Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iOS 4.2 Packs Even More New Features for iPhone

Save game manager like the PSP has. Anyone? Anyone? Why has Apple not given us this? I don't really care anymore, because Chronus does all that and more... but really?

What about "Top Sites" feature in Safari? It doesn't have to automatically update like in OSX... but that would be nice. Opera does it... although Opera is buggy and doesn't work half the time... that's not the point.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

The new greenpois0n jailbreak will work on all releases as it's exploiting a hardware hole. Once they finalize it for 4.1, the jailbreak for major releases will be a lot quicker as they would only need to modify the software payload and not have to start over all together.

My iPhone is a Part of Me hollow0's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lerrysan View Post
    Why would anyone want to use a iPod song for text messages? Imagine getting 3 or 4 texts at a time..... Or listening to a 3 minute song for a 5 letter text.... Not worth it......
    Why would anyone want to use an ipod song for text messaging...hmm why not? I mean other platforms have been doing it for years. What a silly @ss question to ask. And obviously it would not play for the duration of the song, it would play a portion of it by default or however the user wants it to play by configuration.

Quote Originally Posted by KartRacer View Post
    Would be nice if they would get off their asses and get rid of the ridiculously stupid popups that bring everything to a grinding halt. I'll bet $10 that the SMS tines you can set for each person will either be the same six that we already have, which will be awesome having 60 contacts to assign them to, OR they will be nice enough to sell them to you through iTunes. iOS development is moving way too slow, all of this should've been there in iOS 3 at the latest. Won't rely on Apple for anything useful, I'll stick to buying functionality from jailbreak devs. They actually care and think their apps and tweaks through.
    yeahh i was thinking the same thing. Same default sms tones for all the contacts you may have. Or they could give you 6 or whatever more quantity of default sms tones for them.

Quote Originally Posted by boxxa View Post
    The new greenpois0n jailbreak will work on all releases as it's exploiting a hardware hole. Once they finalize it for 4.1, the jailbreak for major releases will be a lot quicker as they would only need to modify the software payload and not have to start over all together.
    Isn't there an article on the main page about this?
    Last edited by hollow0; 09-17-2010 at 08:19 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Are you SURE ringtones will work with Messages? I just see the electronic sound listed. Will ringtones really finally be global? That was the main reason I jailbroke, so I could use ToneFXs and control my alert sounds.
    Senior

Quote Originally Posted by xwinger View Post
    that's why i use locktopus
    Yep, it's a great app. The iPhone really needs to have those abilities built in. Think about business users with confidential emails. They are screwed if the lose their phone.

are they still releasing a jb for 4.1?

looks nice think im gonna go find the beta

Try locktopus in cydia. You can password any app..:-)

Shatter when released well work on all sm for life. It will require a change in the hardware to defeat. That's how I understand it at least.

What's up with Bluetooth? I really want the ability to Bluetooth images,songs, files etc. I'm really into pictures and I have a photo printer that detects other devices through Bluetooth. Both iBluetooth & iBluenova haven't been updated for a while.

Just to clarify, the custom tones in 4.2 are just that. Tones. Not entire ringtones. Apple has chosen to Do these custom text tones separate from ringtones.

I'm sure via jailbreak that can be changed.

Back to 4.1 I guess? Or has someone find a solution for this? It's an by apple hardware unlocked iPhone 3g, so no trouble because of that.

Quote Originally Posted by nickhesson View Post
    Agreed
    Yes!!

Quote Originally Posted by nickhesson View Post
    Just to clarify, the custom tones in 4.2 are just that. Tones. Not entire ringtones. Apple has chosen to Do these custom text tones separate from ringtones.

I'm sure via jailbreak that can be changed.
    That's the thing though, I and probably many others have no interest in that. Are we going to be able to make our own? Unless we can make any tone we want and any number we want it's a worthless feature. We've had 3 hardware changes and 4 os versions and every iPhone owner has the same text tones. I can't understand why Apple didn't make this a feature of the OS from the beginning. Thanks for the heads up!
    HK-Z on Game Center

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by that_girl View Post
    If I upgrade to 4.2 when the new JB for iphone 4 comes out, will I get 4.1 features too?
    Will someone please answer my question?

My iPhone is a Part of Me thevmax's Avatar
    Thanks

Default IOS 4 and Features
    Quote Originally Posted by rolandgabor View Post
    How about email attachment?
    How about Bluetooth file transfer?
    Now this would be worthwhile.

screw the fluff stuff!

My iPhone is a Part of Me hollow0's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by that_girl View Post
    Will someone please answer my question?
    yes...

u know a feature that i have wanted since forever is the ability to create picture albums on my phone and move pictures in and out of those albums with just my phone and not waste time with itunes and syncing bs. but the custom and individual sms tones feature is another one i have been waiting for

Safari will also have the ability to find text within a webpage and cycle trough the results, which is handy features when there is a ton of text on such a small screen.
    Oh, Yes! I use this feature all the time when surfing the web, and I spent a good deal of frustrating time, just last night, reading a bunch of cr*ppy websites looking for one word. I'm surprised it took them this long to implement this.

Quote Originally Posted by XCaLiBuR1085 View Post
    Screw the like and dislike button add on to YouTube, put the damn HD button on there so we can actually see it clear without being on wifi like there mobile site does! Very lame just adding the like dislike button! Looks like I'm stuck with the mobile version yet again
    L2 3GUnrestrictor..
    Anybody want a 32GB Mint Condition Black JB Unlocked 3GS? PM me with offers.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast