+ Reply
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Bashed Again by Consumer Reports

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Steve is hanging out with Chris at the airport? Man, Steve is so all-powerful he can bring back the dead? No wonder Apple is so feared. Who's he going to
    Thanks

Steve is hanging out with Chris at the airport? Man, Steve is so all-powerful he can bring back the dead? No wonder Apple is so feared. Who's he going to be seen with next? Nostradamus? Stalin? Nixon?
    Senior

Mes
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Most consumers have a short memory ... and Apple knows it !!

Thanks

Actually, Apple consumers have brand loyalty and keep buying Mac products over and over. Nothing to do with short memory.
    Senior

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mr117 View Post
    Sweaty palms? Bad Karma? Texas luck? I bought two i4s (one for my adult son), neither does it. Your experience is yours, mine is mine, his is his (similar to mine), don't tell me I can't tell what my phone is doing or he can't tell what his is doing. You are making a blanket statement, but it doesn't cover anything except what you claim is your experience. The more you persist in stating that you are right and ALL iPhone 4s exhibit this behavior, the more you sound foolish and controlling. ALL iPHONES DO NOT BEHAVE AS YOU ARE DESCRIBING. PERIOD.

(You actually tried 41 phones in 5 stores? You didn't think, oh, I don't know, after the first 5-10 phones, ok, enough, I'll go buy a Droid?)
    I most certainly did try out every single phone to make sure it wasn't an isolated issue as Apple claimed. It doesn't take long. As soon as i put my finger on the gap....presto. Bars fall off rather quickly. 41 out of 41 phones is no coincidence, especially in a city blanketed in 3G coverage... but hey....if you say you don't have the problem on a naked iPhone 4 then I guess there's no way I can prove you wrong.

But I still don't see how a hardware design like this doesn't affect all phones unless there was some sort of extra non-conductive coating that only got applied to a handful of phones. Which would technically be illegal without FCC approval no?

Green Apple
    Thanks

For people that is lucky enough to not have the antenna issue. Shouldn't you guys thanks consumer report and massive amount of people that complain to apple, and ultimately get free case for everyone? If you dont have a problem with your phone then ******* good for you. No one cares if your phone dont drop call. But some us have this problem.

My iPhone is a Part of Me thevmax's Avatar
    Thanks

Angry Crying for all the right reasons
    Quote Originally Posted by CtHater View Post
    You people crack me up. How many people actually have the problem? Now ask yourselves how many people buy some kind of case (regardless of whether or not it will help with an antenna problem) to just cover your device to keep it in "NEW" condition? So what's all the crying for? The iPhone 4 is an amazing device and a case, whether free (for design flaw reasons) or purchased (to go with your "glowing" personality) is something we ALL will seek out.

Just stop your ******** people!!!!
    Hey! Nobody asked you to flame people in this post...Considering how much the freakin' thing costs, even with a discount as a continuing customer, there should be ZERO problems! Add the cost of keeping your lease open for 2 f**kin' years and the cost is quite astronomical. Apple knew they had this problem and released the phone anyway! Snot on them!

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by adp View Post
    ROFL. Good one!

Thanks

Flames, flames, whose got the flames? Apple says only a small percentage of people have this issue or others to the point of returning them for a refund or replacement. I'm in Apple stores fairly often and I don't see lines of people complaining. I spent an hour in one store, waiting to buy my 2nd phone, and no one was going to the Bar or otherwise complaining to the personnel. Just saw 20 people waiting to buy their phones. Happily. Another time I was there for 45 minutes buying my iPad, same thing. I was in to get a case, no one complaining. Believe me, I listened for it, having read about the issues. Just saw happy people buying/testing Apple products. I'm not saying YOU are wrong with YOUR experience, just that I'd appreciate it if you'd admit I wasn't wrong with MY experience.

As to ZERO problems, grow up. Every manufactured good has its issues at some point- try buying a car after they change to a new model for $30K+ and they recall it 3 times. A $200 iPhone isn't much compared to that.

Oh, and if you don't care that my ******** phone DOESN'T drop calls, then I won't care if your ******* phone DOES. What kind of argument is that? Or discussion, for that matter? Let's keep it civil and mature - or at least over the emotional age of 14, shall we?
    Senior

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by unison999 View Post
    In U.S. there is this pesky thing called FCC approval when you redesign anything that has to do with transmission of info, guess what antenna is part of that they govern. Even putting a coating on the antenna requires approval. In other countries they may have already received that approval therefore put out fixed versions, while they have to wait for that approval in U.S. before they can replace those antenna with coated antenna.
    Well the rollout in Australia came only days after the rollout in the US and at the height of "antenna gate" (I remember it clearly, talking with my friend there and seeing how it played out) so your belief that a coating was applied to the antenna doesn't hold up and Apple have flatly rejected coating the antenna. There was no issue with antenna attenuation dropouts at all in Australia, dropping of signal bars, yes as with other phones, but no call dropouts.The fact that regional signal strength was ignored through the hysteria only drove the hype of it being a massive flaw. It wasn't. If all the millions of phones sold at that time were defective, then why wasn't the antenna issue across the board and world wide? Simple. Signal transmission strength. You can read user reaction in Oz Have You Experienced Antenna Issues On Your iPhone 4? | Gizmodo Australia
    Last edited by Tyronal; 09-15-2010 at 12:21 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I had my Iphone4 (4.0.2) when it was release in Mexico three weeks ago. Two bars drops when I hold it by the bottom, also experience a lot of proximity sensor problems. Still waiting for my free bumper case.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by whereswaldo View Post
    Haters gonna hate
    fanboys gonna fanboy...

