+ Reply
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Ending Free iPhone 4 Case Program September 30

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    MMi Staff Writer
    Thanks

Default Apple Ending Free iPhone 4 Case Program September 30

Apple has announced that it will be ending the free iPhone 4 Case Program on September 30. You can, however, still get a free case if you buy an iPhone 4 before then. Apparently, Apple would like to put the ‘Antennagate’ fiasco behind them as quickly as possible. If you bought an Apple bumper case, full refunds are still available as long as you request a refund before the September deadline. After that, Apple will go back to “business as usual” and charge a 10% restocking fee and only accept returns within 14 days of purchase.

The iPhone 4 Case Program page on Apples website was updated with this message:

“We now know that the iPhone 4 antenna attenuation issue is even smaller than we originally thought. A small percentage of iPhone 4 users need a case, and we want to continue providing them a Bumper case for free. For everyone else, we are discontinuing the free case program on all iPhone 4s sold after September 30, 2010. We are also returning to our normal returns policy for all iPhone 4s sold after September 30. Users experiencing antenna issues should call AppleCare to request a free Bumper case.”

Apple has yet to disclose what, if any, changes need to be made to fix this defect once and for all. They have provided a link to their Antenna Design and Test Labs that include impressive pictures of their state-of-the-art facility. This page is an attempt on Apples part to let the public know that they are doing everything in their power to study the problem. Maybe field-testing new models without cases that mask the problem in the first place would also be a good idea.

Mexican iPhone carrier Telcel claimed last month, that Apple would be coming out with a new, revised version of the iPhone 4 by the end of September. Not surprisingly, Apple has remained silent regarding this statement by Telcel.

In order to get your free case Apple created the iPhone 4 Case Program app designed to make the ordering process quick and easy. I ordered my case as soon as this app was made available and am still waiting to receive it. The ship date was October so I guess I’ll just have to keep waiting to get my free case.

Source: The Loop

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wiley John Wright For This Useful Post:

HeavyD4 (09-16-2010), reaves205 (09-11-2010)

Thanks

what a load of horsesh*t!!!!.....as my grandfather would say!

Thanks

im having a problem getting my bumper untied states postal service said it left the jersey city place the august 28th i live in new york and never got it

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Apple is still not admit iPhone 4 antenna problemssssss

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I ordered the day this app was available and received my case two weeks later. My sister received her case three weeks ago and she placed an order two days after the app was released.

Thanks

We knew this was going to happen. Apple posted this two months ago.

Thanks

I had a real result, I got automatically refunded £25 for my bumber then I tried the case program and got sent that too lol

Thanks Apple

Livin the iPhone Life iNT3Rv3NTiONZz's Avatar
    Thanks

The case program app was the first app on my iPhone 4, before I even synced with iTunes, activated my phone and then went straight to the AppStore

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

iPhone4 16gb black - 4.1 Limera1ned
    iPhone 3G 16gb white - 3.1.2 jailbroken
    Blackra1ned
    THANKYOU ONCE AGAIN GEOHOT!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

There really is not reason why they can't include the bumpers in the iPhone 4 box. It is bull

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

"We now know that the iPhone 4 antenna attenuation issue is even smaller than we originally thought."

Whoah, whoah, whoah. Apple never admitted that there was a problem. They firmly denied it and then said that they like to keep their customers "happy." They then said that they "asked" what would make their customers happy and that the customers said "a free case" would do it, hence, the free case.

"A small percentage of iPhone 4 users need a case, and we want to continue providing them a Bumper case for free. For everyone else, we are discontinuing the free case program on all iPhone 4s sold after September 30, 2010."

If they fixed it quickly, that "small percentage" could still be "100% of the early shipments" which obviously dwindle in comparison to thw full install base as the phone continues to sell (went world-wide and supply is finally catching up to demand).

"We are also returning to our normal returns policy for all iPhone 4s sold after September 30. Users experiencing antenna issues should call AppleCare to request a free Bumper case."

This last bit sounds like they will continue offering the case to users who request/need it, which seems to imply that they may not have fixed the issue but believe it is small enough to handle this way.

Quote Originally Posted by iPhoneAndrew View Post
    There really is not reason why they can't include the bumpers in the iPhone 4 box. It is bull
    Perhaps including one is what they meant when they said that Apple has fixed it? We'll see on Sep 30.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to CZroe For This Useful Post:

Jahooba (09-12-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

They made a mistake with the antenna massive as it is no getting away from the truth for such a big and expensive phone its a disaster,on the other hand got my iphone 4 friday and dont give a damn about antennas.

Get a bumper or case, stop moaning and enjoy all the other things about the phone and if they put a bumper in the box you wouldnt have a choice then would you not to mention the millions it would cost to do so besides the cost of the bumper,and the fact the iphone 4 wouldnt even be on the shelves till christmas.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by B-Cat View Post
    I had a real result, I got automatically refunded £25 for my bumber then I tried the case program and got sent that too lol

Thanks Apple
    lol hey that sounds like some really GOOD customer service to me. Hehe wish I had done the same. Didn't purchase any bumper though so I don't need to worry about getting any refunds. I just waited a good 3 weeks for my case to arrive after I placed my order.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Ordering a bumper was the first thing I did, after getting my i4.

I have no intention of using it, as I use a booklet-style leather flip-case - but every intention of redeeming the UKP 10-15.00 they fetch new on FleBay.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Then u most be reading somewhere else,because they did admit it n the whole world knows that

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

So when my WHITE iPhone 4 comes out the issue will be fixed? Or will Apple ignore it and say I bought a faulty device knowing it wouldn't work up to par? I am praying the release the WHITE ones on Sep 30th and they are fixed but who knows with these guys, might just have to put a piece of tape on it till I get a bumber...

Thanks

Hey guys, what if I bought it to apple store, in a mall, can I request for that free bump antenna case, thanks

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I got my free case on Thursday & it dosnt help one bit. I got the incase snap case, smoke colored. I bought a incipio case from wallmart which is a little thicker & works a little beter but still does not fix it completely. I am really disappointed in this. I love the phone itself but it really ticks me off that I bought a 300 dollar phone that always looses signal when I hold it in my hand.

Thanks

i like how they say a small percentage need cases. Do you know anyone who did not apply for the free case. I don't.

Thanks

i've always wondered why they dont sell ihone 4 accessories and cases in the Apple store? whats the secret behind it? well atleast you dont find any accessories here in Canada...

Thanks

I got my free case. But I never really have any problem with my antenna. Other than the upload speed from AT&T, but they got that fix.