+ Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: AT&T's 4G Network on Target for Next Summer

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
I wonder what this means for nationwide 3G coverage, seeing as how that is still sorely lacking. If it takes as long for my area to get 4G as it
    Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

I wonder what this means for nationwide 3G coverage, seeing as how that is still sorely lacking. If it takes as long for my area to get 4G as it did 3G I probably won't be getting a newer plan, if at all. I am betting that the "grandfathered" rates will be eliminated as well. Data plans will likely raise in price again too.

Quote Originally Posted by Halten77 View Post
    Wow, iPhone 5G. My contract expires until 2014. So... iPhone 8 Much? ;(
    How on earth does your contract expire in 2014?

Quote Originally Posted by l0k0 View Post

Just imagine how upset those Isuck4 customers are gonna be come next June, LMAO
    Based on ATT's past expansion rates, the vast majority of users wouldn't even be in a 4G area so, most of them wouldn't be regretting a thing!
    Last edited by sziklassy; 09-17-2010 at 05:51 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Unless you live in a major metro area or on a major highway between metro areas you'll never get 3G much less LTE. ATT is not going to invest in low populated rural areas. If there is another carrier such as sprint or verizon that only operates on 3G and they have service in your little town then that's your only option.

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sofaxkingxhi View Post
    Reread needle dic i said give upgrades.
    Either way your argument is ridiculous. ATT does do discounted upgrades so long as you are a customer of theirs. Perhaps it is not a discount you are happy with, but it is there. If you want to have the latest and greatest ALL THE TIME you get to pay for it. I don't see how you call it robbery to not be given cheap upgrades every single year. You got what you paid for, signed a two year contract. You can do that again when your contract is up, or you can pay less than retail (but more than a two year contract price) to upgrade your phone yearly. At the end of the day, if you are smart and sell last year's model on eBay in order to get the new year's model, you come out on top, or slightly below. When all was said and done, it cost me about $30 to upgrade to an iPhone 4 having signed a contract for the 3GS 12 months before.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Thanks

Yeah, I saw this yesterday and blogged all about it at www.techiphonegirl.com This is good news but I am even more excited about the coming improvements on our current 3G network.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    . AT&T is not going to invest in low populated rural areas.
    That's a shame. All the chest beating about network speed, crying to the Federal government about how it'll cost them too much to expand at anything approaching reasonable rates and asking for money they shouldn't get, boasting how fast they are, hiring overweight actors, blaming their customers for using what they pay for, telling their customers to stop contacting their overpaid CEO or there will be legal action against them, hiking the fees up for data which they boast about being so fast, and not unlocking phones after contract is up and they STILL can't provide the same level of service as every single on of their competitors in a 70 miles radius around a major military base that I live by. Every single one of their competitors has fantastic service here and this area. They have extremely slow and unreliable 3G 30 miles from here, but it's slower than edge and you can't get it while moving or inside any building, so it's basically worthless and I don't consider it actually being a 3G area.

(not an attack on you, just pointing out the various failures of AT&T)
    HK-Z on Game Center

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

At&t data service sucks. Even when on 3g the transfer rates are sluggish and often useless

+ Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234