Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: GV Mobile Headed Back to App Store

My iPhone is a Part of Me Trooper Sam's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mvhurlburt View Post
    Yes sir! ....maybe it doesn't like my AT&T IP address? I've been trying to sign up from my i4.... I'll try again...thx for the info!
    Try doing it from your PC. I hadn't even thought to try from my iPhone.

I've got 3 invites left. PM if you do wantz.....

I'll decide if you're cool enough to warrant me giving you one....lol

Twitter: @tshoults

It's cool that it's coming back but I already integrated GV into my phone in the most convoluted way possible

1. Texting - All done via e-mail now. I can reply and send using the address GV assigns to the person.

2. Calling - This one's more fun. First, I enable text messaging for the iphone and ask someone to text me. The text comes from from a 313 or 406 or whatever random area code number. This number is owned by Google. If you call this number from a phone under your GV account, it'll look up which number it assigned it to and automatically redirect you. I put them under "assistant" and that's that. No need for web apps or apps at all. Once I have their GV assigned number I call them using that.

I'm a helpful jerk, fear me.

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Noodle Boy View Post
    It's cool that it's coming back but I already integrated GV into my phone in the most convoluted way possible

1. Texting - All done via e-mail now. I can reply and send using the address GV assigns to the person.

2. Calling - This one's more fun. First, I enable text messaging for the iphone and ask someone to text me. The text comes from from a 313 or 406 or whatever random area code number. This number is owned by Google. If you call this number from a phone under your GV account, it'll look up which number it assigned it to and automatically redirect you. I put them under "assistant" and that's that. No need for web apps or apps at all. Once I have their GV assigned number I call them using that.
    There are definitely better ways. I'm currently ironing out the final details on my iPad 3G, am planning to post about my methods tomorrow. Stay tuned!

Thanks

I'm hoping it will be able to incorporate a call recording feature so my ex wife can't lie in court and say I told her a bunch of crap that was never said. I'd also have a record of her being a psycho threatening to burn down my parents house. Always hopeful as the iPhone 4 has some kind of hardware limitbthat prevents this and I'm really sick of paying for international LD charges to recording some server in Indiana from Canada.

Maybe you should stop talking to her and go through an attorney for anything involving her?

iPhone? More like MyPhone Riviera's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NessLookAlike View Post
    There are definitely better ways. I'm currently ironing out the final details on my iPad 3G, am planning to post about my methods tomorrow. Stay tuned!
    alright ... today is tomorrow. Where's the thread?

Thanks

That's who they're being sent to. That's why I've been paying for them. Anyway that was a TMI moment there. Sorry bout that.

iPhone? More like MyPhone posrjak's Avatar
    Thanks

Any update on when it will be release. Keep checking as I thought it would be this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by posrjak View Post
    Any update on when it will be release. Keep checking as I thought it would be this weekend.
    havent heard or seen it on the app store yet so idk cant wait to see if it gets approved

Thanks

Yeah me too. Jailbroke versions is good for now, but legit app store version will be great.

The webapp is better.

Thanks

How so. What features does it have that the jailbreak version does not?

Quote Originally Posted by posrjak View Post
    How so. What features does it have that the jailbreak version does not?
    Not really features, but characteristics.

1. It's free.

2. For me, GV Mobile+ (because it has to dial your GV#, pause, press "2", then dial again) connects in about 45 seconds. The webapp connects in about 5 seconds.

Thanks

Good to know. Thanks

So Sean, what are your plans with the Cydia version? Will it be updated in parallel with the app store version or are you going to abandon the Cydia version? If the latter, how bout coupon codes for all who bought the Cydia version?

Quote Originally Posted by metaclam View Post
    So Sean, what are your plans with the Cydia version? Will it be updated in parallel with the app store version or are you going to abandon the Cydia version? If the latter, how bout coupon codes for all who bought the Cydia version?
    He's putting the app for free this Saturday night I believe so he'll give everyone a chance to grab it without paying.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123