Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 910111213 21 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: "SHAtter" Will Jailbreak Every iDevice including iPod Touch 4G, iPhone 4, and iPad

iPhone? More like MyPhone kingchkn's Avatar
    Thanks

So my sister just bought the new Touch and tried to call my iP4 via FaceTime and she got a message that I needed to upgrade to 4.1 before FaceTime will work!

Now I am deciding do I upgrade an wait for the JB or stay JB until 4.1 Jb is available?

Untethered please.

My iPhone is a Part of Me kwickone's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by raduga View Post
    re: why some people are very much bothered by a tethered JB, think they're pointless, and won't use one
    Because iPhone users are- rather more seriously affected. They don't just have a "dead iDevice" - they have a dead phone. They can't make phone calls. They have just become a leper or a social pariah.
    I agree totally, but it goes one step further for me (and I am sure others). My i4 is my business device as well (phone, email, calendar, contacts, etc). I simply cannot risk being without that functionality, not matter how remote it may be.
    kwickone I.T.H.

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    Octember 32nd

Best comment in this thread!

Jesus everyone jumping all over me because I confused what tethered means in this little sect of the world. It would never be tethered if it was marked as being jailbroken for life. I would rather it be a jailbreak that I plug into my computer to do, once, and not go to a website. Just my personal preference. But it will probably end up being only for Mac.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Trooper Sam's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kayvong8 View Post
    Guys, excuse my ignorance, and by the way "we're not worthy, we're not worthy, we're not worthy" Thank you Dev's "game on!"

yea that was 2 wayne's world references,

My QUESTION is this. Does permanent jailbreak mean unlock too or no? Would a jailbreak for 4.1 automatically mean an unlock also??????????
    A permanent unlock I don't think is possible, at least in the same way as this permanent jailbreak exploit is.

This exploit is hardware based. It can't be updated or changed except in later production runs. In that respect, it's permanent for everybody that has their A4 device now, and those that will get them in the near future. Apple MAY find the exploit and re-design it to eliminate the flaw, and then iDevices going forward would not have the exploit available.

The baseband, on the other hand, is still able to be updated with new firmware, and each time a new baseband version comes along, and is installed on iPhones, the prior unlock is broken. So a permanent unlock exploit, while I suppose theoretically possible, from the tiny bit that I know, is unlikely.

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    it has been confirmed for all newer devices - not older.
    Thanks confucious.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I swear everytime there is a jailbreak thread in the news, there's always people that ask the dumbest questions ever. All the info could be in the first post and people would still ask stupid questions that were already answered.

Quote Originally Posted by Varko View Post
    I just bought a 4th gen ipod touch , and coming from a iphone 3g... im just blown away... anyway , cant wait for the jailbreak .
    keep up the awesome work devs.
    You obviously haven't used an iPhone 4 before you bought the new Touch.

Quote Originally Posted by kingchkn View Post
    So my sister just bought the new Touch and tried to call my iP4 via FaceTime and she got a message that I needed to upgrade to 4.1 before FaceTime will work!

Now I am deciding do I upgrade an wait for the JB or stay JB until 4.1 Jb is available?
    It depends, is your sister hot?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to floppy_joe For This Useful Post:

mortopher (09-10-2010)

Quote Originally Posted by TypeRBass View Post
    I swear everytime there is a jailbreak thread in the news, there's always people that ask the dumbest questions ever. All the info could be in the first post and people would still ask stupid questions that were already answered.
    Yeah, but most of the people that's asking those questions are new to jail-breaking and the jail-break community. The JailBreakMe method allowed a lot of new idevice owners to easily jail-break there devices. I feel sorry for those people who believe jail-breaking will continue to be that easy.

Quote Originally Posted by floppy_joe View Post
    It depends, is your sister hot?

