+ Reply
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iOS 4.2 Packs Even More New Features for iPhone

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
how do you update? I keep getting baseband error in xcode organizer. updated everything including the Mac OSX 10.6.5 and xcode 3.2.5! I dont know what the H*** is wrong
    Thanks

how do you update? I keep getting baseband error in xcode organizer. updated everything including the Mac OSX 10.6.5 and xcode 3.2.5! I dont know what the H*** is wrong with it. Its and iPhone 4 non jailbroken.

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

You must have your UUID registered with a Dev account and you must be on the latest beta build of OSX also I think.

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    You must have your UUID registered with a Dev account and you must be on the latest beta build of OSX also I think.

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi
    I do have registered UDID, I have everything up to date. It restores like 70% and at basement update either 1013 error of basement error.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wolverinemarky View Post
    u know a feature that i have wanted since forever is the ability to create picture albums on my phone and move pictures in and out of those albums with just my phone and not waste time with itunes and syncing bs. but the custom and individual sms tones feature is another one i have been waiting for
    Same here! That would be a big plus. You might take a look at PhoneDisk. That does what you want.

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by darth2499 View Post
    I do have registered UDID, I have everything up to date. It restores like 70% and at basement update either 1013 error of basement error.
    Hosts file still pointing to Saurik? Make sure it's directing it to apple.

My iPhone is a Part of Me wolverinemarky's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SoopaNutz View Post
    Same here! That would be a big plus. You might take a look at PhoneDisk. That does what you want.
    not much of a differece then really using itunes, i was trying to avoid using the computer all want to do it all on the phone itself

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by paganizonda83 View Post
    Hosts file still pointing to Saurik? Make sure it's directing it to apple.
    did you update to 4.2? if so can you upload your host file...

Thanks

I only updated my iPad to 4.2. I use MyWi on my iPhone way too much to lose the jailbreak on it. I'm also trying to keep my baseband at 1.59.00 for as long as possible or until they release a newer baseband unlock for resale value.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by paganizonda83 View Post
    It's my understanding that ToneFX just changes the SMS sound universally, correct?

In the 4.2 beta you can change the SMS sound on a per contact basis. Essentially you could have one sound for business contacts, one for family, one for friends, etc. I believe Kart was wondering if you will be able to load custom tones for contacts and be able to expand on the 6(?) tones that come stock with 4.2.
    Yeah that's what I meant. I already have replacements for the stock sounds. I want to know if they will give us the option to make our own, or will Apple do what it always does. Decide the customer should have to use what they deem adequate for tones and give us 6 tones to use. Apple is a joke when it comes to making something personal, I can't understand what kind of idiocy is running around Apple that made them think 6 tones for the iPhone was a good idea, FOR FOUR FRICKIN YEARS. That's some grade a stupidity there, no excuse for that crap.
    HK-Z on Game Center

Thanks

I have a feeling that we're going to have to wait for a dev to find a way to add additional tones to the list. Lame as always.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Lightbulb HOW TO FIND A WORD IN SAFARI iOS
    Even without jailbreaking, there is an easy way to find a specific word in Safari on iOS. Simply add the following to your bookmarks on your iDevice:

First, copy the JavaScript below. Then just go to any website and save it as a Bookmark. Then go to your Bookmarks and find the Bookmark that you just saved and change its name to Find. Then in the box below the name click the x to delete the web address. After youve deleted the address just paste in the javascript that you copied from below. Then save it. I moved my Find to the top of my Bookmarks for easy access. This should work for any JavaScript Bookmarklet that you should come across. Good luck!

Code:
    javascript:void%28s%3Dprompt%28%27Find%20text%3A%27%2C%27%27%29%29%3Bs%3D%27%28%27+s+%27%29%27%3Bx%3Dnew%20RegExp%28s%2C%27gi%27%29%3Brn%3DMath.floor%28Math.random%28%29*100%29%3Brid%3D%27z%27%20+%20rn%3Bb%20%3D%20document.body.innerHTML%3Bb%3Db.replace%28x%2C%27%3Cspan%20name%3D%27%20+%20rid%20+%20%27%20id%3D%27%20+%20rid%20+%20%27%20style%3D%5C%27color%3A%23000%3Bbackground-color%3Ayellow%3B%20font-weight%3Abold%3B%5C%27%3E%241%3C/span%3E%27%29%3Bvoid%28document.body.innerHTML%3Db%29%3Balert%28%27Found%20%27%20+%20document.getElementsByName%28rid%29.length%20+%20%27%20matches.%27%29%3Bwindow.scrollTo%280%2Cdocument.getElementsByName%28rid%29%5B0%5D.offsetTop%29%3B
    Courtesy of the following site:
    17 powerful bookmarklets for your iPhone

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shmootz For This Useful Post:

raduga (09-17-2010), TTBoy2 (09-18-2010)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by that_girl View Post
    I'm asking if I update to 4.2, will I miss out on gamecenter and the proximity sensor fix that is featured in the 4.1 update?
    You might.

The odds are against it.
    Apple usually adds new features, they rarely take old stuff away.
    But they MIGHT remove gamecenter, and they might revert back to the old proximity sensor behavior.
    4.2_final isn't out yet. We won't really know for sure what it will or won't have until it's released.

OTOH, this guy probably knows. Send him an email?
    And let us know what he says?

[email protected]

14. The Following User Says Thank You to raduga For This Useful Post:

that_girl (09-17-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

How about landscape Maps with Suggestions?
    Johnny
    iPhone 4 (7/15/10)
    iPhone 3G (7/11/08 - 7/1/10)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default So it's just the 6 basic SMS tones customizable per contact?
    Read through 7 pages and don't feel like I got a solid answer. Can someone please CONFIRM that 4.2 does not allow any other tones besides the default 6 SMS tones to be assignable to contacts?

That is majorly lame if so. I'd say custom SMS ringtones is a top 5 reason why I JB. Peter Griffin laughing every time I get a text always puts a smile on my face.

As for why Apple has done it...probably some narcissistic crap where they know if one of those 6 goes off everyone around knows it's an iPhone. Branding. *******

Green Apple
    Thanks

Yep still stuck with the basic 6 tones.
    I agree WTF. Why can't he unleash this amazing phone so it will do what crappy phones do?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mestapho View Post
    Yep still stuck with the basic 6 tones.
    I agree WTF. Why can't he unleash this amazing phone so it will do what crappy phones do?
    battery life duh

Green Apple
    Thanks

Can i attach a file when sending email with cocoanuts's attachment saver?

Quote Originally Posted by novadam View Post
    http://snapplr.com/v1v9

Follow cocoanutapps on twitter.

actionmenu has a find in page feature.

Can you attach a file when sending an email or just save a file from an incoming email?
    Last edited by rolandgabor; 09-18-2010 at 01:20 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bradda View Post
    What about some new options in the message app like a cancel button when you accidentally send a message to the wrong person or you made a mistake on the wordings you have made, also a timer to send a pre text for later sending...

Use bitesms. Best messaging app ever

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rolandgabor View Post
    Can i attach a file when sending email with cocoanuts's attachment saver?

Can you attach a file when sending an email or just save a file from an incoming email?
    Celeste appears to be Bluetooth file transfer.

As far as emailing files, doesn't iFile do that?

Thanks

Nick, please learn the difference between your and you're. I've noticed it in most of your posts.