+ Reply
Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Cydia Acquires Rock.app

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
So should I just go ahead and remove Rock from my packages?
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Remove ROCK?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by philly0429 View Post
    Yes, as I understand it, and as others have confirmed, all the info was transferred over to Cydia. I was concerned about Intelliscreen and other apps that required the Rock app download, but I deleted Rock and haven't had any issues.

Thanks

@Saurik:

What's your response to the need for a way to view all Cydia purchases associated with your account? I've purchased apps and since forgotten I've purchased them. Granted this won't prevent me from installing, but I'd like to know. Rock did have that one-up on Cydia.
    Anybody want a 32GB Mint Condition Black JB Unlocked 3GS? PM me with offers.

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by reanimationxp View Post
    @Saurik:

What's your response to the need for a way to view all Cydia purchases associated with your account? I've purchased apps and since forgotten I've purchased them. Granted this won't prevent me from installing, but I'd like to know. Rock did have that one-up on Cydia.
    That would be a great update. I get frustrated having to go search through my PayPal transactions to find the names of the lesser used apps that I have purchased.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by saurik View Post
    Most of the support issues with one-off account mechanisms rapidly become "I lost my password". Having users log in using external accounts like Google or Facebook is awesome for users, because it means that you have multi-billion dollar companies handling your login-related support requests. Please provide actual reasons why this is "********".
    Quote Originally Posted by paganizonda83 View Post
    That would be a great update. I get frustrated having to go search through my PayPal transactions to find the names of the lesser used apps that I have purchased.
    @saurik the above is the main reason accounts are needed. I want to know what I purchased and I want to know what devices I have linked to that account and be able to unlink devices you do not want on the account. This would also allow you to make purchases on a computer than iPhone/iPod as well. I hate sites that go directly to something else to make purchases without some account on their part.

As for the whole password thing make the user logins the email address and what ever password they want. Then if they have issues email a recovery password and force a reset on the next login. If they no longer have that email account becuase they did not want to change it when they got rid of it tough luck.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sekazi View Post
    @saurik the above is the main reason accounts are needed. I want to know what I purchased and I want to know what devices I have linked to that account and be able to unlink devices you do not want on the account. This would also allow you to make purchases on a computer than iPhone/iPod as well. I hate sites that go directly to something else to make purchases without some account on their part.

As for the whole password thing make the user logins the email address and what ever password they want. Then if they have issues email a recovery password and force a reset on the next login. If they no longer have that email account becuase they did not want to change it when they got rid of it tough luck.
    What? Seriously? You don't have an account on Cydia? I do. I just want the list of purchases added to it.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

What? Seriously? You don't have an account on Cydia? I do. I just want the list of purchases added to it.
    If I do have a account them please tell me how to view it. As far as I can tell you just click purchase and log into you Google account and make a purchase though PayPal. As far as I can tell Cydia has no type of account at all.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,049 Times in 414 Posts

Also, keep in mind that what you may perceive as "immaturity" could be due to the fact that a surprisingly high percentage of key members of this community are 22 years old or younger... You can usually see a huge difference in how the older members of the community (Kyle, Saurik, Semaphore, MuscleNerd) present themselves compared to some of the younger members (GeoHot, GoJohnnyBoi, etc.).
    Iam sorry bro but what do you work for Saurik or somthing! You spend more time here fighting for him then he does himself ! Kinda wierd thats all! Its cool though shows that you care about the community you are in, but damn dude let people talk with out ridiculing them everytime!

I agree with Cricket this thread sould be closed because were getting no where but frustration and opinions....no facts or solutions

you know what they say about opinions right? There like assh0les everybodies got them and the stink! Iam no different....Saurik if you read this post Thank you for your time and trying to do what you can, there is alot of people including myself that just dont understand what it really takes to run cydia!