I know you are joking but that was a screwed up comment.
    Last edited by saunupe1911; 09-10-2010 at 11:15 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Default "abandoned the community" is a little harsh
    "This same vulnerability is the one that was discovered independently by geohot, who abandoned the community a few months ago. However, his name lives on through new jailbreaks today, including the Playstation 3."

personally i feel "abandoned" is a poor choice of words.... children are abandoned by neglectful parents, bush abandoned katrina victims ya know. it just feels so harsh... he "walked away" or "retired" (hopefully like Jay-Z) or "stepped back from" these projects i feel does geohots's contributions to this community much more justice.

imho

GREAT FOR THIS NEW EXPLOIT THOUGH!!! SUPER NEAT

EDIT!: i understand you didnt mean it that way...
    Last edited by tom3k; 09-10-2010 at 11:22 AM.

Yes it was demented and meant for shock value. Non uptight people who don't take life so seriously will admit it was funny. (in a dark humor kind of way) No disrespect to your family. I wish I had as good a relationship with my siblings as it seems he genuinely does
    Last edited by floppy_joe; 09-10-2010 at 11:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rounder View Post
    Motluck... The problem is that people ask questions without reading the thread first when the questions have already been answered. My comments were not aimed at anyone specifically, more or less aimed at the people who refuse to read 13 pages of this thread.

Not only will reading all the posts make you learn, but it will also answer many questions that people may have. It's not up to us to always have to answer the same questions. Reading is learning.

EDIT: The perfect example of this is the person who just posted above me...
    And TBH Rounder, we wouldnt have 14 pages of pointless spam if you people like your self didnt repeat the use the search button thing over and over again.
    Trust me, it doesnt promote you into the elite member status, it degrades you to an ******* that no one likes.
    These are forums, people ask questions, if you dont like move on and dont read it.
    Every single thread i see a couple new guys asking a questions that has been answered before and then 20 people like spamming the *DUDE!!! SEARCH!!!!!** **** over and over again filling up 20 pages.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to neonsector For This Useful Post:

LordGeek (09-10-2010), Taniban (09-10-2010)

Will I be able to JB with 4.1 AND it being an MC model?

Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post
    Tethered JB is only a (very) minor annoyance to me. I almost never reboot my device anyway. Do most people reboot often?

I agree that the guy you responded to was acting like a self-entitled jerk, but this info you are passing on is not really accurate. The vast majority of past jailbreaks were, in fact, untethered. I think the problem here is most people's understanding of a tethered jailbreak. A "tethered jailbreak" is one that requires a "fresh" jailbreak via docking cable after every reboot of the device, not simply a one-time jailbreak that uses the docking cable to get done...
    Thank you. I can't believe it took 5 pages before someone clearly explained what "tethered" meant. I was thinking that JBs like redsn0w were tethered since I had to hardwire my phone to my Mac to execute the jailbreak.

I can now see how a tethered JB would be annoying, but I just don't reboot that often.

What would happen if you do reboot a phone JBed with a tethered JB? Would you just lose the JB?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Dear Apple,

I found a way to kill of these heathen jailbreakers

Make a 'Silent Update' in the background when iTunes is launched and a new iOS version is detected. Download the ipsw in the background automatically, and when there is some idle time (eg when the user is making playlists or browsing App Store) just ninja the hell of the update into the iphone/ipod.

When its finished just notify the user - "updated to latest gr8est iOS luls congratulations kthx"

Hope this tactic works well on these immoral law-breakers

-zamansimba-

Bohica

Bend over here it comes again. Zam u just calked out all the self righteous

Quote Originally Posted by zamansimba View Post
    Dear Apple,

I found a way to kill of these heathen jailbreakers

Make a 'Silent Update' in the background when iTunes is launched and a new iOS version is detected. Download the ipsw in the background automatically, and when there is some idle time (eg when the user is making playlists or browsing App Store) just ninja the hell of the update into the iphone/ipod.

When its finished just notify the user - "updated to latest gr8est iOS luls congratulations kthx"

-zamansimba-

Quote Originally Posted by AUZambo View Post
    What would happen if you do reboot a phone JBed with a tethered JB? Would you just lose the JB?
    I think the phone won't boot and it will be in recovery until you find a computer and jail boot it.

Quote Originally Posted by zamansimba View Post
    Why are you here?

Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 910111213 21 ... LastLast