+ Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: GV Mobile Headed Back to App Store

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
I think these new relaxed rules are Apple's response to increased competition by the likes of Android and Sony. They're starting to feel the pressure, I think. Which is great!
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,691 Times in 835 Posts

I think these new relaxed rules are Apple's response to increased competition by the likes of Android and Sony. They're starting to feel the pressure, I think. Which is great!

It's also something they should have done a long, long time ago -- their restrictive nature is exactly why Android has become so popular in the first place. Everyone has clearly understood this for the past few years... everyone but Apple, apparently. As far as I can tell, their 'walled-garden' ways (and exclusivities) are the only reason they even have competition at all at this point.

Livin the iPhone Life Bluemoldycheeze88's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tudtran View Post
    Other than voicemail to text. Google voice is kind of useless. My friends use it to prank called me.
    sounds fun

Whats your number?

iPhone? More like MyPhone macsoldier's Avatar
    Thanks

Sounds like a nice app to get back on the market.

Thanks

I guess Arnold isn't the only one who'll be back

Sent from my iPod touch using ModMyi
    Name? whereswaldo
    iDevice + Firmware? 32GB Black iPhone 4 iOS 5.0
    Computer + OS? Dell Inspiron 15R 2nd Gen i5, 2.3 Ghz, 750GB HDD, 8GB RAM Windows 7 HP
    Location? Toronto
    Found yet? No

My iPhone is a Part of Me Trooper Sam's Avatar
    Thanks

Apple is more likely going all glasnost because they've gotten a bit scared of landing smack-dab into an antitrust case. Numerous governments gave Microsoft the smackdown years ago, and much of what MS did wasn't nearly as in-your-face as what Apple has done with iOS.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Using TextNow to handle SMS and Google's web app to make calls, I don't see any benefit of a third party dedicated app. The dialer in GV Mobile isn't as sophisticated as the web app and TextNow does a great job of handling SMS.

Personally, I would much rather see Google develop a local app that can hook into the dialer and the voice commands. I know it's asking a lot, but oh happy day if they could.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Riviera View Post
    Nice! Finally. Can't wait to see them available. I use GV all the time and this is my secondary numbers which I give out to my banks, credit cards, some friends, even my employer.

My actual phone number is only for my family and close friends.
    Same thing I do

My iPhone is a Part of Me wolverinemarky's Avatar
    Thanks

i love gv mobile been using it since it first came out will be nice to see it back on the app store, hopefully he wont pull it from cydia like snapture did

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wolverinemarky View Post
    i love gv mobile been using it since it first came out will be nice to see it back on the app store, hopefully he wont pull it from cydia like snapture did
    That would be the ultimate solution. That way those of us who bought the Cydia ver don't get screwed. However, I'm sure Apple would have something to say about it.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

SERIOUSLY, KOVACS. SERIOUSLY. MAKE AN iPAD VERSION.

Thanks

Ya know I've requested idk how many invites from google since the service went live and I haven't gotten anything... WTF

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mvhurlburt View Post
    Ya know I've requested idk how many invites from google since the service went live and I haven't gotten anything... WTF
    Google voice is free to everyone now, no need for invites anymore.

Thanks

Not according to their website, I just tried...

My iPhone is a Part of Me Trooper Sam's Avatar
    Thanks

Odd, I just went to google.com/voice and signed up, it's working on my iPhone with the web app now.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mj0528 View Post
    why don't you pay the hard working developers you pirate! move along!!!
    at least i'm man enough to admit that.you are too much of a little girl to admit that you have done the same thing many times in your life.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper Sam View Post
    Odd, I just went to google.com/voice and signed up, it's working on my iPhone with the web app now.
    Just keep getting this:

Code:
    Google Voice: Coming soon
    Google Voice is a service that enhances the existing capabilities of your phone numbers. With it, you can access your voicemail online, read automatic transcriptions of your voicemail, create personalized greetings based on who is calling, make cheap international calls, and more.
    Google Voice is currently invitation only. Please leave us your email address and we'll send you an invite as they become available.
    When can I sign up? 
    Once you receive a Google Voice invite, you're ready to get started. You can use an existing Google Account, or create a new one.
    What if I reserved a number on the GrandCentral site before? 
    We will be emailing you when Google Voice is open to the public to sign up for the service.
    How much does it cost? 
    The service is free.
    What do I do if I am already a GrandCentral user? 
    Instructions are at the top of your inbox on how to upgrade your GrandCentral account to Google Voice.
    If you're a user who has gotten started with Google Voice but you're being directed to this page, this means you've signed in with a different Google Account than the one you used when signing up for Google Voice. Please visit https://voice.google.com again and sign in with the Google Account you used when signing up for Google Voice.
    Was this information helpful?
      Yes   No
    Anyone feel like making an account for me? Lol

Quote Originally Posted by zozodouce View Post
    at least i'm man enough to admit that.you are too much of a little girl to admit that you have done the same thing many times in your life.
    Kind of close-minded of you to assume that everyone steals... I mean seriously you don't even know anybody or most anybody on this board but yet just because your a douche and **** over devs then need to tell yourself everyone else does it to justify your own actions doesn't make you right. Grow up, I'm guessing your probably some cocky knowitall kid but did ya see the operative word? "guessing" stop assuming everyone is a theif like you, believe it or not you're in the minority and while you're "man enough to admit it" it doesn't make you not a douche.
    Last edited by mvhurlburt; 09-10-2010 at 05:26 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mvhurlburt View Post
    Google Voice is only available within the United States and works for US residents only. Are you located within the United States?
    "To unpathed waters, undreamed shores." -- William Shakespeare

My iPhone is a Part of Me Pronup's Avatar
    Thanks

I can't wait until it's on the app store. I use it on my computer all the time!

Green Apple
    Thanks

i downloaded gv mobile(the free version) on cydia but its not working on my iphone 3gs, sw 3.1.2. do i need the gv mobile plus?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by southfrisco View Post
    Google Voice is only available within the United States and works for US residents only. Are you located within the United States?
    Yes sir! ....maybe it doesn't like my AT&T IP address? I've been trying to sign up from my i4.... I'll try again...thx for the info!