+ Reply
Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 12345 13 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: "SHAtter" Will Jailbreak Every iDevice including iPod Touch 4G, iPhone 4, and iPad

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by lol_release I'm so tired of hearing this same old news! Please post something useful like a jailbreak! This post is very usefull, probably one of the most
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lol_release View Post
    I'm so tired of hearing this same old news!

Please post something useful like a jailbreak!
    This post is very usefull, probably one of the most useful since the iPod event Sept. 1. You cant expect everyone on mmi to have the same opinion as you

2. The Following User Says Thank You to whereswaldo For This Useful Post:

novadam (09-09-2010)

Formerly Known As rpgpromaster EddieLeonard's Avatar
    Thanks

this was so people would stop saying i updated by accident. how long will a next jailbreak be

if your gonna be like that go and make your own jailbreak you ***

---edit---
    to be honest a tethered jailbreak isnt that bad after you get every thing set up how you like it and not having to reboot all the time on 3.1.3 i think it was with the tethered blackra1n for the iphone 3gs i used the theme X for about a month with out rebooting my phone once so i had no trouble with a tethered jailbreak
    Last edited by EddieLeonard; 09-09-2010 at 02:22 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Follow me on Twitter: EddieLeonard - - - - - - - -If i have helped in anyway at all, Please click the "Thanks!" button
    Stalk me on FaceBook: Eddie Leonard

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by itaintrite View Post
    This means there's no need to wait for the iPad FW update to release the tool
    This is probably the most overlooked benefit of this exploit!

Nick, where did you read that this exploit will jailbreak ALL iDevices? I'm not saying you are wrong, I've just only read that it works on the i4s and the iPad

5. The Following User Says Thank You to mortopher For This Useful Post:

numanair (09-09-2010)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    I was under the impression this was a bootrom exploit as it is under the bootrom exploit section in the iphone wiki. Although at the time of writing this post all the info for SHATter has vanished. This is reported to be a tethered jailbreak. An iBoot exploit is needed for an untethered jailbreak, right?
    any jailbreak we get is good news tethered or untethered bro lol.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I wont update for a tetherd JB. But good on them for getting 1 step closer

Thanks

Awesome. I would be more down for a tethered than an untethered. I didn't care for jailbreakme.com. I prefer to have a computer do the break. Security.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by politicalslug View Post
    I suppose this means I will have to carry around a laptop in my back pocket in case i have to reboot on the go. I usually have no need of a reboot, but sometimes a respring isn't possible.
    I am preparing my bag again lol

Thanks
    Thanked 1,576 Times in 277 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by paganizonda83 View Post
    Nick, where did you read that this exploit will jailbreak ALL iDevices? I'm not saying you are wrong, I've just only read that it works on the i4s and the iPad
    Lol, soorry. not this exploit exactly, but in general, SHAtter would bring us up to par on an "every device is compatible" point. good eye tho

iPhone? More like MyPhone iphone4idiots's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ramicio View Post
    Awesome. I would be more down for a tethered than an untethered. I didn't care for jailbreakme.com. I prefer to have a computer do the break. Security.
    LOL, I hope you are joking. If not I guess you're not paranoid cause they really are watching you
    I thought my carrier was bad til I got a new web host

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    This is exactly why I bought the idongle when I didn't need it, cause I knew 1 day I would, tethered or untethered, I'm good to go.

Thanks

Tethered means you use a computer to jailbreak it. It will be jailbroken for life, so why would you need to connect it to a computer on every reboot? It's not the same tethered that applied to the 3gS. Untethered means something like jailbreakme, done OTA.

Quote Originally Posted by iphone4idiots View Post
    LOL, I hope you are joking. If not I guess you're not paranoid cause they really are watching you
    No, just paranoid that a hacker could insert code into a web-based jailbreak.
    Last edited by ramicio; 09-09-2010 at 02:40 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

14. The Following User Says Thank You to ramicio For This Useful Post:

CaryDude (09-09-2010)

iPhone? More like MyPhone Ticko's Avatar
    Thanks

Tethered means you use a computer to jailbreak it. It will be jailbroken for life, so why would you need to connect it to a computer on every reboot? It's not the same tethered that applied to the 3gS. Untethered means something like jailbreakme, done OTA.

lol tethered just means that when you reboot the phone it must be connected to a computer to get around the intial boot exploits the jb needs in order to run....RAM disk...the jailbreakme.com was NOT an OTA jailbreak it was run through a hole in the pdf reader of the device. an OTA jailbreak would mean you could send the jailbreak OVER THE AIR from a computer to your phone without having to do anything on the phone...untethered means the ramdisk is fully updated to the jailbreak and that means you dont have to re jailbreak everytime u turn it off...please research before posting inane comments

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Wow. Can't believe these guys already figured it out. I see myself posting a nice little donation their way

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks and praise goes out to the WHOLE Dev-Team because we know you guys don't have to do this service, especially for free, but you continue to do an excellent job. My hat is off to you all... P.s how does someone donate to you guys?

Thanks

I would think jailbreakme.com was/is a safe website.

After that you just download Sauriks update and done.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I kind of read this in a hurry. So is the first 4.1 jb gonna be tethered, and if so will there be an untethered one later? I'm on a iPhone 4 by the way.

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

Jailbroken for life means that the phone will be jailbreakable no matter what iOS updates apple releases.

Tethered means being basically "attached" to your computer in a way; you must boot your device by running code on it (via the dock connector) to make use of an exploit.
    Tethered jailbreak - The iPhone Wiki

iPhone? More like MyPhone ForumSnoBorderRK's Avatar
    Thanks

i really need to update my iphone 4. my proximity sensor is absolutely killing me...... and im not even really using jailbreak yet.

i just am so undecided right now its ridiculous.
    -[r]
    if you can, please [thank] me if i helped you or you liked what i said! :]

Livin the iPhone Life iNT3Rv3NTiONZz's Avatar
    Thanks

Damn I can't use a tethered jailbreak on my i4, what happens if I'm out an it starts acting up needing a reboot, fail. Still I'll have a go with it on my 3G mostly to see what difference 4.1 makes
    Great job once again devteam!!!

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

iPhone4 16gb black - 4.1 Limera1ned
    iPhone 3G 16gb white - 3.1.2 jailbroken
    Blackra1ned
    THANKYOU ONCE AGAIN GEOHOT!

Livin the iPhone Life iNT3Rv3NTiONZz's Avatar
    Thanks

Wait, will this be available for 3G? As it's a a4 chip exploit? I'm guessing they might bundle in a jailbreak for non i4, iPad, ipod4g owners on 4.1?
    What does everyone think???

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

iPhone4 16gb black - 4.1 Limera1ned
    iPhone 3G 16gb white - 3.1.2 jailbroken
    Blackra1ned
    THANKYOU ONCE AGAIN GEOHOT!