Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Google Voice Returns: App Store Approval Begins

What if I already have GV from Cydia?
    Do I have to pay for the app now or can I still use the one from Cydia?

What I'd like to see is a Cydia app which integrates VoIP into the phone app itself. It would always be running that way, without any need to use backgrounder.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Wingman13 For This Useful Post:

The Maestro (09-18-2010)

Quote Originally Posted by Ins0mniac View Post
    Can you please learn the difference between "your" and "you're"? I enjoy getting my news from ModMyi, but its a regular occurrence to see such poor grammar. It reflects very poorly on "your" site.
    You could have easily handled this in a private message. No need to bust his balls in the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkDragonAn View Post
    i wish i can make calls from the 3G network not calling my phone and then the other person.
    The black swan web app allows this, it's called direct dialing. It is also great when u pair it up with the perfect browser app so that u can background it with save state.

Quote Originally Posted by politicalslug View Post
    Garbage. It's no more useful than the web app. You can't receive calls. That's a waste. The only way to make this more useful than the web app is to utilize the backgrounding VOIP processes like Skype. Without that this thing is a waste of money.
    I'm not sure you get what Google Voice is.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Riviera's Avatar
    Thanks

Sean Kovac's tweeted this morning: "T minus ... soon".

I'm excited.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Does this work over WiFi?
    Nothing beats the iPhone.

LOL. its not a VoiP service people, please go to the google voice site and educate yourself on what it is first before you start bashing the app.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 730 Posts

This app works better than Sean's did. His crashed on history loading, this one works flawlessly.
    Screw #Winning, I'm #Juanning
    iMac 27" i5 quad 2.8Ghz (1TB), MacBook Pro 17" 2.6, iPhone 4s

GV Connect for 4.99$, Not worth the cash. I rather use Skype.

Quote Originally Posted by MindGem View Post
    GV Connect for 4.99$, Not worth the cash. I rather use Skype.
    I think you might be missing what google voice is. Its not voip.

My iPhone is a Part of Me politicalslug's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Noodle Boy View Post
    I'm not sure you get what Google Voice is.
    I get what it is. I've had it for two years. How is this app any better than the web app? It's not. It's three dollars for less features.

Quote Originally Posted by h2a View Post
    I think you might be missing what google voice is. Its not voip.
    Google voice is a great many things. One of those things is VOIP. You obviously haven't the slightest clue what you're talking about. Just because the Android implementation forces you to use your minutes while using Google Voice doesn't change the fact that it's a VOIP solution to replace your other telephony methods.
    Last edited by politicalslug; 09-18-2010 at 01:33 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    They can have my jailbreak when they pry it from my cold dead fingers.

It's a good thing a mod deleted my comment. I mean, it must be pretty offensive to hear me say that I cannot find the app. I guess I'm not allowed to contribute. Sweet, mods.

Found it in appstore Bought it! love it!
    Failure is not an option - iNyuke Dont be afraid to press the Thanks button! >>>>>>>>>>

iPhone? More like MyPhone Ins0mniac's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by andyharp View Post
    You could have easily handled this in a private message. No need to bust his balls in the forum.
    Fair call. You're probably right. I apologise.

Quote Originally Posted by politicalslug View Post
    I get what it is. I've had it for two years. How is this app any better than the web app? It's not. It's three dollars for less features.

Google voice is a great many things. One of those things is VOIP. You obviously haven't the slightest clue what you're talking about. Just because the Android implementation forces you to use your minutes while using Google Voice doesn't change the fact that it's a VOIP solution to replace your other telephony methods.
    Google Voice redirects calls to your personal lines (work/office/cell) from one number (your GV number). At its core, it's not intended to be a VOIP service, it's a hub for all your communications under one number that can reach all.

It very recently added VOIP to gmail and that's it. You can't even call initiate VOIP calls from Google Voice itself, just gmail.

Sooooo you're still wrong.

I'm a helpful jerk, fear me.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 730 Posts

This is by far the better of the two GV apps, but not being able to stay signed in after exiting the app is annoying... very annoying. If it would just reconnect when I kick the app up without having to sign in.... or at very least remember my login info... that'd be perfect.
    Screw #Winning, I'm #Juanning
    iMac 27" i5 quad 2.8Ghz (1TB), MacBook Pro 17" 2.6, iPhone 4s

Quote Originally Posted by one1 View Post
    This is by far the better of the two GV apps, but not being able to stay signed in after exiting the app is annoying... very annoying. If it would just reconnect when I kick the app up without having to sign in.... or at very least remember my login info... that'd be perfect.
    Which one is better? I see GV Connect and GV Mobile +, both for $2.99.

Now Official Google Voice is on Itune from Google.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12