+ Reply
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iOS 4.2 Packs Even More New Features for iPhone

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by sobeniceguy2 ok if it was an update for bug fixes I'd think about it. More feature? Nah, I get with Cydia apps already. Looks like I'll be
    Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sobeniceguy2 View Post
    ok if it was an update for bug fixes I'd think about it. More feature? Nah, I get with Cydia apps already. Looks like I'll be on 4.0 until 5.0 lol.
    There will be bug fixes included, that just isn't a huge announcement that most people would read articles about.

Now, as far as features that you get with Cydia apps already, in case you haven't noticed, Apple does a pretty awesome job of implementing things once they finally realize the need for such things. On top of that, performance will typically be better with the native feature than with the mobile substrate alternative (there are a couple of exceptions).

iPhone? More like MyPhone McMichael96's Avatar
    Thanks

Well if that ShaTTer jailbreak ever gets released, anyone that has an iPhone/iPod touch 4 or an iPad will be able to jailbreak. (jailbreak4life!!! As long as apple leaves the bootrom alone which we all know they won't...)

Sent from my iPhone 4 via Modmyi

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hey what about Private Appointments in the calendar?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by that_girl View Post
    Will someone please answer my question?
    We're having trouble answering your question, because we're not sure what you what you wanted to know.

Are you asking if 4.2 includes all the new additions and fixes that came with 4.1? probably. Its an unreleased product so only Apple would know for sure.

Are you asking if the JB 4.2 will miss any features present in stock 4.2? Or stock 4.1? Or JB 4.1? Probably not, but these are all unreleased products so nobody knows for sure.

Are you asking if stock 4.2 will change to a different feature set after the JB comes out? I can't imagine why it would.

Were you asking something else entirely?

Maybe you should try asking again.
    Repetition helps.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by reanimationxp View Post
    L2 3GUnrestrictor..
    That helps but the YouTube app doesn't find all the videos. The mobile site does.
    HK-Z™ on Game Center

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I'm asking if I update to 4.2, will I miss out on gamecenter and the proximity sensor fix that is featured in the 4.1 update?

My iPhone is a Part of Me hollow0's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wolverinemarky View Post
    u know a feature that i have wanted since forever is the ability to create picture albums on my phone and move pictures in and out of those albums with just my phone and not waste time with itunes and syncing bs. but the custom and individual sms tones feature is another one i have been waiting for
    YESSS OMG! I was just nagging about that missing feature yesterday. I reluctantly used iTunes and iPhoto to create albums and it was so crippling. And even after you've created the album and synced to your phone you can't even delete any pictures. You'll need iTunes to do that. The need to create photo albums on the iDevice is a must. iPhone/iPod should be the primary tool for creating such things.Can someone please create a jailbreak utility/app to allow us to do so? Please?

Quote Originally Posted by that_girl View Post
    I'm asking if I update to 4.2, will I miss out on gamecenter and the proximity sensor fix that is featured in the 4.1 update?
    You won't miss out. It's all part of it. 4.2 is just added features on top of what was already there in 4.1
    Last edited by hollow0; 09-17-2010 at 12:56 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

8. The Following User Says Thank You to hollow0 For This Useful Post:

that_girl (09-17-2010)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks
    I really wish they would update the youtube app to support a little better resolution for the iphone 4. The videos look terrible on the cellular network.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rhekt View Post
    /really/ why? put a password on your lock. bingo bango/solved
    Nosey *** people always reading my text messages.

and nahhh i dont wanna Jailbreak
    EDM

Thanks
    Thanked 2,196 Times in 1,919 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gotjpeg View Post
    I really wish they would update the youtube app to support a little better resolution for the iphone 4. The videos look terrible on the cellular network.
    +1^ the retina display really makes those non-HD videos look crappier than they did on my 3G.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Lockinfo, status bar notifications, in app sms are still missing.....Apple is a joke
    no spam

Livin the iPhone Life BenderRodriguez's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zeal View Post
    Nosey *** people always reading my text messages.

and nahhh i dont wanna Jailbreak
    Go to Settings, Messages, turn OFF Show Preview
    Please thank me if I helped

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Please give me the ability to place a password on my SMS and Photos -_-
    if you are jailbroken on 4.0.1 you can download Locktopus, you can lock any app you like

Green Apple
    Thanks
    I feel the need to address what I expect Apple to add before I update the iOS: smileys (regular ones for all mobiles) and a little more like BiteSMS is; better shortcuts for location service and 3G; and also wifi hotspot tethering! It should be our choice, not our providers, how to use our dataplan!
    Thanx for reading.
    Turimblar

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Please give me the ability to place a password on my SMS and Photos -_-

Lockdown app on Cydia allows you to password protect any app.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rolandgabor View Post
    How about email attachment?
    How about Bluetooth file transfer?
    I agree

18. The Following User Says Thank You to jhtapia For This Useful Post:

rolandgabor (09-18-2010)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KartRacer View Post
    That's the thing though, I and probably many others have no interest in that. Are we going to be able to make our own? Unless we can make any tone we want and any number we want it's a worthless feature. We've had 3 hardware changes and 4 os versions and every iPhone owner has the same text tones. I can't understand why Apple didn't make this a feature of the OS from the beginning. Thanks for the heads up!
    Jailbreak and use tonefxs. Create your tones or d/l tones. The software converts to .caf. You can choose custom tones for Ringtone, new text msg, new voicemail, new mail, sent mail, calendar alert, keyboard click, photoshutter, lock sound, unlock sound, charging sound.

Easy to use, definately worth the money.

My wife hates it when Michael Scott says, "that's what she said" every time I get a text.

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mestapho View Post
    Jailbreak and use tonefxs. Create your tones or d/l tones. The software converts to .caf. You can choose custom tones for Ringtone, new text msg, new voicemail, new mail, sent mail, calendar alert, keyboard click, photoshutter, lock sound, unlock sound, charging sound.

Easy to use, definately worth the money.

My wife hates it when Michael Scott says, "that's what she said" every time I get a text.
    It's my understanding that ToneFX just changes the SMS sound universally, correct?

In the 4.2 beta you can change the SMS sound on a per contact basis. Essentially you could have one sound for business contacts, one for family, one for friends, etc. I believe Kart was wondering if you will be able to load custom tones for contacts and be able to expand on the 6(?) tones that come stock with 4.2.

Santa Claus, Theme Creator santaf's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,472 Times in 1,107 Posts

we needs time stamps on the texts. I know biteSMS can do this but my sister doesn't want to jailbreak and she wants it. and it would be nice to have a default one.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by paganizonda83 View Post
    It's my understanding that ToneFX just changes the SMS sound universally, correct?

In the 4.2 beta you can change the SMS sound on a per contact basis. Essentially you could have one sound for business contacts, one for family, one for friends, etc. I believe Kart was wondering if you will be able to load custom tones for contacts and be able to expand on the 6(?) tones that come stock with 4.2.
    Ahh Yes, it does only work globally, not per contact. Maybe a combination of ToneFXs and 4.2 will enable you to create custom tones per contact. It would work better than just 4.2 as you can have more than 6 tones to choose from. I like being able to easily customize all the other sounds as well.