Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iOS 4.1 Now Live : Do Not Update!

Default iOS 4.1 Now Live : Do Not Update!

Paul put out a warning today that was advised from the Dev Team, to steer clear of the iOS 4.1 release, which is now currently being pushed live from Apple. That's right, it is now LIVE, and you are strongly advised NOT to update.

Again, this is NOT a big update, however Game Center is an new feature we are all looking forward to it, at least for those with supporting devices, and of course included in the update is the long overdue proximity sensor fix. All in all, it's not quite worth it to lose all the fancy goodies we currently get with out 4.0 jailbreak/unlock.

So, If your Jailbroken and require an unlock, again, Please stay away from this. But if you have no desire for either, feel free to update and post your comments below. Good Luck

If you haven't already, backup your SHSH Blobs before it's too late.

Last edited by Nick Hesson; 09-08-2010 at 11:29 AM.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Nick Hesson For This Useful Post:

CaryDude (09-09-2010), hayesj3 (09-09-2010), louort3 (09-09-2010), motluck (09-13-2010), NakedFaerie (09-08-2010), nycpolo76 (09-08-2010)

My iPhone is a Part of Me zinjen's Avatar
    Thanks

I have 2 iphones, updated on my other iPhone 4... proximity fix and bluetooth fix are glorious
    Don't forget to hit the thanks button if you liked what I said or did

4. The Following User Says Thank You to zinjen For This Useful Post:

hayesj3 (09-09-2010)

I'm looking at the Apple website and it hasn't changed?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to zoso10 For This Useful Post:

area51crypto (09-08-2010)

Thanks

Like I posted in the other thread.....better hurry.....it took a week for Cydia to register my blobs as it is still pretty backed up with the jailbreakme's!!

Thanks

So, the iphone 3G runs stable and fast with no multitasking, no homescreen wallpaper, no battery %, no gamecenter, no hdr, and no fun. Did I miss anything?

NO!!!!! i can't update!!!! oh Wait My Is the Mc Model!!!!

Formerly Known As rpgpromaster EddieLeonard's Avatar
    Thanks

can anyone confirm that it is the same as the 4.1GM? im running that at the moment with shsh saved for 4.0.2 NOT 4.0.1 i got my iphone 4 too late for that although i did have it running 4.0.1 so i enjoyed my jailbreak while it lasted until my iphones camera messed up causing me to restore
    Follow me on Twitter: EddieLeonard - - - - - - - -If i have helped in anyway at all, Please click the "Thanks!" button
    Stalk me on FaceBook: Eddie Leonard

Livin the iPhone Life iNT3Rv3NTiONZz's Avatar
    Thanks

ok im looking on apple website and its saying coming soon. i take it US got it early.
    and surely people with iphone4 on 4.0.2 might aswell update, as 4.1 will b jailbroken before 4.0.2 (which will be never), you should include that in the post so as not to confuse people who can take advantage of the update without comprimising the possibility of jailbreaking (soon)

12. The Following User Says Thank You to iNT3Rv3NTiONZz For This Useful Post:

dscottjr81 (09-08-2010)

Formerly Known As rpgpromaster EddieLeonard's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mikerlx View Post
    So, the iphone 3G runs stable and fast with no multitasking, no homescreen wallpaper, no battery %, no gamecenter, no hdr, and no fun. Did I miss anything?
    you get folders and the firmware number appear in the settings and thats about it :P

Quote Originally Posted by MaxxyBoii2K10 View Post
    ok im looking on apple website and its saying coming soon. i take it US got it early.
    and surely people with iphone4 on 4.0.2 might aswell update, as 4.1 will b jailbroken before 4.0.2 (which will be never), you should include that in the post so as not to confuse people who can take advantage of the update without comprimising the possibility of jailbreaking (soon)
    no, im in the uk and have been downloading the update for almost 15 min now
    Last edited by EddieLeonard; 09-08-2010 at 11:38 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Follow me on Twitter: EddieLeonard - - - - - - - -If i have helped in anyway at all, Please click the "Thanks!" button
    Stalk me on FaceBook: Eddie Leonard

Are the dev team still planning on jailbreaking this ios? I upgraded to 4.0.2 by accident and was looking forward to being jailbroken again.

I cannot wait for the jailbreak I'm so excited!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gadget View Post
    Are the dev team still planning on jailbreaking this ios? I upgraded to 4.0.2 by accident and was looking forward to being jailbroken again.

Should do! They just wanted the "big" release before they put something out that Apple would patch right away!

Updated and snagged my Game Center name. Have fun waiting for a week and then get stuck adding numbers to your favorite onlinde nickname.

(HDR Photos are nice too)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Can someone tell me in advance,, when they release a jailbreak for 4.1, what do i do, im on 4.01 jailbreak me shsh blobs saved in cydia, how would i jailbreak and keep all my stuff I have? cydia apps settings data etc

I just downloaded it here in Canada.. Man these updates, the file size keeps getting bigger and bigger.. Good old days of the 2G phone when the firmware was about 230MB...

Yeah this update is over 500 mb LOL

Banned
    Thanks

Can someone answer me this... What the hell is the "Bluetooth issues?" AND
    Can't one of you brilliant SOBs just create a proximity fix we can buy from cydia? That's all I care about.

Common, u devs could cure cancer... Cure the crappy proximity!

Quote Originally Posted by lol_release View Post
    Yeah this update is over 500 mb LOL

close to 600MB

Will this work on mc iPod?

Sent from my iPod touch using ModMyi

It's probably wise for iPhone 4, iOS 4.02 users to also avoid this upgrade. If you bought your iPhone 4 too late (or Apple sold you defective hardware and you had to swap it out after the 4.01 signing window. Grrrr....) then right now, anyway you look at it you're stuck in jail. Upgrading to 4.1 might seem like no biggie, but 4.1 means you'll lose the future ability to unlock, unless there's a carrier unlock developed at some point for the new baseband. Even if you're happy with AT&T, what if you have to travel overseas at some point? Are you really prepared to pay the outrageous fees AT&T charge, when you could instead just pop in a local SIM card? If there is ever a JB for 4.1, and if that same JB works for 4.02, iPhone 4 owners on 4.02 might be better off NOT upgrading.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to csglinux For This Useful Post:

javiert30 (09-08-2010)

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast