+ Reply
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: AppStore Developers Feel the Heat : Hackers Find Exploit in 4.x Without Jailbreak

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Apple can't really close this hole or method. Remember when the U.S. Military created an app that will never be on the app store? This method is for that purpose
    Thanks
    Apple can't really close this hole or method. Remember when the U.S. Military created an app that will never be on the app store? This method is for that purpose and any other company with legitimate proprietary applications to run on company iphones. I don't know about your run of the mill company iPhones, but the military certainly won't be registering udid's with apple. That would be a security flaw and the army ain't having that. Given this method will be abused, it won't be closed. Smarten up folks.
    Last edited by Count Tracula; 09-18-2010 at 06:04 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SnowLeo View Post
    You guys do realize the vid showed an ipad WITH GAMECENTER so its quite obviius what firmware its on. So could this same exploist be used for Jailbreak
    Chpwn confirmed on twitter that it can't be used for jailbreaking. That would be nice, but isn't going to happen unfortuanatly.

On another note its kind of funny that apple and some developers claimed that jailbreaking was the cause of all this piracy. And now we have this where you dont even need a jailbreak. Its stupid not to support the devs anyways. Lets just crack everything and kill the iphone cause no one wants to develop for it anymore. (sarcasm, by the way). I doubt that would ever happen, but it could.
    Last edited by Ngmead; 09-18-2010 at 06:07 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me politicalslug's Avatar
    Thanks

the funny part is that these pirates are going to be pirated and no one will pay a dime for this tool.
    They can have my jailbreak when they pry it from my cold dead fingers.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by politicalslug View Post
    the funny part is that these pirates are going to be pirated and no one will pay a dime for this tool.
    Cdevwill (chronic dev team) says that because the way its implemented it cant be cracked. Would serve them right if it was though.

iPhone? More like MyPhone andygev35's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ngmead View Post
    Cdevwill (chronic dev team) says that because the way its implemented it cant be cracked. Would serve them right if it was though.
    Is Cdevwill part of the Chronic Dev Team??

Quote from Chronic Dev Blog:

"Update 3: Just to help cut down on speculation, here is a list of some of our Twitters, any info read on them about the jailbreak will be legitimate:
    - chronic
    - chronicdevteam
    - pod2g
    - posixninja
    - MuscleNerd
    - OPK
    - saurik
    - semaphore
    - AriX

(might have missed a few, if I did them they will be added later, so be sure to check back if you aren’t already doing so)"

Maybe he is, just wanting clarification I guess...

EDIT:
    Nevermind... Just found out for myself that he is a CDT member... Hence "Cdev"will... Pardon the momentary lapse of seeing the obvious

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by andygev35 View Post
    Is Cdevwill part of the Chronic Dev Team??

Quote from Chronic Dev Blog:

"Update 3: Just to help cut down on speculation, here is a list of some of our Twitters, any info read on them about the jailbreak will be legitimate:
    - chronic
    - chronicdevteam
    - pod2g
    - posixninja
    - MuscleNerd
    - OPK
    - saurik
    - semaphore
    - AriX

(might have missed a few, if I did them they will be added later, so be sure to check back if you aren’t already doing so)"

Maybe he is, just wanting clarification I guess...

EDIT:
    Nevermind... Just found out for myself that he is a CDT member... Hence "Cdev"will... Pardon the momentary lapse of seeing the obvious
    Lol yeah he's actually the one that post the updates on there. Just to clarify cdevwill is his twitter name. He is Chronic on the blog list.
    Last edited by Ngmead; 09-18-2010 at 07:29 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I call it a complete bullshite. People who do not JB won't bother with this, they don't care for pirated apps. People who do JB don't need to pay anything to install pirated stuff, they can install anything they want for free. Utterly complete waste of bandwith. Sensationalism at its worse or just a slow news day.

Thanks

damn this sucks!

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bobright View Post
    modmyi is condoning piracy now
    MMI has always been against piracy and always will be!

"Always remember your special and unique!"

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

I like how people are up in arms about this. It isn't like you couldn't ALWAYS just jailbreak and pirate away. The jailbreak solution is free too. Why would you pay for this so you can steal apps when you can just steal apps in the first place?

Quote Originally Posted by Aliquippakid View Post
    I probably never would have heard of this if it wasn't for this post. This is kinda publicizing it. Pointless to talk about something that is not approved of.
    Technically jailbreaking isn't "approved of" depending on who you talk to... This is actually news about something happening in the iOS community. Why NOT report it? That is the point of news. You know, to inform you of things you otherwise would not have known about?
    Last edited by sziklassy; 09-18-2010 at 08:16 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

iPhone? More like MyPhone xxhorseriderxxx's Avatar
    Thanks

Yeah! Woot!

Coming from a dev that works for free, this is a massive F U to all the greedy devs. Haha, I hope this says around for a long time lol.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I can't believe the have the nerve to sell the app. Lmao

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

The only reason I'd use this is to get iMovie on my 3GS and iPad. I already bought it so it's technically not piracy. Right?

iPhone? More like MyPhone DisneyRicky's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by macfan406 View Post
    The only reason I'd use this is to get iMovie on my 3GS and iPad. I already bought it so it's technically not piracy. Right?
    You can get iMovie for cheaper! xD
    My Devices:

iPod Touch 4g 4.1 - Jailbroken
    iPad 4.2.1 - Jailbroken

Thanks

Least this is separating piracy from jailbreaking, so many people outside the community assume you jailbreak to pirate apps, not true... To charge for it though, piss take.
    I have Kleptomania, when it gets bad I take something for it...

Thanks

Someone needs to post an update for the "how 2 f417br34k" article, as these guys have clearly taken f417br34k1n9 to a whole new level.

Huzzah!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi all,

This is my first post so please gental

I say devs put your money where you mouth is, if you truly have an app that's worth paying for, offer a light version, simple. People will buy if it's worth having.

I know a lot of devs already offer light versions of their apps but apple should offer a try before you buy as it would limit these poor children from wasting there pocket money on c**p
    Last edited by thetoothfairy; 09-19-2010 at 10:49 AM. Reason: blah

Thanks

omg this is the greatest tragedy ever
    When the police want to know where someone is, they ask apple.

Thanks

It has got a lot of publicity - and needs it if they are going to sell it as it will be shut very soon.
    I am surprised MMi gave it publicity.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I'm sure people like comex and such have been aware of this for ages. I remember one of them tweeter a while back saying that there were methods out there to install cracked apps without rooting your device