so its not like i can use the free app and i primarily use it for my texting so i really needed it no real complaints since i have my gmail pushed to my phone which i use as a notification that i have a text

has anyone used gv connect? i want to know if its better than gv mobile the screen shots look better but i heard it doesnt work as well.

also i would like to add that i too dont download cracked apps. a lot of these people depend on it and 3 dollars can go a long way. If you want to "borrow" the app use the free one on cydia

Default Won't work in Canada or UK???
    When I read the details in the release it has the caveat that it won't work in Canada or Great Britain......unless you do an advanced set up.

Why won't it work off the shelf in Canada and what is the Advanced Setup required?

Unless I missed some announacement, Google Voice is a US service only. While Google Voice does allow for international calling (calling Canada is free), i think the service is still only available in the US so the "advanced setup" would be making a US account, getting a US number, then working from there? I have no idea how that would work since I don't think you can set canadian/international numbers under a GV number...

I'm a helpful jerk, fear me.

Ya I suspect you're right. I have a gv number but it's through the install on my netbook. I have used it a couple of times via wifi when calling internal in Canada and a couple of weeks ago while in the States calling back home. The reception was apparently great at the other end.

So at this point, I guess I could use it while logged into my gmail account via a wifi etc.
    Last edited by volvik; 09-20-2010 at 08:29 PM. Reason: typos

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234