I hope in the near future we can see some legitt changes and maybe JUST MAYBE we can see a theme tab for just paid themes! just a suggestion from a fellow themer so please dont beat me up over it! =)

Thanks....thought ide drop in and throw in my two cents "as if it even matters", but Iam concerned where this is all going....weeks and lots of posts with no update for Cydia yet and no real solution for me and my fellow themers
    Last edited by FreeApple; 09-23-2010 at 07:59 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FreeApple View Post
    Iam sorry bro but what do you work for Saurik or somthing! You spend more time here fighting for him then he does himself ! Kinda wierd thats all! Its cool though shows that you care about the community you are in, but damn dude let people talk with out ridiculing them everytime!

I agree with Cricket this thread sould be closed because were getting no where but frustration and opinions....no facts or solutions

you know what they say about opinions right? There like assh0les everybodies got them and the stink! Iam no different....Saurik if you read this post Thank you for your time and trying to do what you can, there is alot of people including myself that just dont understand what it really takes to run cydia!

I hope in the near future we can see some legitt changes and maybe JUST MAYBE we can see a theme tab for just paid themes! just a suggestion from a fellow themer so please dont beat me up over it! =)

Thanks....thought ide drop in and throw in my two cents "as if it even matters", but Iam concerned where this is all going....weeks and lots of posts with no update for Cydia yet and no real solution for me and my fellow themers
    Please, work on your grammar if you want your opinions to be taken seriously.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Trist@n's Avatar
    Thanks

Please, work on your grammar if you want your opinions to be taken seriously.
    Please work on your attitude and the way you respond to people. The previous poster is absolutely correct...you seem to stick your nose into every single post and it is getting old, tiresome and totally unproductive!

Saurik is a man that can answer for himself and does not need individuals like you to interject a comment on every single post. You are insulting, unproductive and act like you are a moderator which you are not!!!

Myself and I am sure many many others ask that you cease and desist with your response to every single post as you are doing nothing constructive or productive other then pissing people off that have questions or concerns.

PLEASE BACK OFF AND LEAVE THIS THREAD...THANK YOU
    Last edited by Trist@n; 09-23-2010 at 09:18 PM.

Pressing the "THANKS" Button lets us know we are helping you!

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trist@n For This Useful Post:

blkcadi (09-24-2010), FreeApple (09-24-2010)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,133 Times in 883 Posts

STOP!

Do not go into bashing each other here. (Which this is heading quickly there.) Please stay on topic about the Cydia/Rock matter.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cer0 For This Useful Post:

FreeApple (09-24-2010), Trist@n (09-23-2010)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,175 Times in 5,679 Posts

What the heck guys, chill out for goodness sakes..............or take it outside. lolz

15. The Following User Says Thank You to blkcadi For This Useful Post:

FreeApple (09-24-2010)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sekazi View Post
    If I do have a account them please tell me how to view it. As far as I can tell you just click purchase and log into you Google account and make a purchase though PayPal. As far as I can tell Cydia has no type of account at all.
    What more do you need for an account? I don't think there's a need to create an entirely independent account system. The system in place could certainly use a few improvements (adding a purchased items list is a great example), but overall it seems more than adequate.

Quote Originally Posted by Trist@n View Post
    Please work on your attitude and the way you respond to people. The previous poster is absolutely correct...you seem to stick your nose into every single post and it is getting old, tiresome and totally unproductive!

Saurik is a man that can answer for himself and does not need individuals like you to interject a comment on every single post. You are insulting, unproductive and act like you are a moderator which you are not!!!

Myself and I am sure many many others ask that you cease and desist with your response to every single post as you are doing nothing constructive or productive other then pissing people off that have questions or concerns.

PLEASE BACK OFF AND LEAVE THIS THREAD...THANK YOU
    If something that I say is wrong or misleading then please point it out. All I've been doing is pointing out errors in logic, attempting to help others (and myself) better understand why things are being done a certain way, and engaging in general discussion of this merger.
    Last edited by mortopher; 09-23-2010 at 10:18 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

17. The Following User Says Thank You to mortopher For This Useful Post:

reanimationxp (09-24-2010)

iPhone? More like MyPhone fc97accord's Avatar
    Thanks

What more do you need for an account? I don't think there's a need to create an entirely independent account system. The system in place could certainly use a few improvements (adding a purchased items list is a great example), but overall it seems more than adequate.

If something that I say is wrong or misleading then please point it out. All I've been doing is pointing out errors in logic, attempting to help others (and myself) better understand why things are being done a certain way, and engaging in general discussion of this merger.
    You have very poor PR skills! How did you feel about that comment?
    Its true and direct, but not the best way to present it. Try to be more diplomatic!! You are dealing with people not computers!

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fc97accord For This Useful Post:

FreeApple (09-24-2010), Trist@n (09-24-2010)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,175 Times in 5,679 Posts

Infractions have been issued, stay on topic, stop the bashing or this thread will indeed be closed.
    Closing a thread is not what we really want, intelligent discussion is what we strive for.

Thanks

Mentlegen, let's not get butthurt over each other expressing opinions. Please don't close the thread.. Saurik has been and continues to be most informational and helpful here.

Patiently awaiting @Saurik's response to the need for a listing of purchased packages (across all repos)
    Anybody want a 32GB Mint Condition Black JB Unlocked 3GS? PM me with offers.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to reanimationxp For This Useful Post:

mortopher (09-24-2010)

iPhone? More like MyPhone spooneditr's Avatar
    Thanks

Rock's backup feature will be coming to Cydia. Rock only had faster loading because it did not honor APT correctly, so there were numerous buggy situations where you got screwed: there was even a recent time when Rock was screwing up an installation so core that everyone had to restore... Rock's speed was just because it was sloppy.[/QUOTE]

How do we really know if we got screwed and how or what should I look for so I don't run into these problems because I'd really like to know. If someone knows a forums about this pls let me know. Thanks

Your mom has "spirit" but I used my "pwnage tool" on her all night long and "ultrasn0wed" all over her. haha

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by spooneditr View Post
    Rock's backup feature will be coming to Cydia. Rock only had faster loading because it did not honor APT correctly, so there were numerous buggy situations where you got screwed: there was even a recent time when Rock was screwing up an installation so core that everyone had to restore... Rock's speed was just because it was sloppy.
    How do we really know if we got screwed and how or what should I look for so I don't run into these problems because I'd really like to know. If someone knows a forums about this pls let me know. Thanks
    The way to be most certain about it all would be to do a full restore and jailbreak the phone again as now Rock won't be a part of the process at all anymore. However, if you've been using the phone with the current setup for a while now, you should be fine. AFAIK they are pretty instantaneous issues and you'd have noticed the issues by now if they applied to your phone.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Nooooooo!!!!!!!!
    Why everybody tries to create monopoly?

Congratulations saurik... do you feel better now that there are no other options left but cydia?

Leave jailbreaking scene free... that was the point back in the days...

you could enter a free world where nobody was setting rules... a world where you could choose on your own...

Now what!? Icy is gone, Rock is gone, Cydia lives... just like second Apple...

I am not particularly against Cydia because i use it a lot... but please Give ROCK back to those who liked it!!! otherwise it is an unfair game...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Semferon View Post
    Why everybody tries to create monopoly?

Congratulations saurik... do you feel better now that there are no other options left but cydia?

Leave jailbreaking scene free... that was the point back in the days...

you could enter a free world where nobody was setting rules... a world where you could choose on your own...

Now what!? Icy is gone, Rock is gone, Cydia lives... just like second Apple...

I am not particularly against Cydia because i use it a lot... but please Give ROCK back to those who liked it!!! otherwise it is an unfair game...
    You registered in order to make this debut post?

Please read the threads before you post things such as this. Just about every single thing you've stated has already been discussed by numerous members, if not by Saurik himself.

Welcome to MMI, troll.