Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Adobe Gets Back to Business on iPhone Dev Tool

MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,482 Times in 568 Posts

Default Adobe Gets Back to Business on iPhone Dev Tool

The folks at Adobe are wasting no time getting back to business. With Apple having removed the restrictions on Thursday that had previously blocked Adobe's Flash to iPhone porting tool, Adobe is now back work on developing the tool for subsequent releases of Flash Professional. With 24 hours of Apple's announcement, Adobe stated on it's website that work would resume immediately. "We are encouraged to see Apple lifting its restrictions on its licensing terms," the company said, "giving developers the freedom to choose what tools they use to develop applications for Apple devices."

In addition to Apple's revelation that iOS would, at long last, be open to third-party development tools - that is, "as long as the resulting apps do not download any code" - Apple also published to everyone's pleasant surprise the App Store Review Guidelines. With an infamously private company like Apple suddenly becoming more transparent and flexible, it's no wonder that there are plenty of developers with renewed excitement about iOS this weekend. Of course, no one is more excited about the change in policy at Apple than the people at Adobe.

"Apple’s announcement today that it has lifted restrictions on its third-party developer guidelines has direct implications for Adobe’s Packager for iPhone, a feature in the Flash Professional CS5 authoring tool," Adobe stated in a press release. "This feature was created to enable Flash developers to quickly and easily deliver applications for iOS devices. The feature is available for developers to use today in Flash Professional CS5, and we will now resume development work on this feature for future releases."

Adobe
    Last edited by Michael Essany; 09-10-2010 at 12:57 PM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Michael Essany For This Useful Post:

apoc (09-10-2010), reaves205 (09-10-2010)

My iPhone is a Part of Me zinjen's Avatar
    Thanks

Funny how they are lifting the restrictions on this as we are on the cusp of HTML5 being shown on several websites.
    Don't forget to hit the thanks button if you liked what I said or did

Livin the iPhone Life Bluemoldycheeze88's Avatar
    Thanks

maybe we will see flash on the iphone before we see legit white iphone 4

iPhone? More like MyPhone frail1's Avatar
    Thanks

Did this get written on an iPhone? I mean come on, how about a little spell check?

and this has nothing to do with a flash plugin on the iphone. it's not web content, it's about using adobe's tool to create iphone apps.
    Last edited by frail1; 09-10-2010 at 12:37 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

6. The Following User Says Thank You to frail1 For This Useful Post:

friscosooner (09-10-2010)

My iPhone is a Part of Me luvmytj's Avatar
    Thanks

The Apple folks becoming transparent?! Holy crap! The sky must be falling!

iPhone? More like MyPhone mmurphmsu's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by frail1 View Post
    Did this get written on an iPhone? I mean come on, how about a little spell check?
    That's what I was thinking. I guess they need to have an editor look over it before its posted.
    Please hit "Thanks!" if I helped you.

Thanks

I need flash player for my iPhone. I wanna access the whole internet not just part of it.

iPhone? More like MyPhone back9player's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mmurphmsu View Post
    That's what I was thinking. I guess they need to have an editor look over it before its posted.
    I hate sloppy journalism. A simple proof read would have done the trick. A copy editor maybe?

Why is this news...i thought i read the same thing yesterday about this from another post...

You guys REALLY have to put more attention on what you read(this goes to some of the replies).

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Would they make this available through an iOS update?

I love this! I got to use the porting tool on cs5 for my jail broken iPod, and it works great, I can't wait to get back to making apps again!

Yah i doubt flash will die by 2012. HTML5 is the next future for mobile net browsing

Quote Originally Posted by back9player View Post
    I hate sloppy journalism. A simple proof read would have done the trick. A copy editor maybe?

This is a step toward apple releasing it's firm grip over the consumer and really making devices closer to being truely free.

iPhone has spell check...

Thanks

Seriously, this DOES NOT relate to flash playback in any way shape or form. Read further than "Adobe" before you post. This is pertaining to a tool that ports apps written in flash to be iphone compatible. Before, Apple only accepted apps written in Xcode.

In other news, the same dude posted the same story yesterday, however yesterdays post was somewhat misleading to those not in the know.
    iPhone 4 to Android directly back to iPhone 4. I learned my lesson and will never leave iOS again.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to ShredNasty For This Useful Post:

Kingxcham (09-11-2010)

iPhone? More like MyPhone macsoldier's Avatar
    Thanks

At least its a step forward from what most were wanting.

My iPhone is a Part of Me King Shady's Avatar
    Thanks

Cool, good stuff. Now give me widgets and Flash and then I will say my iPhone 4 is better than the Droid X!

I wonder how we would get flash; Maybe an app, or a software update, or even a safari download

Sent from my iPod touch using ModMyi
    Name? whereswaldo
    iDevice + Firmware? 32GB Black iPhone 4 iOS 5.0
    Computer + OS? Dell Inspiron 15R 2nd Gen i5, 2.3 Ghz, 750GB HDD, 8GB RAM Windows 7 HP
    Location? Toronto
    Found yet? No

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast