+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Did The iPhone Bring Down Nokia's CEO?

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by Bl1tz I'm surprised nokia has been around this long as is.. Why? They are the leaders in handset sales worldwide. Maybe not smartphones, but there are far
    Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bl1tz View Post
    I'm surprised nokia has been around this long as is..
    Why? They are the leaders in handset sales worldwide. Maybe not smartphones, but there are far more non-smartphone handsets out there than there are smartphones.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Thanks
    Thanked 1,141 Times in 891 Posts

I enjoy Nokia's devices. Several of their devices are great. My iPhone is my normal device but I do use my e71 every once in a while because of it's build and how well it works.

I plan on getting a 7 device and a new Nokia when they drop to play with.

But always come back to the iPhone.

Thanks

Nokia used to be on the top of the food chain. Since Apple kick started the smartphone market. Nokia been on a slice. It's about time they need to make a change.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Nokia still has more symbian device on the planet than all the rest combined. I work the biz. Sell three things really. IPhone, Blackberry and for the non smart phone either a Motorola or Nokia. Nokia has the new E72 and it does a lot of things very well.

Their new 3710 HSPA+ clam is solid for those who are not into the smart phone. And for whatever the reasons that is still a LOT of people.

My iPhone is a Part of Me politicalslug's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iPhoneJared View Post
    Nokia still has more symbian device on the planet than all the rest combined. I work the biz. Sell three things really. IPhone, Blackberry and for the non smart phone either a Motorola or Nokia. Nokia has the new E72 and it does a lot of things very well.

Their new 3710 HSPA+ clam is solid for those who are not into the smart phone. And for whatever the reasons that is still a LOT of people.
    You're a moron. Nokia sells 10 times as many devices as Apple and yet their mobile revenue is far below Apple. Nokia has almost no presence in the US anymore. That haven't for a good many years. Why is that important? Because US consumers buy more expensive toys in far higher relative and absolute volumes than the rest of the world. There are more RAZR phones on the market than iOS devices, but that doesn't mean sh!t, does it?
    They can have my jailbreak when they pry it from my cold dead fingers.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Was not meant to debate the revenue fact. Just a point relevant to say that based on a solid back ground they have with symbian, they have the ability to do better based on a lot of products they work really ******. There phones are bullet proof.
    That it that's all. That would be a good reason to bring in a new CEO. But. Who knows.

iPhone? More like MyPhone reaves205's Avatar
    Thanks

Its lonely at the top!

Thanks

Like the old saying " If you can't run with the big boys, stay on the porch" Nokia has been on the porch for years!!!

Thanks

Nokia hire someone from Microsoft....lol

Thanks

Symbian is outdated so Nokia designed Maemo - which was a flop.
    They've now merged with Intel to produce meego - can someone point me in the direction of any info on this? meego.com looks like it was produced by a 10 year old and meego.org has a bit more info but also looks like a 10 y/o produced it.
    If Nokia are relying on Meego then they really should try and present a more polished image of it.
    Nokia is a big company and I'm sure they will continue to provide vast numbers of non Smartphones. But they need to up the game to stay in the Smartphone race and so far I don't see them doing this.
    Hopefully I'll be eating my words but I think Intel is the wrong choice of partner and maemo/meego looks like a dead end.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12