Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Finally Gives into Flash... Kinda... a Little

Part of my school's website use flash inside the classes to see certain things (timer on quizzes, certain recorded lectures, some interactive documents, etc.)... This is why it would benefit me. I'm sure others are the same.

I'm jailbroken, but would much rather it... Just work.

iPhone? More like MyPhone CONVBMW's Avatar
    Thanks

They are such hypocritical dictator like pigs. I love my JB and UL iPhone and I love holding it up in the air with my middle finger raised high at them.

Hopefully Apple will ease up on other things too, but I doubt that's likely.
    Look how long it took for them to get this far and it's not something huge either, oh well...

Thanks

Flash on the iPhone will grab more shovelware for the App Store.

Good for developers?
    Asking for help is different from being stupid. Fanboys can rot in @#$%!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Yay Flash!! Now I can watch videos.. wait.. i could do that before and most other content worth watching is transcoded to HTML 5 or has an app for that.

where can I get this^^?

Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post
    My point is, do we really need to sit here in a forum and spend our time calling people names and degrading them? What did you achieve by announcing that people who want flash are idiots? Does your c^@ feel a little bigger somehow? If someone wants flash on their phone, let them want flash. What a wonderful world it would be if the biggest thing we have to worry about is these "idiots" who want flash on their phones...
    Yes we do. Flash is literally the worst thing in the internet. It is a plague and a disease and it cannot be emphasized enough how bad it is. And we DO have to worry because these idiots who want flash are a very vocal minority who people that are genuinely AWESOME like the developer of Frash (literally, huge props to the guy for even getting flash working) listen to and try to please when his limitless talent could be focused on things that would actually benefit us.

I'm a helpful jerk, fear me.

Bro..it looks like ur posts are the real plague.

Flash and HTML5 both have their advantages. Apple may eliminate flash on ios, but they can never eliminate it from the web. Flash is easy to use for web designers. Html5 is not. Many Web designers will never switch to HTML5.

Im just glad apples new guidelines are gonna let Google Voice come to the app store finally.

By the way is there anything in those new guidelines about modifications that were previously forbidden (like all the good stuff in cydia?)

Does this mean someone could submitt a custom browser that has flash or only coding apps in flash through cs 5?

Does this mean there will be cross-platform games that can interact between apple and nonapple devices?

Quote Originally Posted by Waleed786 View Post
    Many Web designers will never switch to HTML5.
    Yes, I can see how not updating something to standard and sticking with legacy software to be a profitable and reasonable decision.

Are you seriously using this to defend flash?

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Noodle Boy View Post
    Yes, I can see how not updating something to standard and sticking with legacy software to be a profitable and reasonable decision.

Are you seriously using this to defend flash?
    Have u ever designed a webpage using flash or html5? I doubt it. Adobe has released tools for flash to make it easy for web designers. Designers don't know much about software developing therefore html5 would not be their number one choice. Not only that, but HTML5 is also having codec issues. Apple wants to use h.264 while everyone else wants to use another codec. Until they agree on something and release tools for software designers, html5 will never succeed.

It's not about defending flash or html5, it's about logic and looking at things realistically. Not just about "flash is slow so it should be replaced", there's more to it than just peoples complaints.

development tools used...but not stating flash on iOS...just the use of third party tools...
    [IMG]http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/9703/modu.gif[/IMG]

Have u ever designed a webpage using flash or html5? I doubt it. Adobe has released tools for flash to make it easy for web designers. Designers don't know much about software developing therefore html5 would not be their number one choice. Not only that, but HTML5 is also having codec issues. Apple wants to use h.264 while everyone else wants to use another codec. Until they agree on something and release tools for software designers, html5 will never succeed.

It's not about defending flash or html5, it's about logic and looking at things realistically. Not just about "flash is slow so it should be replaced", there's more to it than just peoples complaints.
    Easy and efficient are hardly found hand by hand. But sure, if you want easy bloated crapware go for it. I'll continue using sites/apps made by people who put some EFFORT into what they do.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    Yay Flash!! Now I can watch videos.. wait.. i could do that before and most other content worth watching is transcoded to HTML 5 or has an app for that. Now I can play Flash games... oh wait.. those suck. What is the benefit of this?
    Exactly, flash is done for good.......

