+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Game Center Not Compatible With iPhone 3G

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
I have iphone 3G White 16GB and just got my mom 3G 8GB and we both coming from the original iphone. Luckily, her 3G had 3.1.3 fw and I was
    Thanks

I have iphone 3G White 16GB and just got my mom 3G 8GB and we both coming from the original iphone. Luckily, her 3G had 3.1.3 fw and I was able to do jailbreakme on safari. I am running 4.0.2 without all the crap enabled. Its ok. My point is a 3G was not near my budget not to long ago and its a great phone. Gamecenter is a deal breaker for me as I love online gameplay. I may get the 3GS for this reason. Other than that the New ipod touch may make more sense financially.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ShredNasty View Post
    This is bullsh*t! I want my 3 year old phone to have everything the newest model does! I mean, I bought it, so I'm entitled to a new processor. For free. Anyone know when apple is going to give my 3G a front cam? Also, if Steve could hand deliver some cookies to my house, that'd be great.
    This is the perfect example of those kind of people that complain about everything in life and that's how they never get anything.
    Tuis guy is like the people that complain about xbox live being $60 year. I mean a year!!!!! Who can't pay $60 a year??????
    This guy would complain about everything apple does. Well what other company sells devices that work together so easy. That the user interface is so easy to use and it feels good. What app store store has so many apps?
    What I'm trying to say is that if we look at what apple does with how everything is so easy to use and know about. Yes not everything is black and white but there's less crap on apple then other companies.

Another thing people like this guy would complain about is netflix being $10 a month for movies and that not every one movie is free streaming.
    What Im trying to say is that people like this guy they can never be happy and pleased with what they have. They always have to complain.

Entitled to a new processor????? Really??? You pay for a device not a service that will get you a new processor every time they come out with a new one. Live with it!!!!!

Still I at people like him.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by endwaro View Post
    This is the perfect example of those kind of people that complain about everything in life and that's how they never get anything.
    Tuis guy is like the people that complain about xbox live being $60 year. I mean a year!!!!! Who can't pay $60 a year??????
    This guy would complain about everything apple does. Well what other company sells devices that work together so easy. That the user interface is so easy to use and it feels good. What app store store has so many apps?
    What I'm trying to say is that if we look at what apple does with how everything is so easy to use and know about. Yes not everything is black and white but there's less crap on apple then other companies.

Another thing people like this guy would complain about is netflix being $10 a month for movies and that not every one movie is free streaming.
    What Im trying to say is that people like this guy they can never be happy and pleased with what they have. They always have to complain.

Entitled to a new processor????? Really??? You pay for a device not a service that will get you a new processor every time they come out with a new one. Live with it!!!!!

Still I at people like him.
    You uhhhh......know I was joking, right? I have a 3G, 3Gs and an i4. It was a sarcastic jab at those who are SHOCKED that the processor in their 3G can't hang with a 3Gs or an i4 and fault Apple for that.

Game Center (or the lack thereof) shouldn't be a deal breaker for anyone. There has never been online gaming on an iPhone. How can you miss something you never had. And furthermore, whatcha gonna play? Angry Birds co op? Free for all Fruit Ninja? Game Center looks to be poopoo from my perspective, but I'm a gamer. I like my lil iGames....when I'm waiting at the dentist, or bored at work. If I'm gonna jump online and git sum, it's gonna be my Xbox and it's gonna be a real game. Like MW2.....

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ShredNasty View Post
    You uhhhh......know I was joking, right? I have a 3G, 3Gs and an i4. It was a sarcastic jab at those who are SHOCKED that the processor in their 3G can't hang with a 3Gs or an i4 and fault Apple for that.

Game Center (or the lack thereof) shouldn't be a deal breaker for anyone. There has never been online gaming on an iPhone. How can you miss something you never had. And furthermore, whatcha gonna play? Angry Birds co op? Free for all Fruit Ninja? Game Center looks to be poopoo from my perspective, but I'm a gamer. I like my lil iGames....when I'm waiting at the dentist, or bored at work. If I'm gonna jump online and git sum, it's gonna be my Xbox and it's gonna be a real game. Like MW2.....
    o a joke lol well yes your right if some one wants real online then go to the xbox and play.
    So I noticed your profile say i4 so I was like o wells there goes a good post. Anyway I apogelize about what I said. I'll say it to some who really deserves it

Thanks

Hahahaha, no prob dude!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Huh ?
    Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat ??????
    Why we must always be out of those things ?????????
    Appleeeeee........@@@@@@@@@@@

5 Stunna

Green Apple
    Thanks

That sucks for people with a 3g iPhone I guess. My thing is...why don't you just upgrade? With a little bit of thrifty Craigslisting you could end up with a 3gs for $100 or less out of pocket. Seems worth it to me, especially if you're unlocked. I sold my 16gb first gen for $175 and got a 32gb 3gs for $280. I was more than happy to throw down, granted this was in June when lots of people were selling their phones. Worth a shot though.

My iPhone is a Part of Me s1l3nt's Avatar
    Thanks

gamecenter looked so much better in the beta

Livin the iPhone Life JedixJarf's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by s1l3nt View Post
    gamecenter looked so much better in the beta

*agrees

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

Thanks

The 3G sucks, but the iPod 2G is worse and still you get Game Center, thanks Apple.

Thanks

looks like an even better reason for 3G owners to upgrade to an iphone 4.

Thanks

Stop whine about Game Center, it will be available on 3G with the next good jailbreak. It is easy to port it from the ipod 2g to iphone 3g because they are both arm6 devices.

And to all of you who push people to upgrade, why dont you just shut up? If you can't help with any constructive advice it will be better not to talk at all, this way you will look smarter.

On a side note, iOS4.1 on 3G (with alpha jailbreak) work like crap, i dont see any improvements in it.

Also i have made Game Center to run on 3G, but i can not sign in, probably missing some dependence.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Nobody is pushing people to upgrade as that is down to the individual. Just stating facts. The 3G is old hardware and as such unless you upgrade it then you are not going to get the experience you want. If someone goes out and buy a 3G now they are insane as for a little more they can get a 3GS or a 4. It's just a waste of money if you ask me. These are the people complaining here. This is no ones fault but themselves as before buying they didn't do any research.
    Quote Originally Posted by zero-limit View Post
    Stop whine about Game Center, it will be available on 3G with the next good jailbreak. It is easy to port it from the ipod 2g to iphone 3g because they are both arm6 devices.

And to all of you who push people to upgrade, why dont you just shut up? If you can't help with any constructive advice it will be better not to talk at all, this way you will look smarter.

On a side note, iOS4.1 on 3G (with alpha jailbreak) work like crap, i dont see any improvements in it.

Also i have made Game Center to run on 3G, but i can not sign in, probably missing some dependence.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to demonknight9 For This Useful Post:

notstrong (10-15-2010)

Thanks
    Hi Guys
    I just added the GAME CENTER App to my iPhone 3G 8gb on 4.0.2, i did it via SSHing the app is on the springboard as a white icon but if i press it, it loads up, and i fill in all the fields needed, but at the moment i dont seem to be getting the confirmation email which i believe sets up the gaming on your device ? not sure.

I will keep at it.
    I think it might work when i upgrade to 4.1 which i will be doing once the Carrier unlock is out and working.

Quote Originally Posted by demonknight9 View Post
    Nobody is pushing people to upgrade as that is down to the individual. Just stating facts. The 3G is old hardware and as such unless you upgrade it then you are not going to get the experience you want. If someone goes out and buy a 3G now they are insane as for a little more they can get a 3GS or a 4. It's just a waste of money if you ask me. These are the people complaining here. This is no ones fault but themselves as before buying they didn't do any research.

I totally agree !

I Agree With this statment!
    Last edited by notstrong; 10-15-2010 at 11:19 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Notstrong

+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123