Thanks

I just tried to scroll on my macbook using the screen thinking i was on my ipad. LOL

Fish are friends, not food!
    Neither is Slow Internet.

iPhone? More like MyPhone sunshinejenn03's Avatar
    Thanks

Since upgrading to 4.1, I have dropped 0 calls.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I don't have the problem at all because I don't wrap my hand around the phone. I can make it happen if I want too. I got my free case but will never use it. i use icarbons to protect the finish because I've always hated putting cases on my iphones. I DO think apple should be bashed for this problem. If you don't think that, then your mouth tastes like apples 24/7. They released a product with a pretty big flaw. That's a fact. Do I still love my phone even though the screen shattered after a 16 inch drop on the floor, yes. Do I think apple sucks for calling it bullet proof when it's fragile as hell? Yes I do. You shouldn't have to buy things to have your phone operate properly or keep it in a bubble to make sure it doesn't explode. I've very careful with my things but sooner or later mishaps happen. I still think it's the best device on the market. What's that say for the other devices available?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

I wonder how many people here is denying there is a problem because if they admit to it would some how would make their expensive equipment not so perfect. Or deny there is a problem and hope there is not a fix, because if the new version comes out with redesigned antenna the older versions of iPhone4 would drop in value like a brick.

Look there is no denying the fact there is a problem with iPhone 4, your god Jobs admitted to it. He may have downplayed the numbers by saying it is a small percentage that reported the problem, but in actuality all iPhones have this because it is a design flaw unless you can somehow show your iPhone4 is designed differently. Just because you did not notice or run into the bridging the gap losing signal yet does not mean the problem does not exist.

Quote Originally Posted by ianblondeau View Post
    I don't have the problem at all because I don't wrap my hand around the phone.
    You are confused, the bridging gap problem mentioned by the article is antenna design flaw not this wrap hand around blocking reception Antennagate.
    Problem is not wrap hand around, it is closing the gap between the two antenna causing loss of signal. All you need is 1 finger barely bridging the gap between the two antenna, and the location of this gap is in a very easily touched location.
    Last edited by unison999; 09-15-2010 at 11:09 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by unison999 View Post
    I wonder how many people here is denying there is a problem because if they admit to it would some how would make their expensive equipment not so perfect. Or deny there is a problem and hope there is not a fix, because if the new version comes out with redesigned antenna the older versions of iPhone4 would drop in value like a brick.

Look there is no denying the fact there is a problem with iPhone 4, your god Jobs admitted to it. He may have downplayed the numbers by saying it is a small percentage that reported the problem, but in actuality all iPhones have this because it is a design flaw unless you can somehow show your iPhone4 is designed differently. Just because you did not notice or run into the bridging the gap losing signal yet does not mean the problem does not exist.

You are confused, the bridging gap problem mentioned by the article is antenna design flaw not this wrap hand around blocking reception Antennagate.
    Problem is not wrap hand around, it is closing the gap between the two antenna causing loss of signal. All you need is 1 finger barely bridging the gap between the two antenna, and the location of this gap is in a very easily touched location.
    I'm not confused, I know I can drop my bars by bridging the gap. I don't bridge the gap when I talk on the phone. I guess I hold it differently? I've never had a dropped call. I've seen the bars go down by bridging the gap. I know there's a problem with every phone and I think apple sucks for making people but a bandaid on it.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Regardless whether it has a defect with the antenna or not, I'm going to buy a case for an iphone. I'm sure most people who buy iphones will buy a case for it too.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    wow. so what people have been saying about Apple fanboys are true after all.

well whatever floats your boat, just dont shove down other people's throat.

Thanks

Again, YOU say I have a problem I have never experienced. Do I believe you or my own experience? If the gap is so easily touched, why haven't I touched it? Why don't I have the issues I should have according to you? Either I am super lucky or god is smiling down on me? If this problem was so terrible, the i4 would not be flying out of the stores. And there would be lines of people waiting for a fix or a replacement or a refund. There aren't. Do some people have issues? Sure. But when you tell me I'm having trouble and I'm not, when you tell me I'm somehow doing it wrong or I WOULD have trouble, you just sound crazy. You are not convincing anyone by making universal statements. You are doing the opposite. The sky is NOT falling, Chicken Little.

Oh, wait, I'm wrong, I'm deluding myself because I love Apple so much and I want my phone to be perfect. No, wait, I jailbroke it because it is NOT perfect. Well, I must have the ONLY i4 MADE THAT WORKS!!! Yep, that's it.
    Senior

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Yep. Pretty much summed up here. http://bit.ly/awHXku