+ Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: MewSeek 2.5-1 UPDATE for iOS 4 REVIEW

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
"Daily limit for using the SkreemR search service (maximum 10 searches/day) -IP limit for using the SkreemR search service (maximum 25 searches/IP)" Are you fracking kidding me? 25 searches... EVER?
    My iPhone is a Part of Me politicalslug's Avatar
    Thanks

"Daily limit for using the SkreemR search service (maximum 10 searches/day) -IP limit for using the SkreemR search service (maximum 25 searches/IP)"

Are you fracking kidding me? 25 searches... EVER? That's messed up. $10? You must be joking. I know you can jump through hoops to change your cellular IP, but that's a ridiculous requirement.
    They can have my jailbreak when they pry it from my cold dead fingers.

Thanks

Metallica (as shown in the image) is not public domain. I'm not saying that I haven't downloaded music like the next guy or should be regarded as a saint for that matter, but I would like to see this site stop making excuses on the issue of piracy. Just as it is very unlikely for one to download the application associated with stealing and installing cracked ipas for a "preview" the same is true for Mewseek. Even the most optimistic in the legality and morals of others actions would not say the first purpose of Mewseek is to download public domain music. While there are honest people who may legitimately use this for public domain music there are far more doing the opposite.

While I have read the disclaimer in the OP stating Mewseek does not host the files, or encourage illegally downloading music the same is true of torrent sites, warez sites, and the cracking sites for apps. Before you say those are all for illegal uses; 1. There are legitimate torrents (ie: jailbreaking applications, Nine Inch Nails albums etc), 2. warez sites have offered / displayed open-source applications (for reasons I fail to understand), 3. the cracking sites / apps feature free apps without the need for the app store (if you happen to not live in a supported country [however that license agreement broken is a whole other story]).

In closing I ask that the moderators leave my comments for other members to read. I feel I explained my viewpoint in a polite manner and would appreciate the respect of my comment being left visible. I understand the legal threat of Apple which prevents the use of discussing cracked apps, but to excuse other forms of piracy and defend it is highly hypocritical.

P.S. Please pardon any errors in sentence structure etc. I did a quick proofread.
    Last edited by kwall; 09-10-2010 at 11:09 PM.
    Need Assistance? Read Here Tutorial On How to Know Everything

Thanks

/lnsa,.dbmhbmnAS X>.,/A,S/.K,A;LISWK.asmm.JLKJX.KJKUX663TU3TEUYG***UHhkjhaks dykuhbjb/.???,x./k/??

what this reminds me of and if any of you have tried it is SC68 Player. in concept and Ui Only.
    killall Terminal[]

Green Apple
    Thanks

Anyone else not getting past the launch screen?

Running 2.5-1 on iOS4 on iPhone 4 and it crashes at the TOS screen everytime.

*puts his $10 away*
    Last edited by arcsbite; 09-11-2010 at 12:17 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Silencer_0 View Post
    So does it still delete the songs you downloaded once you sync with iTunes?
    Anyone?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Yes

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BlackHoleSlam1994 View Post
    i have it but i want the registered version and i can't find any place to buy a paypal card anyone want to tell me like a convenient store please was at mall and couldn't think of a place that has it also do they make 10 paypal cards
    There's no such thing as a 'PayPal Card' all you need is a bank account there is no need for a credit card you just won't be able to make instant payments so you'll have to pay via eCheque which is like a real cheque but digital.

So sign up for PayPal if you haven't already, link your bank account and then you'll be able to buy it. I hope this helps you.
    Internet killed the video star.

Livin the iPhone Life iNT3Rv3NTiONZz's Avatar
    Thanks

I wudve bought this when it first came out, but the price is ott

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

iPhone4 16gb black - 4.1 Limera1ned
    iPhone 3G 16gb white - 3.1.2 jailbroken
    Blackra1ned
    THANKYOU ONCE AGAIN GEOHOT!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default mewseek problem
    hi guys don't know what to do, got this message,
    your music library cannot be read music will not be able to be added to ipod can u guys help thanks.

Green Apple
    Thanks

wait so they add the music into your ipod? if so nice! definitely worth the $10

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quick question. Wouldn't you be able to manually move the downloaded files to the iPod app via ifile or something similar?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Chris3k2 For This Useful Post:

koolmart1 (09-11-2010)

Thanks

No u can't manually add songs to iPod library by just moving them around , u need to sync

[IMG]http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/9703/modu.gif[/IMG]

Livin the iPhone Life iNT3Rv3NTiONZz's Avatar
    Thanks

this app is good but is it really worth a tenner just to b able to put music straight from downloads into iPod? especially now that syncing time has dramtically decreased with iTunes 10/ iOS4

iPhone4 16gb black - 4.1 Limera1ned
    iPhone 3G 16gb white - 3.1.2 jailbroken
    Blackra1ned
    THANKYOU ONCE AGAIN GEOHOT!

Thanks

when your on the go with no laptop , then yes syncing on the go is perfect...lets say your a musician as well and someone emails you some things , you can download and sync them without the need of itunes

Quote Originally Posted by soulthoughts View Post
    This new version is really slick!
    i really love the stream option
    Last edited by z3r01; 09-11-2010 at 06:23 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    [IMG]http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/9703/modu.gif[/IMG]

Developer
    Thanks

Guys, I see that you keep discussing about its legality and only a few comparisons will make you all understand:

- Yourtube: since when downloading videos from youtube is legal ? if you read the TOS, you are not allowed to do this, but only to stream them. Yet this app had a whole article in the front page.

- Emulators: what are emulators for? do you own all the games you are playing on them? did you see they even include ways to simplify your search/download of roms? I don't see emulator talk being banned from this forum, yet we're talking about the same level of piracy.

- Search engines: MewSeek is a wrapper for several mp3 search engines, in a simplified interface for a mobile device. How is this different from Google? Is Google banned from this forum because "you can also use it" to get pirated content ? No. Ok this is a more extreme example but you get the idea.

- On the demo video on this post it wasn't Metallica but Radiohead, and I strictly downloaded songs from the album "In Rainbows", which, if you read a bit about its release, you will notice it was given out for free from the band themselves actually. Apart from that, I still bought the album so I'm doing nothing illegal in the video. I didn't expect everyone to be aware of this but here's the explanation anyway.

iPhone? More like MyPhone reaves205's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Hammer!!
    Quote Originally Posted by soulthoughts View Post
    We're only going to say this once...Mewseek is not intended to download copyrighted music. There are plenty of songs, sounds..etc that are public domain. The difference between this and Inst****** is that Inst****** was created solely for pirating purposes.

We will be watching this thread and actively pruning it. Talk about the app and don't bother with trying to compare the two apps. Don't make me get my ban hammer out.

Yes. I have that very setup.
    Go ahead make my Day!!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Tried the app, crashes on the TOS page.

Quote Originally Posted by errrick View Post
    - Yourtube: since when downloading videos from youtube is legal ? if you read the TOS, you are not allowed to do this, but only to stream them. Yet this app had a whole article in the front page.
    Wrong. When you view a Youtube video, the file is downloaded to your cache. Note also that it says "unless this ability is provided by the web interface", which as I showed, it clearly is.

Quote Originally Posted by errrick View Post
    Emulators: what are emulators for? do you own all the games you are playing on them? did you see they even include ways to simplify your search/download of roms? I don't see emulator talk being banned from this forum, yet we're talking about the same level of piracy.
    Nope, you're allowed to own a copy of games you own in a different format, as settled by Sony vs Universal way back in the '80s. It's safe to say that most people on emulators aren't using them to try new games, but the be able to replay their favorites.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

This is such a thing as a paypal card its like a prepaid gift card only for paypal its for people without a credit card or those who aren't in charge of there bank accounts

Developer
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cypherpunk View Post
    Wrong. When you view a Youtube video, the file is downloaded to your cache. Note also that it says "unless this ability is provided by the web interface", which as I showed, it clearly is.
    Downloading to cache is part of the internal functionality of the browser. Everything you stream will always "be downloaded". The point in the TOS is not about how it works internally, but 'what you can do with the video'.

Quote Originally Posted by cypherpunk View Post

Nope, you're allowed to own a copy of games you own in a different format, as settled by Sony vs Universal way back in the '80s. It's safe to say that most people on emulators aren't using them to try new games, but the be able to replay their favorites.
    And there you go! Same happens with music. If you own the album, you are free to copy or download the songs in any format you want as long as you keep them for yourself. Now, where you get them from is where the illegality resides. You are not allowed to distribute ROMs in the same way you're not allowed to distribute music you didnt make.

In this case MewSeek acts just like an emulator. And yes, all emulators now include a "Find game" button to make it easier for you to get the ROMs.

Thanks
    I'm going to try this out.