Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Ending Free iPhone 4 Case Program September 30

Green Apple
    Thanks
    I have an iPhone 4, and id rather hold it differently and get longer battery!

This is why ive been trying to get the iPhone 4 so badly!

Sent from my iPod touch using ModMyi
    Name? whereswaldo
    iDevice + Firmware? 32GB Black iPhone 4 iOS 5.0
    Computer + OS? Dell Inspiron 15R 2nd Gen i5, 2.3 Ghz, 750GB HDD, 8GB RAM Windows 7 HP
    Location? Toronto
    Found yet? No

Good thing I got mine on the day they released the app for it, all thanks to MMi of course!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone Daerid's Avatar
    Thanks

I just hope that they learn from this. It seems that each new version has some issue, if not the screen...

We spend hard earned money on these and make apple very wealthy. Respect your users.

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

If Apple stop offering free iPhone4 case program, I also stop thinking to buy iPhone 4....

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

No Apple the problem is NOT smaller than you thought. It's BIGGER than you could ever imagine.

The number of people actually reporting the problem is what's smaller than you thought.

I went into two local Apple stores and two different AT&T stores in town. Each of the Apple stores had 16 iPhone 4s on display and I got EVERY SINGLE ONE to replicate the signal attenuation problem in BOTH stores....as well as the 3 phones on display in the AT&T stores.

That's not a small problem. That's a big freakin problem! Wake up Apple and quit treating us like you think we don't know when you're just feeding us bullsh!t.

And by the way....those of you out there that THINK you don't have a problem need to bridge that gap a little longer. It won't drop signal right away....but keep holding it and it will.

I think that Apple is discontinuing this case program not because they think the problem is small....but because a crap load of people are pumping out free case orders and now Apple is losing MORE money than they expected. If they tell you the problem is isolated and small don't believe it......it's their way of brainwashing you people.

Common sense tells you if the problem is HARDWARE related....and the same hardware design is used in ALL of the iPhone 4s....well then guess what.......the problem will affect ALL of the iPhone 4s. And now there are rumors going around that Apple has a revision of the iPhone 4 slated to be released on October 1. Coincidence?? There's a difference between truth and what Apple perceives to be the truth to manipulate it to their advantage. Don't buy into it.
    Last edited by RICO_; 09-12-2010 at 11:08 AM.

I just have a question to you Rico...
    How do you hold your phone?
    Seems to Look stupid...?

Man that bumper deal was retarded to me. I got two free ones. (bought one before the phone came out, and got one w/the purchase of my iPhone 4) But at the end of the day, no need for them. I ended up going case-less because I just love the form factor of this phone!

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by suparsumo View Post
    I just have a question to you Rico...
    How do you hold your phone?
    Seems to Look stupid...?
    The same way I held my 3G. Only one drops signal and the other never did.

You were saying..........

I ordered mine on august 15th, and it was shipped on september 8th - so it should be arriving somewhere next week. Sucks for new iphone4 buyers though..

Thanks

It still makes no sense to me that Apple has made a problem and refuse to fix it.

What's Jailbreak? iDro Manifest's Avatar
    Thanks

Good thing I got mine yesterday it took 2weeks tho

This is the exact reason why i waited on the iphone 4
    ....,, a revised iphone4!!
    Now, when you want to sell you're 4........ you'll be asked
    to see your receipt to see whether you have the revised
    phone or not.
    Always wait a month after for reviews and possible issues

being the first geek on line and camping out for the latest and greatest is quickly losing its
    luster. Be smarter than that!
    Last edited by sharrack; 09-12-2010 at 03:42 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

The best part of having my iPhone 4 is people making fun of the antenna issue because it makes me take the phone off its cover, hand it to them, and beg them to show me this issue or else they'll have to buy me a drink.

I've gotten may drinks

The attenuation "issue" is completely non-existent if you're in an area with good reception. If anything, it's AT&T's spotty-at-best coverage that has caused this to be overblown out of proportion.

I'm a helpful jerk, fear me.

Quote Originally Posted by B-Cat View Post
    I had a real result, I got automatically refunded 25 for my bumber then I tried the case program and got sent that too lol

Thanks Apple
    Me too! I got refunded for my bumper that I purchased in the store and got a free Incase through the mail with the app. Nice!

I was denied a free bumper, I purchased my iPhone 4 through my friend who upgraded his contract. Any idea why? Its currently jailbroken/unlocked for t-mobile.

Also, about the antenna issue, I barely have that problem. If I hold it for a few minutes it'll only go down a bar or two at most.

Right now I have an Otterbox Defender case on it and I have yet to experience any issues.

so im gussing the rumors of a revised version are out the door?

I guess there should be something that apple will do after this "case program ends this month". A couple of times I had called apple care concerning my device and asked them if apple is doing something for the antenna-gate problem and they replied Yes! Apple IS working on this issue! So I guess it's better to wait for those of you who are yet to buy one!

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

This basically means Sept 30 there should be enough case owners to make those who don't have one a minority, Apple can live with those people byotch and moan about bad receptions.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast