+ Reply
Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 1234 12 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Cydia Acquires Rock.app

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Congrats to both Saurik and psuskeels. Your contribution and support to the iPhone community is immensely appreciated
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Congrats to both Saurik and psuskeels.
    Your contribution and support to the iPhone community is immensely appreciated

Green Apple
    Thanks

Sweet! The only reason I had Rock was for my intelliborn products. I really hated having to have both of them. Cydia always seemed less prone to glitches IMHO.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Trooper Sam's Avatar
    Thanks

This will definitely please those that had technical issues with Rock. I just hope the transition for those of us with Intelliborn apps will go smoothly.

Well, I'm certain we won't get screwed, but there may be a holdup or two.

Thanks

oh SNAP! this is crazy news. ive been with Rock since it had but a few apps intelliscreen. tlert. elert. intelidial. i think maybe 1 or two more. jesus\ i think this will be good though. especially with extentions.
    killall Terminal[]

Green Apple
    Thanks

Ok. What does it tell you when even the iPhone dev team doesn't support rock? Rock is a great concept. I will admit that. But sadly it lacks the architecture to live up to the idea. Rock actually killed my phones NAND. Idk how but it did. Cydia is slow because a lot of hard work went into it. Saurik did a great Job with it. So don't be complaining. Cydia is still the best 3rd party app downloader out there.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    so will cydia be getting rock apps

1. minimize on confirm? (install while still browsing for apps)
    2. check for updates like rock app (even when closed)
    3. soft reboot upon exit rather than immediately?

7. The Following User Says Thank You to MadMan29729 For This Useful Post:

TXBigDave (09-12-2010)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JazJon View Post
    hmmm, yeah I hope the new Cydia has Rock like speed. I don't like how Cydia shows new apps/updates. It piles in 100's of new Themes when I all want to see are apps.

So my request is:

Improve the speed
    Let us filter out the Themes from what's new
    A. He (Saurik) already explained why it's slower. Personally I don't mind if cydia is a little slower if it's doing things correctly.
    B. (in cydia) if you click on sections in the bottom bar, then edit button, you can turn off the ones you don't want to see.

Green Apple
    Thanks

This was a long time coming. Personally I understand the cydia is a much more technologically stable app but the apps withing cydia are aimed at the public and the public want better support, and usability, from there third party app store and that's rock. If cydia is here for the long haul then Saurik needs to take cydia and implement some of the rock functionality, make it more average person friendly and not so dev friendly

Developer
    Thanks

It piles in 100's of new Themes when I all want to see are apps.
    You can disable categories in Cydia.

"The Chuck Bass of Theming" k.nitsua's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,214 Times in 2,596 Posts

hmmm, yeah I hope the new Cydia has Rock like speed. I don't like how Cydia shows new apps/updates. It piles in 100's of new Themes when I all want to see are apps.

So my request is:

Improve the speed
    You can already filter out themes. Open cydia, go to sections, press edit, and turn off the sections you don't care for.

I'm all for competition, but a united jailbreak community will be beneficial for all of us... Whatever gets Saurik back to updating WinterBoard (per page wallpapers, retina display UI, faster HTML wallpaper loads on the iPhone 4, etc).

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to k.nitsua For This Useful Post:

ALIEN1974 (09-11-2010), floppy_joe (09-11-2010), knd775 (09-11-2010), redwolf (09-11-2010)

iPhone? More like MyPhone brianlg's Avatar
    Thanks

thank.god.

Thanks

This is a shame, Cydia should become Rock.

Rock loads everything a million times faster then Cydia. Everything about the UI is better and more efficient.

What's Jailbreak? Electrodaktylus's Avatar
    Thanks
    Cydia Rocks!!!!
    Last edited by Electrodaktylus; 09-11-2010 at 12:16 AM. Reason: F@#$ You N#$%a cause I can!

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Electrodaktylus For This Useful Post:

Aldog18 (09-11-2010), knd775 (09-11-2010), o3okevin (09-11-2010)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,141 Times in 891 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Treeml View Post
    This is a shame, Cydia should become Rock.

Rock loads everything a million times faster then Cydia. Everything about the UI is better and more efficient.
    Please read Saurik's response to why it loads faster.

Green Apple
    Thanks

lol Can you say monopoly? Isn't that what users jailbroke for? So they can truly "think differently". Don't get me wrong I love cydia and I fully understand the concept of "If you don't like it create your own". I just find it slightly ironic.

Alwelt Congrats saruik and thanks for for everything you do (and continue to do) to contribute to the community.

EDIT: BTW does this mean I can finally get rid of all those crappy rock extensions?

Developer
    Thanks

Default Cydia's Section Edit Feature

So my request is:

Improve the speed
    Cydia has had this feature for two years now: click Sections, then click Edit, then turn off themes.

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to saurik For This Useful Post:

a_lunatic (09-11-2010), FATE43 (09-12-2010), Kyle Matthews (09-11-2010), mortopher (09-11-2010), reddawg (09-11-2010), SkeleDork (09-11-2010)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,141 Times in 891 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Forgoten Dynasty View Post
    lol Can you say monopoly? Isn't that what users jailbroke for? So they can truly "think differently". Don't get me wrong I love cydia and I fully understand the concept of "If you don't like it create your own". I just find it slightly ironic.

Alwelt Congrats saruik and thanks for for everything you do (and continue to do) to contribute to the community.
    Yea but Saurik isn't blocking anything. You can install anything you want or put in your own repo.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Cer0 For This Useful Post:

RocketshipVirus (09-12-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Does this mean no morse rock extensions to install which so many people hate on

Developer
    Thanks

Default Cydia Is Not Centralized
    Quote Originally Posted by Forgoten Dynasty View Post

Most users jailbreak because the things possible on a jailbroken phone are fundamentally different than what is possible on a non-jailbroken phone. Once you jailbreak, with Cydia, you can do whatever you want: there are even repositories for Cydia carrying illegal content; I really have no control over you. Also, many of the largest developers still use no store, but are available in Cydia, and even come from default repositories: they are sold on their own website but installable using Cydia.

25. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to saurik For This Useful Post:

a_lunatic (09-11-2010), Cer0 (09-11-2010), hfelsh (09-11-2010), knd775 (09-11-2010), mortopher (09-11-2010), rhekt (09-11-2010), SkeleDork (09-11-2010), trolius (09-11-2010), Trooper Sam (09-11-2010)

My iPhone is a Part of Me wolverinemarky's Avatar
    Thanks

wow cant believe this i love cydia so this is good news for me one place to get everything and now i wont have to look in both places