+ Reply
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: AppStore Developers Feel the Heat : Hackers Find Exploit in 4.x Without Jailbreak

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Lots of people ara aware of lots of things - it doesn't mean that someone, who is selling something that is almost certainly illegal, should be given publicity.
    Thanks

Lots of people ara aware of lots of things - it doesn't mean that someone, who is selling something that is almost certainly illegal, should be given publicity.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Thanks
    Well I'm pretty sure that IPA God wil get cracked; pretty much every app on cydia has a cracked version if you look hard enough...of course you should just pay for them, to support developers

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kp10708 View Post
    Well I'm pretty sure that IPA God wil get cracked; pretty much every app on cydia has a cracked version if you look hard enough...of course you should just pay for them, to support developers
    Not too sure about that. From what I read about this the developer said once you pay it registers your UDID. So the only way the "crack" it would be if one person buys it and then lists his UDID and everyone else uses a UDID faker (theres one in cydia) to make their UDID the same

not that Im encouraging that sort of thing Im just letting you guys know that the a$$hole dev of this is trying to take steps against people pirating his app lol. irony right?
    Last edited by SnowLeo; 09-19-2010 at 07:16 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

I don't own an iPad, but doesn't a "stock" iPad dock only have 4 icons in it? His has five....anyone else notice this???

Thanks

Useless apps. I hope someone buy this.

iPhone? More like MyPhone wrecked77's Avatar
    Thanks

Unbeleiveable. Some people don't deserve to use an idevice

My iPhone is a Part of Me ddonuts4's Avatar
    Thanks

Couldn't this be used to install cydia, therefore jailbreaking your phone?
    If i helped, don't be afraid to hit the thanks button. It won't bite!!!!

How may I hack you?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SnowLeo View Post
    Not too sure about that. From what I read about this the developer said once you pay it registers your UDID. So the only way the "crack" it would be if one person buys it and then lists his UDID and everyone else uses a UDID faker (theres one in cydia) to make their UDID the same

not that Im encouraging that sort of thing Im just letting you guys know that the a$$hole dev of this is trying to take steps against people pirating his app lol. irony right?
    Its not able to be cracked and the dev (if he can even be called that) isnt taking steps to not have it cracked that is just the way it is implimented. He uses a dev account to do it. You have to register your udid with the dev when they have a dev account. This will get shut down by apple. And i agree with disenchanted the one good thing about this is it seperates pirates from jailbreaking.

Quote Originally Posted by ddonuts4 View Post
    Couldn't this be used to install cydia, therefore jailbreaking your phone?
    No cydia cant be installed using this app.
    Last edited by Ngmead; 09-19-2010 at 09:14 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    No. Because it doesn't gain root access as a jailbreak requires. I assume it's similar to the ios sdk in the way it installs beta applications.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Lol i got called a ***** for talking about this on the forum. now there is news about it. funny.
    Nothing beats the iPhone.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

[QUOTE=ikkviper;5464059]I don't own an iPad, but doesn't a "stock" iPad dock only have 4 icons in it? His has five....anyone else notice this??? Probably has infindock

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

can they save this exploit for a jialbreak it would be better then just ipa

iPhone? More like MyPhone andygev35's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iphone11 View Post
    can they save this exploit for a jialbreak it would be better then just ipa
    This really isn't an exploit... This method of installing apps is built into the SDK so Devs can get beta testers to install their beta apps on their devices without iTunes. Apple will likely shut down this dev account and prosecute, which they should!!

My iPhone is a Part of Me wolverinemarky's Avatar
    Thanks

this is crap i hope no one gives this guy a dime

Developer
    Thanks

This guy is doing nothing more than selling a UDID slot from his developer account in Apple. Considering it's 100 UDIDs for $100 for one year, he's hoping to make $1900 off of one account.

Before any of you guys sign up for this scheme, you need to be aware that the provisioning profiles no longer last a whole year - they last 3 months at best nowadays, and then you have to install another provisioning profile. Add to that Apple will figure out about this, and you've essentially wasted $20 on this guy's get rich quick scheme.

Side note: this kind of stuff has been going on for a while. I fail to see how this is considered "new news".

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

apparently they are selling the source code for a minimum of $1,000

iPA God - Source Code For Sale! - iModZone Forums

iPhone? More like MyPhone HeavyD4's Avatar
    Thanks

Thats the problem with this country everyone ruins a good thing with greed, i used to love my iphone 90% 4 tweaks n modz n a few apps n it was fun now im sick of all the greedy scumbags that are ruining the fun 4 everyone else.Assholes get mad at developers becsuse they take to long or if they ask for some money,that takes ballz u sit on ur *** and xpect other people to do for u with nothing in return,then we have stupid hackers cracking apps to make money of another persons hard work. Im getting sick of greedy fucks,im better off with a beeper.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyD4 View Post
    Thats the problem with this country everyone ruins a good thing with greed, i used to love my iphone 90% 4 tweaks n modz n a few apps n it was fun now im sick of all the greedy scumbags that are ruining the fun 4 everyone else.Assholes get mad at developers becsuse they take to long or if they ask for some money,that takes ballz u sit on ur *** and xpect other people to do for u with nothing in return,then we have stupid hackers cracking apps to make money of another persons hard work. Im getting sick of greedy fucks,im better off with a beeper.
    Pretty much.
    You might want to think about moving somewhere that greed is not a factor.

UNITED NATIONS Iran's president on Tuesday predicted the defeat of capitalism and blamed global big business for the suffering of millions.

iPhone? More like MyPhone HeavyD4's Avatar
    Thanks

You have a gr8 point there,that was frustration speaking,it's just getting so annoying all the B.S.! Im just gonna save my change n use a pay phone,like I said b4 it's just no fun any more

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyD4 View Post
    You have a gr8 point there,that was frustration speaking,it's just getting so annoying all the B.S.! Im just gonna save my change n use a pay phone,like I said b4 it's just no fun any more
    Put your money where your mouth is. I will send you ten rolls of quarters and ten rolls of dimes for your iphone. I don't care if it is a 2nd gen or 3rd Gen.

I do not condone piracy, so it stays off of my iphone and computer.
    If I need it, i buy it. I put out the cash for an iphone and will honor the people who made the software for cool cydia OR apple apps. If everyone did their OWN part to keep piracy to a minimum, it would not happen.
    There are too many people who want something cool for nothing.
    sad
    unklbyl