Banned
    Thanks

"security concerns"??? Why should Apple care about our security? Isn't that our problem?

If everyone wants flash support then why don't they just add flash support? Are they that stupid?

All I hear about it is Apple refusing Flash to run on the iDevices. Doesn't make sense. If they want to own the market then add the damn support and all those people debating the Android coz it has flash support or the iPhone will now get the iPhone.

It's a no-brainer. A few sites I visit refuse to work coz they don't have flash support. More of a reason not to get the iPhone/iPad.

I really think Steve Jobs is a G AY retard some days.
    Retard for not adding Flash support and G AY for censoring the Playboy app. (No straight man would censor playboy)
    Last edited by NakedFaerie; 09-10-2010 at 12:36 AM. Reason: coz, had to keep ranting.

Thanks

i think this is way overdue. unfortunately, others have left the iphone for other platforms due to apple's fued with adobe and the rest of us have just grown accustomed to doing without.

With flash support, the iPad can now 100% replace my net book. Although html5 is great, not all sites support it yet. But I just hope flash wont slow the iPhone and iPad down.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Bluprint's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ExTrEmE99 View Post
    With flash support, the iPad can now 100% replace my net book. Although html5 is great, not all sites support it yet. But I just hope flash wont slow the iPhone and iPad down.
    +1

Banned
    Thanks

Honestly, do any of you idiots read the story, at all???? This proves my point that only idiots want flash and only idiots who read this story think flash is coming to idevices. It ain't. Read the freakin article attached fools and be informed. Here's the scoop. THERE WILL BE NO FLASH PLUGIN FOR IDEVICES. PERIOD!!!!! This is like going to the zoo and watching the chimps eat their own crap.

Quote Originally Posted by billmilo View Post
    Flash on iPhone 4 would be great
    Quote Originally Posted by HomieG35 View Post
    Part of my school's website use flash inside the classes to see certain things (timer on quizzes, certain recorded lectures, some interactive documents, etc.)... This is why it would benefit me. I'm sure others are the same.

I'm jailbroken, but would much rather it... Just work.
    Quote Originally Posted by CONVBMW View Post
    They are such hypocritical dictator like pigs. I love my JB and UL iPhone and I love holding it up in the air with my middle finger raised high at them.
    Quote Originally Posted by awesomeSlayer View Post
    Flash on the iPhone will grab more shovelware for the App Store.

Good for developers?
    Quote Originally Posted by hfinmyblood View Post
    Yay Flash!! Now I can watch videos.. wait.. i could do that before and most other content worth watching is transcoded to HTML 5 or has an app for that.

where can I get this^^?

And idiot troll of the week goes to......

Quote Originally Posted by NakedFaerie View Post
    "security concerns"??? Why should Apple care about our security? Isn't that our problem?

If everyone wants flash support then why don't they just add flash support? Are they that stupid?

All I hear about it is Apple refusing Flash to run on the iDevices. Doesn't make sense. If they want to own the market then add the damn support and all those people debating the Android coz it has flash support or the iPhone will now get the iPhone.

It's a no-brainer. A few sites I visit refuse to work coz they don't have flash support. More of a reason not to get the iPhone/iPad.

I really think Steve Jobs is a G AY retard some days.
    Retard for not adding Flash support and G AY for censoring the Playboy app. (No straight man would censor playboy)
    Flash is crap, just like your argument. Oh BTW. No real man would NEED playboy jerkoffboy!!

It's obvious you don't write code for web pages, because if you did you would know how to write html code in the first place. CSS, cocoa, java, and html code have been around for donkeys years and any designer worth his salt would know this back to front. Html5 is no different. Two major designer that work for our company are keen to see the back of flash tools and are excited about new standards coming to the web. When I asked one about all this flash business, he said, "flash is for kids who don't know how to embed or write code in the first place". They had to use flash tools because it was the overwhelming dominator in embedded content and there was no alternative, until now. Advertising works when you get it to ALL your customers. With many millions of mobile device around now, and with only a couple using flash, it is just dumb not to work with better, free standards to get content to everybody. Flash is for teenies who can't write code and I suspect many of them have commented here.
    Last edited by Tyronal; 09-10-2010 at 04:44 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

^ thanks Mr. Psychic. It's nice to know that you can see into the future and tell us that there will never be flash on the idevices. Saved us getting are hopes to high

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123