+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Yahoo CEO Makes Dire Prediction for Apple

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
I'm reminded the famous Steve Jobs' email exchange with a guy where he finally got so ticked off that he said "have you ever actually created anything yourself or do
    iPhone? More like MyPhone editwizard's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm reminded the famous Steve Jobs' email exchange with a guy where he finally got so ticked off that he said "have you ever actually created anything yourself or do you just criticize what others have done? What have you done that's so great?"

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

One word: Woman.
    I'm MYAATT DAAAMOOON!!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Well I seriously don't think iAds will fail. There are so many people buying things for the iphone that I'm sure developers don't even care how much control apple has. I'm not sure why she's even talking about it because yahoo doesn't even have something that competes with apple. Maybe she just dislikes apple? I don't know maybe she's just mad for no reason. But she is right that they do have a desire to control everything.

Thanks
    no they wont. in fact, they are the only ads i click because they are actually neat

Green Apple
    Thanks

I have a slightly different take on Apples "Walled garden" approach. In the PC realm look at windows and how it is attacked almost daily with viruses, mal-ware, worm, etc... compare that to OSX. People say it is because there are so many more Windows PC's than Macs. Maybe, but the point is that in the mobile device market, iOS could be the largest system and Apple wants to lesson the possibility of problems like in windows. Who wants a cell phone that catches a virus and does crazy stuff. It is their desire to keep the things they sell working like they should. I have no problem with that. I only wish they would leave an avenue open to people such as myself to have an option to go beyond their limitations as long as we understand the risks and don't hold them to blame if something were to go wrong.

Thanks

Uhh… what's iAds?

OS X - excellent enough to put on phones LGgeek's Avatar
    Thanks

I think iAds will be troublesome for Apple but it's not going to unravel it.
    The basic problem (IMHO) will be Apple's obsession with controlling everything and the amount of time that will take and the timeliness of the ads.

This is the one place were I can see Apple giving customers to Android platforms. Since Android is from Google and they are the KING of advertising I could see the publishers striking deals with Google.
    I don't drink kool-Aid, I don't join cults.
    This is why I break out in cold sweat going to Apple retail store.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 730 Posts

Why in the heck is the picture in the OP 2011x1394 pixels???? R-E-S-I-Z-E

....and who is listening to her anyway? Yahoo's bid to take over the auction world from ebay....... FAIL. Yahoo's bid to take over leader of free email service from hotmail, double fail.... Google crushed them both. Yahoo's bid to.................
    Last edited by one1; 09-18-2010 at 12:03 PM.
    Screw #Winning, I'm #Juanning
    iMac 27" i5 quad 2.8Ghz (1TB), MacBook Pro 17" 2.6, iPhone 4s

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12