+ Reply
Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst ... 23456 14 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Cydia Acquires Rock.app

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by dscottjr81 Same here Read my edit above yours.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dscottjr81 View Post
    Same here
    Read my edit above yours.

Livin the iPhone Life JedixJarf's Avatar
    Thanks

Well this sucks, I love cydia but I use rock everyday because it loads sooo much faster. Oh well looks like choice is now gone, I'm gonna fire up installer.app

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    this might be a BIG question but!! what features of Rock can we expect to see in cydia in the near future?

Thanks
    Thanked 8,186 Times in 2,088 Posts

No more scary moments updating Rock App, I'm all for it

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MadMan29729 View Post
    this might be a BIG question but!! what features of Rock can we expect to see in cydia in the near future?
    allready covered. goodnight. [8^\
    killall Terminal[]

Livin the iPhone Life javiert30's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by farfromovin View Post
    Sweet! The only reason I had Rock was for my intelliborn products. I really hated having to have both of them. Cydia always seemed less prone to glitches IMHO.
    Then I think you dont need a jailbreak, go ahead and restore to iOS 4.1 and stay stock...

Quote Originally Posted by rhekt View Post
    as much as i have liked the different apps Rock initially provided. Cydias acquisition of Rock is the right move.

1,431 posts and no idea what an SHSH or a "blob" is
    Blob is something slimy
    Last edited by javiert30; 09-11-2010 at 01:22 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Drive Safe with Trapster
    Speedtrap App

Thanks
    Thanked 3,856 Times in 884 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by saurik View Post
    a) Did per page wallpapers break? I will look into it. I did not know this.
    b) There are already numerous themes for the iPhone 4's retina display: WinterBoard (as opposed to SummerBoard, which many themes are designed for) should have no limitations in what it can theme.
    c) I am not in control of the speed of HTML.
    What k.nit was referring to was the uiimages for the iPhone 4 currently the only way to theme anything that is in uiimages have to use low res images. This I also true for theming the wallpaper. It seems that when you include a wallpaper.png in the theme with retina resolution the png gets doubled in size when applied through winterboard. This is also true for all uiimages as well as using the "icons" folder to theme icons

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by javiert30 View Post
    Blob is something slimy
    HA/ha. /nope/ it is by definition "an indistinct shapeless form"
    killall Terminal[]

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I honestly won't miss rock.app. It's been responsible from more bricks than anything else I've used.

Green Apple
    Thanks

b) There are already numerous themes for the iPhone 4's retina display: WinterBoard (as opposed to SummerBoard, which many themes are designed for) should have no limitations in what it can theme.
    It would be very nice to have categories like Themes compatible for iOS 4, Themes for Retina displays etc. At the moment it's like try & error.

Will Winterboard also be updated?

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

1) This is not safe, as installations sometimes do drastic modifications to the system. It really needs to not be possible to task switch while an installation is occurring. Cydia is not the App Store: there are no safe little boxes with guaranteed use cases that are drawn around the packages it installs.

2) I really want to add this, but I got a nearly unanimous response from users outside of the US that this was "evil" as it would cost them money while they were sleeping, and the power users complained that it cost memory and battery power. I am intending to approach the subject again and look into making it a configuration option.

3) This is not possible. I realize Rock does it, and it even seems to work, but it really does not. There are some horrible corner cases that come up when you have an incoming phone call that cause the entire phone to kernel panic if you try to do this. Cydia actually /used/ to do this, for like a year or so when it first came out, and I had to change it due to the issues it caused.
    How about how rock keeps track of my already purchased license so I don't have to deal with contacting the maker to get it moved to another phone. This is a must have.

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,938 Times in 1,095 Posts

as much as i have liked the different apps Rock initially provided. Cydias acquisition of Rock is the right move.

1,431 posts and no idea what an SHSH or a "blob" is
    thats 1

thanks.im pretty sure he was jus a kiddin seems like a faker account anyways
    thats 2

you forgot Thanked 752 Times in 449 Posts, no faking that
    you forgot Thanked 62 Times in 51 Posts , seems like nobody really give a **** what you have to say

I am flattered that you took the time to pick me out of the crowd and spew out a comment. I am also amazed at how you know what I supposedly must know.
    Unfortunately, you bore me son, at least come with something fun or witty but to waste your time on someone who can give 2 squirts about you and to try and impress with your logic, um 1431 posts = must know what a blob is, and then to call someone out as a "faker account", uh well ok then im just faking. but at least i am not an insignificant account.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rkswat View Post
    How about how rock keeps track of my already purchased license so I don't have to deal with contacting the maker to get it moved to another phone. This is a must have.
    This is already possible. The only thing it doesn't do is give you a nice list when you log in. If I already purchase an app and I go to buy it again and log in it will show already purchased and been links your phone to the account.

There are some apps like lockinfo irealsms bitesms and so on that use there own methods which is why you would have to contact the dev. So really that has nothing to do with cydia it has to do with the way the dev chooses to implement the purchase of there product

14. The Following User Says Thank You to subywrex For This Useful Post:

rkswat (09-11-2010)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by floppy_joe View Post
    thats 1

thats 2

you forgot Thanked 752 Times in 449 Posts, no faking that
    you forgot Thanked 62 Times in 51 Posts , seems like nobody really give a **** what you have to say

I am flattered that you took the time to pick me out of the crowd and spew out a comment. I am also amazed at how you know what I supposedly must know.
    Unfortunately, you bore me son, at least come with something fun or witty but to waste your time on someone who can give 2 squirts about you and to try and impress with your logic, um 1431 posts = must know what a blob is, and then to call someone out as a "faker account", uh well ok then im just faking. but at least i am not an insignificant account.
    stop acting like the 13 year old you are and go to sleep. dont forget to brush your teeth like your parents told you. goodnight [8^=/
    killall Terminal[]

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

how about the reviews in rock? will all of them get lost?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Well... I was more of a Rock user myself, but having a rudimentary understanding of APT, I see some of the design decision mess-ups that were done in Rock. I just wish searches were faster in Cydia, searching after you've filled everything in rather than as you type, though I'm not sure if search as you type is mandatory in apt.

Thanks

I also have no clue why people like the look of rock. ITS SO OUT DATED AND F ING UGLY lol

Livin the iPhone Life iNT3Rv3NTiONZz's Avatar
    Thanks

Very interesting, I'm gna hate only using cydia tho, rock was good to use when I wna have a quick browse through dome themes cause you don't have to hang around for the infamous loading screens

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

iPhone4 16gb black - 4.1 Limera1ned
    iPhone 3G 16gb white - 3.1.2 jailbroken
    Blackra1ned
    THANKYOU ONCE AGAIN GEOHOT!

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,938 Times in 1,095 Posts

stop acting like the 13 year old you are and go to sleep. dont forget to brush your teeth like your parents told you. goodnight [8^=/
    really? embarrassing. move on.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,141 Times in 891 Posts

Stop, and move on. Stay on topic.
    Last edited by Cer0; 09-11-2010 at 02:24 AM.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cer0 For This Useful Post:

floppy_joe (09-11-2010), mortopher (09-13-2010)