Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Bashed Again by Consumer Reports

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by billchase2 View Post
    Consumer Reports has issues with their iPhone, therefore, everybody else can or will too? Impeccable logic there as well...
    many people did have this problem only 1 out of 5 people I personally know that owned the phone did not have any problem with their phone, hell even Apple admit there is a problem why can't you.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

i know i read this before, but cant remember the response.

i still got to wait 3 week for my case. can i buy a case from apple store and return it when my case is delivered?

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post
    You have no issues with your phone therefor nobody else can or will either. Impeccable logic there...
    Everyone with an issue believe there is a problem, therefor everybody else can or do have an issue too. Impeccable logic there...

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by neonsector View Post
    they didnt fix ****.
    both of my phones still lose signal even with their ****** overpriced POS bumper case.

YouTube - Apple iPhone 4 signal loss with apple bumper on

uhhhh the bumper solves the bridging of the antenna, in that respect it is fixed.
    The dropping of the signal strength with grip which in essence blocking signal from reaching antenna still exist which Jobs calls it Antennagate problem, no way to fix this problem unless they do a big old 80's telescoping antenna. This will exist on any phone on the market, all depends on how you hold the phone.
    Apple tried to make bridging = antennagate it is not, the body of original thread also made it seem like one equals the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyronal View Post
    Why wasn't it an issue in all other countries if it was "a miserable failure"? Why wasn't it an issue with EVERY phone if it was a design flaw? Did you ever suspect the signal being transmitted? My friend in Australia kept an eye on the rollout of iPhone 4 and guess what. No issue. Same in Europe and Japan. Just because you had a problem doesn't mean everyone had it too.
    In U.S. there is this pesky thing called FCC approval when you redesign anything that has to do with transmission of info, guess what antenna is part of that they govern. Even putting a coating on the antenna requires approval. In other countries they may have already received that approval therefore put out fixed versions, while they have to wait for that approval in U.S. before they can replace those antenna with coated antenna.
    Last edited by unison999; 09-14-2010 at 05:18 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by CtHater View Post
    You people crack me up. How many people actually have the problem? Now ask yourselves how many people buy some kind of case (regardless of whether or not it will help with an antenna problem) to just cover your device to keep it in "NEW" condition? So what's all the crying for? The iPhone 4 is an amazing device and a case, whether free (for design flaw reasons) or purchased (to go with your "glowing" personality) is something we ALL will seek out.

Just stop your ******** people!!!!

Agreed!

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi
    -= Formally known as SiLeNtKiLLa =-

My iPhone is a Part of Me politicalslug's Avatar
    Thanks

Consumer Reports is a joke. They haven't been relevant in a good many years. I don't know anyone younger than 40 that would value their recommendations in the least. This juvenile update was wholly unnecessary. This is the first time they've bothering to reiterate an exact recommendation (which in this case is a recommendation not to buy). It serves no purpose but to shove itself into the public's eye once more.
    They can have my jailbreak when they pry it from my cold dead fingers.

Oh great here we go with the "my phone has the problem, it exists" "but my phone doesn't, it doesn't exist!" debate. The debate is going to go NOWHERE. Some people have the problem others don't. You're never going to convince someone without the problem that it exists and you're never going to convince someone with the problem that it doesn't exist. Haven't we been through all this already a few weeks after the phone was released?

Quote Originally Posted by politicalslug View Post
    Consumer Reports is a joke. They haven't been relevant in a good many years. I don't know anyone younger than 40 that would value their recommendations in the least. This juvenile update was wholly unnecessary. This is the first time they've bothering to reiterate an exact recommendation (which in this case is a recommendation not to buy). It serves no purpose but to shove itself into the public's eye once more.
    I agree only because they rated my jeep to be an awful car to own... But ask anyone who owns a jeep and they'll say it's awesome.
    I guess the same concept would apply to the iphone 4. They rate it low but everyone who owns one says it's awesome.
    Oh and you're completely right about the people over 40 valuing their recommendations. My mom thinks consumer reports is the source of all knowledge when it comes to buying things.
    Last edited by robertr1; 09-14-2010 at 05:33 PM.

I know some one quoted part of it but gotta love this video!!
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKIcaejkpD4]YouTube - Song A Day #561: The iPhone Antenna Song[/ame]

You had a chance to get rid of the iPhone 4 so if you still have it and are still having problems you're a moron. I know about 20 people that have the 4 and none of us have an issue..... CS has been caught lying and was even taken to court about it yet some of you believe. Got a bridge to sell all of you.... maybe a unicorn too!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to rkswat For This Useful Post:

kuhndsn (09-14-2010)

Quote Originally Posted by trigun989 View Post
    i know i read this before, but cant remember the response.

i still got to wait 3 week for my case. can i buy a case from apple store and return it when my case is delivered?
    Buy a case from best buy. You have 30 days to return it as long as you don't beat the he'll outta it

Does anyone not think Apple would have come across this problem during testing? Apple has instruments they use to measure signal strength and loss. Obviously they saw it but knew it wasn't a big enough issue to have a detrimental effect on the signal.

If you really want to have a look for yourself and you're running 4.1 (the other 4.x don't work for some reason) use the old Field Test code.

*3001#12345#* in the keypad and hit call

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Everybody has the problem. Some people just haven't noticed it yet....either because they have a case or they haven't really tried to duplicate it. I'd like to see one person post a video of them on iOS 4.0.1 or higher with their finger over the gap and see the bars NOT drop without any material over the gap.

Reality check Apple......maybe the "problem" has faded away because sales are slowing down and more and more people have free cases already. The problem isn't fixed or "faded away"...it's just masked.

My i4 works just fine. I use it without a case, with my free bumper and with an Otterbox Defender. I've had two (2) dropped calls in the two months I've had it. One to a landline and one to another iPhone. No proximity issues, no antenna issues, works clearly and well. 32gb. Worked before I jailbroke it and still works well afterwards.

As for Consumer Reports, I haven't trusted them since they reported, many years ago, that professional (film) Nikon cameras were not very good. I spent thirty years as a shooter with Nikons (and Hasselblads at times), and can state clearly that they are the best (these were in the pre-digital age). I still have my F3s (sold all the earlier ones) and lenses, they still work well after taking many hundreds of thousands of pictures. Now I just play with my D70s and D300, which also work very well.

CR does not seem to know what they are talking about.
    Senior

Lol. Cannot keep them in stock yet in my world. So. What does this all mean? The condition exists but just how much it is effecting sales? Not much. So really how big is this issue really? Consumer who...?

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sungod661 View Post
    i am glad you guys dont have issues but i do and "antennagate" does exist to many of us. There is a design flaw and in my opinion the phone never should have been released with this issue.

As just a phone the iphone 4 is a miserable failure in my opinion. i drop 30% of my calls however apple offered to refund anyone that wasnt happy so even with 30% drops i still keep my iphone 4 because i know all other phones are inferior.

just dont waive the apple flag because they did do some shady stuff with the iphone4....
    LOL. Good thing it's not just the iPhone 4 that has the issue, it happens on other smartphones as well. So yes, Consumer Report is just trying to get attention because Apple is such a popular company with all their devices. I'm waiving my flag!

Quote Originally Posted by RICO_ View Post
    Everybody has the problem. Some people just haven't noticed it yet....either because they have a case or they haven't really tried to duplicate it.
    Sorry, but your pain is not my pain. And please do not tell me that I don't understand how to hold my phone in the "wrong" way. I had no case for the first 3 weeks I had my phone, I held it all sorts of ways, no issues. Some phone may have the issues, and lots, it seems, don't. Your generalization is neither correct nor helpful.
    Senior

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Maybe you can explain to me how 41 different iPhones from 2 Apple stores and 3 AT&T stores all did the exact same thing? There wasn't a single phone that DIDN'T do it in those stores.

Quote Originally Posted by RICO_ View Post
    Maybe you can explain to me how 41 different iPhones from 2 Apple stores and 3 AT&T stores all did the exact same thing? There wasn't a single phone that DIDN'T do it in those stores.
    Sweaty palms? Bad Karma? Texas luck? I bought two i4s (one for my adult son), neither does it. Your experience is yours, mine is mine, his is his (similar to mine), don't tell me I can't tell what my phone is doing or he can't tell what his is doing. You are making a blanket statement, but it doesn't cover anything except what you claim is your experience. The more you persist in stating that you are right and ALL iPhone 4s exhibit this behavior, the more you sound foolish and controlling. ALL iPHONES DO NOT BEHAVE AS YOU ARE DESCRIBING. PERIOD.

(You actually tried 41 phones in 5 stores? You didn't think, oh, I don't know, after the first 5-10 phones, ok, enough, I'll go buy a Droid?)
    Senior

My iPhone is a Part of Me kuhndsn's Avatar
    Thanks

AGAIN!?!? Really!?! This crap is getting old. My work crackberry has the same damn problem. Where are the haters for that? All this reoccuring bashing is getting very old and stupid in some cases. What next? A silly article about steve jobs getting busted at an airport in China smuggling ninja stars???!!!! Sad.....
    Last edited by kuhndsn; 09-14-2010 at 10:06 PM.

Steve Jobs was at the airport with the ninja turtles? Which ones? Raphael? Leonardo? Were there other stars there, like Lindsey or Paris? This is really exciting.
    Senior

My favorite ninja star was Chris Farley.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast