Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iOS 4.1 Out Today: "It's a Trap!"

Quote Originally Posted by therandy View Post
    Ok, so what exactly will 4.1 do besides add some ridiculous "social gaming network", and lockup (jail) our phones? "Screw you apple...I don't need no stinking game network"!!!

There'll be a few 'fixes' for bugs such as is found in the proximity sensor, Bluetooth issues to be fixed...I'm sure there'll be enough to make the jump worthwhile, but I'd rather keep drooling until The DevTeam do their magic!!

That way I'll have the best of both worlds and a definitely more functional iPhone!!

Thanks

Updated - registered my nickname with Game Centre - downgraded to 4.0.1 and now going through the painful job of setting my phone up to how it was before again :/
    The Original Autobot of MMi
    Jesus couldn't turn into a fire engine

LOL -> "Winterboard does not interfere at all with my performance."

Suck it up, Sucker

Quote Originally Posted by Boots13 View Post
    Is iOS 4.1 supposed to make the iPhone 3G quicker? I thought I had heard something about that but I'm not sure.
    Yes indeed it will...or so said Stevie boy!...we'll find out soon enough.

Thanks

BTW, 4.1 for iPhone 4 is available here if anyone wanted to update right now:

MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service
    The Original Autobot of MMi
    Jesus couldn't turn into a fire engine

LOL -> "Winterboard does not interfere at all with my performance."

Suck it up, Sucker

Thanks
    Every time jailbreak my phone something ends up not working. Wether is wifi, or mms, or FaceTime. I'm tired of jailbreaks. Staying legit apple and just hope that iOS keeps getting better and better with every update. Besides with every major update of iOS there's less to get from Cydia like multitask and wallpapers and tether.....

Quote Originally Posted by lerrysan View Post
    Every time jailbreak my phone something ends up not working. Wether is wifi, or mms, or FaceTime. I'm tired of jailbreaks. Staying legit apple and just hope that iOS keeps getting better and better with every update. Besides with every major update of iOS there's less to get from Cydia like multitask and wallpapers and tether.....
    Alright buddy have fun lol

4.1 also has the HDR toggle for taking photos. Its pretty nice.

Quote Originally Posted by therandy View Post
    Ok, so what exactly will 4.1 do besides add some ridiculous "social gaming network", and lockup (jail) our phones? "Screw you apple...I don't need no stinking game network"!!!
    Completly aggreed

Quote Originally Posted by ihaveabu View Post
    i probably will end up updating and loosing my jb for 4.1. i'm so sick and tired of the bluetooth issues and the general bugginess of 4.01

I'll live without mywi for a few weeks
    are you crazy? live without mywi is like not having a women for 5 years hahahaha.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Unfortunately I have 2 iphones. One 3GS running 3.1.3(7E13)with modem firmware of 05.12.01( that I currently use on tmobile.
    and one brand new iphone 4 that is 4.02 with modemfirmare of 01.59.00 that I am sitting here patiently for the jailbreak and unlock.

IF the jailbreak for i4 is going to be less than a month, then I'll wait patiently, if not and they are never going to unlock 4.02, guess I"ll have to sell it at ebay ....drats...I really wanted the i4...
    Last edited by Kasi13; 09-08-2010 at 10:51 AM. Reason: left out sentence

iPhone? More like MyPhone back9player's Avatar
    Thanks

jailbreaking seems to have evolved into the "sensitive" and "personal" thing where hackers constantly have their panties in a bunch because their fans/followers/stalkers/idiots providing to them an over abundance of attention, that they crave in the first place. hence the incessant public statements and jokes...

speaking of all this, a sort of OT question:

cydia says my device has shsh blobs on file for 3.1.3, 4.0, 4.0.1, and 4.0.2

i'm pretty new to jb-ing. can someone explain the deal with the 4.0.2 shsh? i never (obv) had that OS on my phone ...

I'm content with losing my jailbreak (for now, til a 4.1 is released)..and don't need a unlock (on AT&T)..am I safe to upgrade to 4.1?

Honestly if Apple made SBSettings native in iOS, I would NOT jailbreak my phone. That's all I want on my phone after I jailbreak.

Livin the iPhone Life javiert30's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by novadam View Post
    speaking of all this, a sort of OT question:

cydia says my device has shsh blobs on file for 3.1.3, 4.0, 4.0.1, and 4.0.2

i'm pretty new to jb-ing. can someone explain the deal with the 4.0.2 shsh? i never (obv) had that OS on my phone ...
    Once you press "make my life easier" on Cydia for the first time, It updates by itself it doesnt matter if you had that iOS before.
    Drive Safe with Trapster
    Speedtrap App

16. The Following User Says Thank You to javiert30 For This Useful Post:

novadam (09-08-2010)

Quote Originally Posted by Ivel View Post
    Interesting... I just hope it works out cause i have my iPhone 4 just waiting
    I know exacty what you mean

4.1 is out!!! now! download it!

iPhone? More like MyPhone mmurphmsu's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kasi13 View Post
    Unfortunately I have 2 iphones. One 3GS running 3.1.3(7E13)with modem firmware of 05.12.01( that I currently use on tmobile.
    and one brand new iphone 4 that is 4.02 with modemfirmare of 01.59.00 that I am sitting here patiently for the jailbreak and unlock.

IF the jailbreak for i4 is going to be less than a month, then I'll wait patiently, if not and they are never going to unlock 4.02, guess I"ll have to sell it at ebay ....drats...I really wanted the i4...
    Well if you are waiting on a jb for 4.0.2, you will be waiting a while cause I don't see the Dev's doing one for that firmware. If they do one it will be for 4.1 or 4.2 when it comes out later this year.
    Please hit "Thanks!" if I helped you.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasi13 View Post

in the exact same position. iphone 4 just sitting here....

My iPhone is a Part of Me politicalslug's Avatar
    Thanks

4.1 barely offers anything new for us iPhone4 users. I can understand the impatience if you own an iPhone 3G, but that's it. Jailbreak vs GameCenter? That's not a hard choice. The only thing I'm missing is that new "feature" where my ear no longer causes havoc during a phone call.
    Last edited by politicalslug; 09-08-2010 at 11:52 AM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast