+ Reply
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Bashed Again by Consumer Reports

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
The phone works well for me, however I do drop calls when calling my wife who is also on an iPhone 4. It's strange.
    iPhone? More like MyPhone geoffe's Avatar
    Thanks

The phone works well for me, however I do drop calls when calling my wife who is also on an iPhone 4. It's strange.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Reception issue is real and extremely frustrating. Not sure how Apple QA missed the test case 101. I got my phone 5 days ago from Fido[Canada], I can see it drop bar by bar if I hold the phone on natural position. My friends in Rogers, and Telus have same issue. Out of all people, I didn't expect Apple to dig a hole and put their head there and assume nothing is wrong. Anyways my Speck Fitted is on the way , I think Apple should give out free case for all their iPhone 4 until there is a hardware fix.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by trevorrawson View Post
    I got a free case and never use it. I don't like how bulky they make the phone. And to be honest I don't have problems with the reception. Even with this so called "Antennagate" I still get better reception on my 4 than my 3GS.
    I completely agree!

iPhone? More like MyPhone mbeezy81's Avatar
    Thanks

I have no issues with my iPhone 4 other than the proximity issue which is minor. Apple gave everybody a chance to return it if you didn't like it. If I had a problem with the way the phone operated I would've shipped it back. Why are we still going through this. For those that just bought there iPhone 4's you were aware of the problem b4 you bought it and still chose to buy it and now you're crying about it.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Just because a problem does not get as much media attention doesn't mean it's been solved.

It's apparent that Apple doesn't care about the problem, but just the perception of the problem. That's what the entire 4.0.1 "fix" nonsense was for and this fleeting case program.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

apple will still sell a lot of phones lol.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post
    You have no issues with your phone therefor nobody else can or will either. Impeccable logic there...
    So where Is the logic from consumer reports to bash apple for a problem that not everyone has and that a very small percentage of iphone 4 users have? I never had a reception problem either other than the proximity issue, but it doesn't make sense for me that a consumer reports to bash the iPhone 4 the way they have.

adp
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by durdan1 View Post
    So where Is the logic from consumer reports to bash apple for a problem that not everyone has and that a very small percentage of iphone 4 users have? I never had a reception problem either other than the proximity issue, but it doesn't make sense for me that a consumer reports to bash the iPhone 4 the way they have.
    When you pay $700 for a phone you'd expect it to work with no issues. What consumer reports is trying to tell you is that it's unacceptable for them to be "fixing" the problem by giving out free cases.
    If I helped you out, please use the Thanks button ------------------------->

Thanks
    Thanked 1,663 Times in 808 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by trevorrawson View Post
    I got a free case and never use it. I don't like how bulky they make the phone. And to be honest I don't have problems with the reception. Even with this so called "Antennagate" I still get better reception on my 4 than my 3GS.
    100% agreed

Thanks

Because it's a legitimate issue whether u drop calls or not. You may have 4-5 bars and only lose 1-2 to keep from dropping your calls, but when you live out in an area where you may have leas bars or are on the road or whatever, losing those bars is vital to using the phone. I can watch mine go from 4 bars to 2 just by holding it. Because you don't suffer dropped calls doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Apple make a high profile item and nothings ever perfect, but covering up the issue in lieu of fixing it is a crap move on my book. I also suffer from the proximity sensor issue with constant problems of calls going to speaker phone and that's a bigger issue to me. 4.1 did not fix it and I'll be taking mine back if it's not fixed soon.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by billchase2 View Post
    Consumer Reports has issues with their iPhone, therefore, everybody else can or will too? Impeccable logic there as well...
    Consumer reports has issues WITH A DESIGN FLAW THAT IS BEING IGNORED....along with many, many others. I myself do not suffer any problems because of this issue as well as you obviously. But that certainly doesn't mean the problem isn't there....

iPhone? More like MyPhone Antman217's Avatar
    Thanks

I really want one but I don't wanna take the risk of getting a bad one. Hopefully this is really fixed by Christmas time or I'll just wait for the iPhone 5 (wonder how awesome that one is going to be!)
    Last edited by Antman217; 09-14-2010 at 02:16 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone macsoldier's Avatar
    Thanks

Looks Like Consumer Reports didn't get the bribe they usually get from companies to put up a good review on there product.

iPhone? More like MyPhone GranDaddyPurp's Avatar
    Thanks

Hmm..What did that song say?

"There's an awful lot of hoopla hoopla 'round the iPhone antenna"
    "The media loves a failure in a string of successes"

I'm surprised people are still talking about this. You were given 2 options, return the phone or get a case. If you didn't do either then stop complaining.
    I Take Three L's To The Head...Love, Live, Life then I'm Dead

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GranDaddyPurp For This Useful Post:

durdan1 (09-14-2010), tsatryan (09-14-2010)

Thanks

I wouldn't call it bashing... Just not recommending. There's a difference. Bashing would be saying something like "this is a piece of crap phone don't buy it!". They're just saying it has an issue(although many people either simply don't have one or refuse to admit it because they're in denial that apple messed up) so they can't recommend it. That being said I don't really like to take consumer reports recommendations very seriously. I'd rather go by what multiple say about their personal experience it just seems a more realistic test would be better than a test in some lab somewhere.

Banned
    Thanks

God, someone at Consumer Report has a bug well and truly stuck up their asss. Outside the US, there wasn't such an outcry. Did anyone care to check the signal being transmitted by that wonderful mob at AT&T?
    Last edited by Tyronal; 09-14-2010 at 03:26 PM.

Thanks

they didnt fix ****.
    both of my phones still lose signal even with their ****** overpriced POS bumper case.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlISPcpnOZU]YouTube - Apple iPhone 4 signal loss with apple bumper on[/ame]

Thanks

Haters gonna hate
    Name? whereswaldo
    iDevice + Firmware? 32GB Black iPhone 4 iOS 5.0
    Computer + OS? Dell Inspiron 15R 2nd Gen i5, 2.3 Ghz, 750GB HDD, 8GB RAM Windows 7 HP
    Location? Toronto
    Found yet? No

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sungod661 View Post
    i am glad you guys dont have issues but i do and "antennagate" does exist to many of us. There is a design flaw and in my opinion the phone never should have been released with this issue.

As just a phone the iphone 4 is a miserable failure in my opinion. i drop 30% of my calls however apple offered to refund anyone that wasnt happy so even with 30% drops i still keep my iphone 4 because i know all other phones are inferior.

just dont waive the apple flag because they did do some shady stuff with the iphone4....
    Why wasn't it an issue in all other countries if it was "a miserable failure"? Why wasn't it an issue with EVERY phone if it was a design flaw? Did you ever suspect the signal being transmitted? My friend in Australia kept an eye on the rollout of iPhone 4 and guess what. No issue. Same in Europe and Japan. Just because you had a problem doesn't mean everyone had it too.
    Last edited by Tyronal; 09-14-2010 at 03:24 PM.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Tyronal For This Useful Post:

eg6motion (09-14-2010)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by neonsector View Post
    they didnt fix ****.
    both of my phones still lose signal even with their ****** overpriced POS bumper case.

YouTube - Apple iPhone 4 signal loss with apple bumper on
    now lets see a video of you making a phone call while holding like that... because let's face it, you don't. Not to mention, holding it like a monkey will result in this on many other phones. Perhaps you should have returned it... but it's obvious you have to have an iPhone, regardless of your service quality.
    Really?