+ Reply
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iOS 4.1 Now Live : Do Not Update!

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
I updated to GM last week. HDR photos a blech, if anything I've found the standard shots are clearer. As far as the fix for the iPhone 4 proximity sensor
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I updated to GM last week. HDR photos a blech, if anything I've found the standard shots are clearer. As far as the fix for the iPhone 4 proximity sensor I am very happy. I haven't put anyone on mute or hold since updating

Thanks
    Thanked 1,663 Times in 808 Posts

downloaded only.. im not losing my jailbreak ill wait to see what the dev team does in the future.. not like i really care about the proximity sensor due to all i get is texts and emails

Thanks

DFU Restoring my iPhone 4 now, been running 4.1 GM for a week as it came with 4.0.2 and nothing I tried (believe me, I tried everything including splicing firmwares) let me downgrade - so sitting it out for the jailbreak - don't need an unlock.

Weird, DFU restore gave 1004 error and left me at recovery connect to iTunes logo - Tinyumbrella kicked it out and restoring settings now so no bother - most likely a baseband issue from all the restores I did before finally using the 4.1GM
    iPhone 5s 64gb iOS 7
    rMBP 15" 16gb 500gb
    @c0ff33a and @PhoneMainiac

Formerly Known As rpgpromaster EddieLeonard's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Noodle Boy View Post
    Updated and snagged my Game Center name. Have fun waiting for a week and then get stuck adding numbers to your favorite onlinde nickname.

(HDR Photos are nice too)
    whats your game center name? mine is Eddie2010

here is a sample of HDR photos on the iphone 4 (although it was taken with ProHDR and i totally recommend any iphone 4 user to buy this app NOW!)

http://a.yfrog.com/img294/1448/ae5a.jpg (i know a bit blurry but i was putting my arms either side of a windows to take the shot :P then i realised i could put my hand out of the top windows and save me stretching :P)
    Follow me on Twitter: EddieLeonard - - - - - - - -If i have helped in anyway at all, Please click the "Thanks!" button
    Stalk me on FaceBook: Eddie Leonard

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by csglinux View Post
    It's probably wise for iPhone 4, iOS 4.02 users to also avoid this upgrade. If you bought your iPhone 4 too late (or Apple sold you defective hardware and you had to swap it out after the 4.01 signing window. Grrrr....) then right now, anyway you look at it you're stuck in jail. Upgrading to 4.1 might seem like no biggie, but 4.1 means you'll lose the future ability to unlock, unless there's a carrier unlock developed at some point for the new baseband. Even if you're happy with AT&T, what if you have to travel overseas at some point? Are you really prepared to pay the outrageous fees AT&T charge, when you could instead just pop in a local SIM card? If there is ever a JB for 4.1, and if that same JB works for 4.02, iPhone 4 owners on 4.02 might be better off NOT upgrading.
    Supposedly if you update to 4.1 with TinyUmbrella's TSS server running, you can upgrade while preserving the baseband on iPhone 4.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by csglinux View Post
    It's probably wise for iPhone 4, iOS 4.02 users to also avoid this upgrade. If you bought your iPhone 4 too late (or Apple sold you defective hardware and you had to swap it out after the 4.01 signing window. Grrrr....) then right now, anyway you look at it you're stuck in jail. Upgrading to 4.1 might seem like no biggie, but 4.1 means you'll lose the future ability to unlock, unless there's a carrier unlock developed at some point for the new baseband. Even if you're happy with AT&T, what if you have to travel overseas at some point? Are you really prepared to pay the outrageous fees AT&T charge, when you could instead just pop in a local SIM card? If there is ever a JB for 4.1, and if that same JB works for 4.02, iPhone 4 owners on 4.02 might be better off NOT upgrading.
    there is a source on cydia that has a game center download for lower than 4.1, i cant remember the source tho
    Follow me on Twitter: EddieLeonard - - - - - - - -If i have helped in anyway at all, Please click the "Thanks!" button

My iPhone is a Part of Me area51crypto's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MaxxyBoii2K10 View Post
    ok im looking on apple website and its saying coming soon. i take it US got it early.
    and surely people with iphone4 on 4.0.2 might aswell update, as 4.1 will b jailbroken before 4.0.2 (which will be never), you should include that in the post so as not to confuse people who can take advantage of the update without comprimising the possibility of jailbreaking (soon)
    Its not in central US yet.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Pod2g has found a new exploit!

Thanks

Can I update my iPod touch mc model!?

Sent from my iPod touch using ModMyi

Thanks

who is pod2g??

Thanks

Can we get gamecenter working without updating. I know woowiz repo has it but it's not doing anything but let u add friends

Green Apple
    Thanks

Pod2g is on twitter. Musclenerd and chpwn congratulated him for the new exploit, which he just announced a few minutes ago on twitter

iPhone? More like MyPhone back9player's Avatar
    Thanks

not a big update? i want my hdr....

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveLaSoul View Post
    Supposedly if you update to 4.1 with TinyUmbrella's TSS server running, you can upgrade while preserving the baseband on iPhone 4.
    I just tried updating my iphone4 from 4.0.2 to 4.1 with TinyUmbrella TSS server running and my baseband was upgraded to 02.10.04

Restored it back to 4.0.2 and baseband is back to 01.59.00

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rpgpromaster View Post
    whats your game center name? mine is Eddie2010

here is a sample of HDR photos on the iphone 4 (although it was taken with ProHDR and i totally recommend any iphone 4 user to buy this app NOW!)

http://a.yfrog.com/img294/1448/ae5a.jpg (i know a bit blurry but i was putting my arms either side of a windows to take the shot :P then i realised i could put my hand out of the top windows and save me stretching :P)
    You should disclaim that the native HDR camera produces images no where close to what ProHDR can take.

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kayvong8 View Post
    Can someone answer me this... What the hell is the "Bluetooth issues?" AND
    Can't one of you brilliant SOBs just create a proximity fix we can buy from cydia? That's all I care about.

Common, u devs could cure cancer... Cure the crappy proximity!
    For real, answer me.

Thanks

If the software update fixes the bluetooth and proximity sensor is it something that can adjust if we SSH into our phone?

Livin the iPhone Life iNT3Rv3NTiONZz's Avatar
    Thanks

im updating right now, cant wait to see these HDR photos

Thanks

Seeing as my iphone4 came with 4.0.2 I might as well update right?

If I have helped you then thank me.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Is this warning for those who already have the iPhone jailbroken or for everyone for example I'm on 4.0.2 and I'm stuck with no jailbreak can I update to 4.1 since there's rumors the Dev Team is working on a jailbreak?