+ Reply
Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1321222324 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Cydia Acquires Rock.app

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by Semferon Why everybody tries to create monopoly? Congratulations saurik... do you feel better now that there are no other options left but cydia? Leave jailbreaking scene free...
    iPhone? More like MyPhone fc97accord's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Semferon View Post
    Why everybody tries to create monopoly?

Congratulations saurik... do you feel better now that there are no other options left but cydia?

Leave jailbreaking scene free... that was the point back in the days...

you could enter a free world where nobody was setting rules... a world where you could choose on your own...

Now what!? Icy is gone, Rock is gone, Cydia lives... just like second Apple...

I am not particularly against Cydia because i use it a lot... but please Give ROCK back to those who liked it!!! otherwise it is an unfair game...
    It should not be considered a monopoly rather a community! It is a big difference.

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

I come from a land down under (Australia)
    Thanks

This thread is pointless and people will argue forever. I would like to see this closed.
    Can I play with madness?
    Follow me on twitter
    If you like what I say, hit the button, you know which one

Thanks

Second

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AlanWattus View Post
    This thread is pointless and people will argue forever. I would like to see this closed.
    True people will always argue, buy without dialogue people will never learn.

There really is nothing wrong with arguing as long as it is constructively!

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

I come from a land down under (Australia)
    Thanks

But what is going on here is getting out of hand because people are starting to get nasty
    Can I play with madness?
    Follow me on twitter
    If you like what I say, hit the button, you know which one

My iPhone is a Part of Me Trist@n's Avatar
    Thanks

TOTALLY AGREE...I third the motion to close this thread...Only ONE certain individual is responding to EVERY SINGLE POST and every other one that is responded to is rude and condescending

I can not believe that this individual is still allowed to post and it is because of this that no one even wants to be a part of this thread. Nothing else will ever be accomplished here.

Pressing the "THANKS" Button lets us know we are helping you!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by paganizonda83 View Post
    You registered in order to make this debut post?

Please read the threads before you post things such as this. Just about every single thing you've stated has already been discussed by numerous members, if not by Saurik himself.

Welcome to MMI, troll.
    I followed this site almost from very beginning... i just never had a reason to register... iPhone is not a part of me i have other stuff to care about.

You could be a little more polite... you know...
    nobody makes you sit and read my post...

Those are my thoughts and i have little care what people people think of them... don't take everything seriously...

People make mistakes... deal with it!(not to mention i doubt that most people will care enough to read all posts)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Semferon View Post
    People make mistakes... deal with it!(not to mention i doubt that most people will care enough to read all posts)
    That might be true, but if your not going to care about reading trough at least half the thread you should not go and post in a 30 pages long thread...
    specially not with a bunch of common questions and comments that have surely already been discussed and answered, no need to just bring them up again, at least if you don't have anything new to add

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Leonick91 View Post
    That might be true, but if your not going to care about reading trough at least half the thread you should not go and post in a 30 pages long thread...
    specially not with a bunch of common questions and comments that have surely already been discussed and answered, no need to just bring them up again, at least if you don't have anything new to add
    I will have to agree, certainly a search on this websites search function could answer most of the questions here and elsewhere.

Though at the same time its best to always be civil!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Roc Username and Password
    I had a ROCK account with several app purchases including MYWI which I want to reinstall. I recently upgraded to 4.1 and jailbroke with sn0breeze. I used the aptback app and was able to retrive my GOC Pro theme but when I try to reload my other apps including Mywi I am asked to validate my device by entering my username and password. My information I used does not validate. Is there a way to retreive this or reset this? I really really want these apps back again.

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by journey2swole View Post
    I had a ROCK account with several app purchases including MYWI which I want to reinstall. I recently upgraded to 4.1 and jailbroke with sn0breeze. I used the aptback app and was able to retrive my GOC Pro theme but when I try to reload my other apps including Mywi I am asked to validate my device by entering my username and password. My information I used does not validate. Is there a way to retreive this or reset this? I really really want these apps back again.
    Saurik posted earlier in the thread:

This is because the package id of that package changed. ModMyi is responsible for these package ids, but frankly I am more than willing to believe that there were numerous other concerns that came in to play as to why Kyle chose that different package id for this package in particular (most of the packages Kyle has chosen the "correct" package id for). I am glad that you did not run into any licensing issues: the incorrect package id also caused that mechanism to not work, but this was noticed and fixed pseudo-manually.
    He was talking about a different issue, but I do believe that your problem stems from the same issue. Aptback is just requesting a version of the packages with a different ID than what is registered to your Cydia account now.

Thanks

^ Either that, or like the other few morons who have posted the same thing, you bought that other crap with a different Facebook/Google account. Check every acct you own.. twice.. before bothering Saurik.
    Anybody want a 32GB Mint Condition Black JB Unlocked 3GS? PM me with offers.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by reanimationxp View Post
    ^ Either that, or like the other few morons who have posted the same thing, you bought that other crap with a different Facebook/Google account. Check every acct you own.. twice.. before bothering Saurik.
    Actually, I only have one Google account and have had the same account since I opened it. Only one FB account as well but it is only two months old.

Once I enter my Google account info it takes me to a secondary screen where I am asked for my Rock username and password.

I was hopeful of finding an answer here so as to not have to bother Saurik.

Thanks

^ Everyone thinks they're right. Log in to Cydia with every account you own, associate your device (and your RockID) and try to download the apps you're missing.
    Anybody want a 32GB Mint Condition Black JB Unlocked 3GS? PM me with offers.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks for the help everyone. I will get it figured out and working.

Thanks

where is this Cydia store at? so i can get my license back? i got apps that don't work since Rock was disabled??

Please advise?

I have sent emails with no replies and have searched online for a link or a way into the Cydia store without having to buy something?? any help would be great....

thx

Thanks

Just follow the steps as if you were going to buy one of the apps that you already purchased in Rock. Before you get to the final page to actually purchase the app it will have you log in and then it should show that the app has already been purchased and is ready to be installed.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to mortopher For This Useful Post:

kakashi360 (10-05-2010)

Thanks

Thanks for the info ... only problem now is that is not in the Cydia store not does it give me an option to buy ha ha ha ......

wish this was planned out better rather then shutting it off as quickly as they did... " sigh "

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kakashi360 View Post
    Thanks for the info ... only problem now is that is not in the Cydia store not does it give me an option to buy ha ha ha ......

wish this was planned out better rather then shutting it off as quickly as they did... " sigh "
    Ah. What app was it? Most of the apps (especially the Intelliborn apps) were carried over almost immediately, but a few apps required some additional discussion between SaurikIT and the devs.

Thanks

CallClear