+ Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 72

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: GV Mobile+ Now Available in the AppStore

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by Amadomon You, sir, are a troll. And you, maam, are a douche. S. Kovacs was up and down on twitter about how the first day would be
...
  1. #21
    My iPhone is a Part of Me politicalslug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Woodland Hills, CA + Santa Cruz, CA
    Posts
    579
    Thanks
    13
    Thanked 109 Times in 73 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Amadomon View Post
    You, sir, are a troll.
    And you, maam, are a douche. S. Kovacs was up and down on twitter about how the first day would be free. Now his app only has negative reviews in the appstore and he wants to rescind his promise of it being free. That's messed up.
    They can have my jailbreak when they pry it from my cold dead fingers.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to politicalslug For This Useful Post:

    MaxRabbit (09-19-2010)

  3. #22
    iPhone? More like MyPhone DayumQuitPlayin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Fayetteville, NC
    Posts
    195
    Thanks
    20
    Thanked 37 Times in 21 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Amadomon View Post
    You, sir, are a troll.
    I'm a troll because I don't want to spend all day on Twitter waiting for him to give me info on when his app will be free for those who had already paid twice before for his app?

    I don't like Devs who aren't consistent with what they tell us (the customer). I don't want to pay a third time for an app I already paid before, simple. You may want to look up the definition of what a troll is btw

  4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DayumQuitPlayin For This Useful Post:

    dirtygermankid (09-18-2010), MaxRabbit (09-19-2010)

  5. #23
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    32
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Still not there in the US store.

  6. #24
    My iPhone is a Part of Me Rob2G's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    Posts
    604
    Thanks
    138
    Thanked 145 Times in 75 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by madczech View Post
    Please don't refer to piracy in this forum!
    Ban the pirate. Set an example.

  7. #25
    My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    New Orleans, LA
    Posts
    950
    Thanks
    56
    Thanked 81 Times in 64 Posts

    Does it have push notifications? GV Connect is great, except it doesn't have notifications when I exit the app. Might as well text in Safari.
    Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?

    If I helped you, be sure to press the Thanks! button over there ->
    If I didn't, press it anyway.

  8. #26
    Retired Moderator StealthBravo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    TX  Follow me @StealthBravo
    Posts
    32,478
    Thanks
    44
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by DayumQuitPlayin View Post
    I'm a troll because I don't want to spend all day on Twitter waiting for him to give me info on when his app will be free for those who had already paid twice before for his app?

    I don't like Devs who aren't consistent with what they tell us (the customer). I don't want to pay a third time for an app I already paid before, simple. You may want to look up the definition of what a troll is btw
    I hear you. I bought it in the App Store and then again in Cydia. Now it looks like I will buy it again in the App Store. Can't wait for it to get yanked again from the App Store and then rereleased as GV Mobile+ Pro on Cydia for my fourth payment.

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to StealthBravo For This Useful Post:

    dirtygermankid (09-18-2010)

  10. #27
    Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    In Michigan And Florida
    Posts
    6,532
    Thanks
    3,595
    Thanked 1,003 Times in 565 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    Great, I can buy this app for the third time
    lol I hate that when that happens! Been there did that!

    "Always remember your special and unique!"

  11. #28
    My iPhone is a Part of Me hollow0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Tampa, FL
    Posts
    671
    Thanks
    49
    Thanked 49 Times in 39 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    I hear you. I bought it in the App Store and then again in Cydia. Now it looks like I will buy it again in the App Store. Can't wait for it to get yanked again from the App Store and then rereleased as GV Mobile+ Pro on Cydia for my fourth payment.
    Cydia had both the regular version and + version. How do you pay for an app twice? lol sounds foolish to me. What is the difference between the free regular version and the + version?

  12. #29
    Retired Moderator StealthBravo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    TX  Follow me @StealthBravo
    Posts
    32,478
    Thanks
    44
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by hollow0 View Post
    Cydia had both the regular version and + version. How do you pay for an app twice? lol sounds foolish to me. What is the difference between the free regular version and the + version?
    I bought the app store version and then the one in cydia because the app store one was yanked. So I had to get the cydia one for version updates.

  13. #30
    Developing Developer moon#pie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    5,215
    Thanks
    781
    Thanked 372 Times in 307 Posts

    I would ALMOST (key word here) pirate this app due to this dev being a jerk.


    Twitter: @tshoults

  14. #31
    Retired Moderator StealthBravo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    TX  Follow me @StealthBravo
    Posts
    32,478
    Thanks
    44
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

    I am not saying that. I dont know the guy. What makes you say that?

  15. #32
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    3
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Hey if it's an open source that you can download as well why not get it for free, these apps are over priced anyway and my phone should do what I want it to do whether I pay for that app or not it's really up to the individual. Did you jb your phone before July? If so you broke rules that dealt with apple. Not a big deal anymore but it's still under your warranty void if you did. So yes I will tweak my phone with any app that has it and I'd eater not pay for it.

  16. #33
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Richmond, Virginia
    Posts
    162
    Thanks
    13
    Thanked 17 Times in 16 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by €hR!$ View Post
    Does it have push notifications? GV Connect is great, except it doesn't have notifications when I exit the app. Might as well text in Safari.
    He's site says push is planned so I don't think this release will have it.

  17. #34
    iPhoneaholic Amadomon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    417
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 38 Times in 34 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by politicalslug View Post
    And you, maam, are a douche. S. Kovacs was up and down on twitter about how the first day would be free. Now his app only has negative reviews in the appstore and he wants to rescind his promise of it being free. That's messed up.
    http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll?wasRedirected=true

    I'm well aware of the more modern definition.

    To my point: do you have the app? The free version is still on Cydia- no waiting necessary. If you've bought a paid version of it, just keep using it to call your troll friends.

    I highly doubt the reviews in the app store are negative, since it isn't available yet for most of us. It sucks for people like Stealth who have paid for it already, but the blame for this one lies with Apple, not the dev.
    Quaerite et invenietis.

  18. #35
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Riviera's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    141
    Thanks
    22
    Thanked 14 Times in 9 Posts

    It just hit the US Apple Store. Sean has some codes you can use to get it for free. Get them while you can

  19. #36
    "iDoThis" Alpha xxfr0stbytexx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    *̡͌l̡*|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲
    Posts
    971
    Thanks
    265
    Thanked 531 Times in 356 Posts

    Just hit the store!
    If I helped you in any way slap that thanks button

    Subscribe to me on YouTube
    Follow me on Twitter

  20. #37
    iPhoneaholic A_DuB187's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Shreveport, LA
    Posts
    436
    Thanks
    13
    Thanked 21 Times in 21 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by ATomasi View Post
    Hey if it's an open source that you can download as well why not get it for free, these apps are over priced anyway and my phone should do what I want it to do whether I pay for that app or not it's really up to the individual. Did you jb your phone before July? If so you broke rules that dealt with apple. Not a big deal anymore but it's still under your warranty void if you did. So yes I will tweak my phone with any app that has it and I'd eater not pay for it.
    I see a flame war coming.... :/

  21. #38
    iPhone? More like MyPhone CaptBojank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    145
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 16 Times in 11 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Riviera View Post
    It just hit the US Apple Store. Sean has some codes you can use to get it for free. Get them while you can
    It's not showing up on my end yet. How do we contact him?

    EDIT: It is now!
    Last edited by CaptBojank; 09-18-2010 at 09:57 PM.
    --= Fortes fortuna adiuvat =--

  22. #39
    iPhoneaholic A_DuB187's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Shreveport, LA
    Posts
    436
    Thanks
    13
    Thanked 21 Times in 21 Posts

    Yeah I'm not seeing it either

    Edit: still nothing for me.

  23. #40
    iPhone? More like MyPhone CaptBojank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    145
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 16 Times in 11 Posts

    Codes are on his twitter page; all used up... Ah well..

    Sean Kovacs (seankovacs) on Twitter
    --= Fortes fortuna adiuvat =--

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts