Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 22 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Cydia Acquires Rock.app

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Good post, but I do have to agree in part with rest_easy, I hated that it was installed like the yahoo toolbar. If I really wanted it, I'd install it manually off Cydia or ssh it in.
    If I somehow helped you, press thanks

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

Please use Rocks UI and loading times and backup etc

I prefer the Rock UI soooo much more and it's speed...

Thinking about it Cydia's UI is soo stock, I hate it. Rock was soo nice and none of that ****** reloading times >_<
    Last edited by MetallicaFan1991; 09-11-2010 at 03:14 PM.

MBP 15" 2.66Ghz Core 2 Duo Nvidia 9400M 9600GT 256MB OS X 10.6.4 Windows 7 June 2009
    iPhone 4 August 28th

Quote Originally Posted by TCcentex View Post
    ditto, ditto, and mother-****ing ditto ToyVan... I think you addressed every themers concerns who's names don't rhyme with marsoldercleats

I had to read that a few times before I actually got it! hahaha

Thanks
    Thanked 1,972 Times in 876 Posts

@saurik...

i'd like to make one very big request on behalf of all the theme creators here (if you're a themer and you don't agree, I apologize for speaking on your behalf...), and even all the app developers....

PLEASE remove the "featured apps/themes" section on the front page of Cydia and replace it with a rolling-display of the new and most popular apps & themes. Rock did this, and from their business perspective it was an AMAZING approach. They would constantly roll whatever themes & apps were actually being purchased/downloaded to give more exposure to the creators of said packages, and it really encouraged competition among the devs to produce quality work. If an app or theme wasn't good enough, it fell off the list and into obscurity like it should. If a new theme or app is submitted, give the dev a chance to put it in front of the community, and if it's good enough to last, then it should. If not, bye-bye, try again and better luck next time. Rock's featured apps/themes front-page even went as far as only displaying said packages to users who's devices didn't have them already installed on their devices, and it was a very fair and effective method.

The current format is very out of date, and very limited to a few developers and that's not fair. PLEASE consider this -- it will only encourage the work being submitted to be better and better, and the public will be better off for it.

Thank you Jay.
    Last edited by TCcentex; 09-11-2010 at 03:45 PM.

5. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to TCcentex For This Useful Post:

Andre8521 (09-13-2010), bignick85 (09-12-2010), JayQuint87 (09-11-2010), toyvan (09-11-2010), Trist@n (09-19-2010), XavierAlucard (09-11-2010)

Correct me someone who really knows this stuff if I am wrong... But last pages have been a lot of complaining about the amounts of ads in cydia and people saying it was less in rock.

To my knowledge neither app has any ads at all...All the ads you see when using Cydia or Rock are on the repositories your viewing and not the app itself. Every time you read the description or look at screenshots of a package in either app your loading a html page from the repository hosting the package.

As I said, anyone who knows this stuff, please correct me if I am wrong...

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

ditto, ditto, and mother-****ing ditto ToyVan... I think you addressed every themers concerns who's names don't rhyme with marsoldercleats
    Jealous much?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by paganizonda83 View Post
    Jealous much?
    only that the gal in your avatar isn't sitting in my lap

i want to elaborate on my original comment because I was obviously misunderstood. My point has NOTHING to do with jealosy. I challenge you to take a new member to the jailbreak community, put 10 themes in front of them WITHOUT THE NAME OF THE THEME CREATOR ATTACHED and let's see who comes out on top. All I was pointing out is that you put me or any of the other themers that have any level of success and a good theme or two on the "Featured List" smack-dab on the front-page of what is now the ONLY place to purchase and dowmload these themes, and we'd have the same level of success as it's current inhabitants.
    Last edited by TCcentex; 09-12-2010 at 10:57 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 730 Posts

Once this begins and Saurik starts acquiring companies to grow in the jailbreaking world, the target on his head from apple just got a lot bigger. He may have very well moved himself into the firing area.
    Screw #Winning, I'm #Juanning
    iMac 27" i5 quad 2.8Ghz (1TB), MacBook Pro 17" 2.6, iPhone 4s

ADS:

only that the gal in your avatar isn't sitting in my lap
    yea and if you go view the same pages in rock they will be there too, those ads arnt in cydia or rock itself just as there isnt a single ad in firefox or safari they are on the pages you load from the repositories

Thanks

edited due to misinformation - i apologize, I didn't fully understand what I was talking about.
    Last edited by TCcentex; 09-12-2010 at 07:05 AM.

edit: nevermind
    Last edited by radioboy; 09-11-2010 at 04:29 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Patato22's Avatar
    Thanks

@saurik...

i'd like to make one very big request on behalf of all the theme creators here (if you're a themer and you don't agree, I apologize for speaking on your behalf...), and even all the app developers....

PLEASE remove the "featured apps/themes" section on the front page of Cydia and replace it with a rolling-display of the new and most popular apps & themes. Rock did this, and from their business perspective it was an AMAZING approach. They would constantly roll whatever themes & apps were actually being purchased/downloaded to give more exposure to the creators of said packages, and it really encouraged competition among the devs to produce quality work. If an app or theme wasn't good enough, it fell off the list and into obscurity like it should. If a new theme or app is submitted, give the dev a chance to put it in front of the community, and if it's good enough to last, then it should. If not, bye-bye, try again and better luck next time. Rock's featured apps/themes front-page even went as far as only displaying said packages to users who's devices didn't have them already installed on their devices, and it was a very fair and effective method.

The current format is very out of date, and very limited to a few developers and that's not fair. PLEASE consider this -- it will only encourage the work being submitted to be better and better, and the public will be better off for it.

Thank you Jay.
    Agree cydia never upgrade ****. The home page is the same. Yeah they change it 2 day ago but the featured theme & app are the sameeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee lOl
    iPhone 4 Black 16GB JailBroken waiting for unlock

Not complaining about the ads -- saurik works his tail off and should take any means possible to generate more revenue to allow for continued improvements and earn as much income which he is more than entitled to. Was just answering your question.
    Yea I am not complaining about them either,just saying I don't think they really are on Cydia and their profits don't go to Saurik but to the repositories they are shown on, and they need them to keep the servers everything is hosted on up

Quote Originally Posted by subywrex View Post
    Blaming cydia for a repo not loading right is like blaming safari for someones website going down.

Errors in repos have nothing to do with cydia. It has yo do with the server the repo is hosted on.
    Um, yes, I understand that. I'm blaming Cydia for how it handles repositories that are down. I love Cydia, and think it's a great app, I'm just expressing a personal issue with it.
    On another note I'm sorry for taking so long to respond, Modmyi is popular and my life is busy =P

Quote Originally Posted by tccentex View Post
    @saurik...

I'd like to make one very big request on behalf of all the theme creators here (if you're a themer and you don't agree, i apologize for speaking on your behalf...), and even all the app developers....

please remove the "featured apps/themes" section on the front page of cydia and replace it with a rolling-display of the new and most popular apps & themes. rock did this, and from their business perspective it was an amazing approach. They would constantly roll whatever themes & apps were actually being purchased/downloaded to give more exposure to the creators of said packages, and it really encouraged competition among the devs to produce quality work. If an app or theme wasn't good enough, it fell off the list and into obscurity like it should. If a new theme or app is submitted, give the dev a chance to put it in front of the community, and if it's good enough to last, then it should. If not, bye-bye, try again and better luck next time. Rock's featured apps/themes front-page even went as far as only displaying said packages to users who's devices didn't have them already installed on their devices, and it was a very fair and effective method.

the current format is very out of date, and very limited to a few developers and that's not fair. please consider this -- it will only encourage the work being submitted to be better and better, and the public will be better off for it.

Thank you jay.
    +1000000000000000000000000000000

17. The Following User Says Thank You to subywrex For This Useful Post:

TCcentex (09-13-2010)

Any one else having any problems viewing any app that is posted by modmyi.com? Worked fine yesterday and today they won't load at all to even view and if I try to download anyway it says "size mismatch"

I won't really miss rock. The last two times I used it I ended up having some sort of error that required a restore. The speed and UI is great but I don't enjoy restoring.

How the transfer going to work with apps like iblacklist . I purchased via rock and when I got my iPhone 4 just signed into rock and licence transferred now when a jailbreak for 4.1 is released there probably won't be a rock to get my licence .

Awesome! I was never a fan of Rock and really disliked that I had to have it installed to run certain apps. Looks like that will be coming to an end. :-)

Excited to see where this goes!
    21.5" iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core i3 l 15" MacBook Pro 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7 l 17" PowerBook 1.67 GHz
    iPhone 4 32 GB l  TV 160 GB l 32 GB iPad

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Phil_ellis View Post
    How the transfer going to work with apps like iblacklist . I purchased via rock and when I got my iPhone 4 just signed into rock and licence transferred now when a jailbreak for 4.1 is released there probably won't be a rock to get my licence .
    Read the posts! I already answered this.

Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast