+ Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Game Center Not Compatible With iPhone 3G

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by eclipticrider And this is why I freaking stopped using the iPhone... too many limitations... Honestly this is some ole' bs. You get me to pay $500 for
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by eclipticrider View Post
    And this is why I freaking stopped using the iPhone... too many limitations... Honestly this is some ole' bs. You get me to pay $500 for your product and ohh... all a sudden you don't support it anymore...??? Please buy our newer products......damn ya'll make a killing on the suckers (no offense to anyone here) that just have to have the new toy... your game got old apple and I am done with ya...

Sorry people, I just had to vent with this one... I hope ya understand.
    Hi, yeah I know its very sad about what you said, but hey technology world grows and upgrades every year! Can you try to play some modern video games on a 4-5 year old Pentium 4? Can you watch Blue Ray disks on a regular dvd player? Can you play PlayStation 3 games on a 2nd one? there's more and more.... Everything changes and you have a choice to stick to the old or new stuff - YOU CHOOSE!!!

Livin the iPhone Life JedixJarf's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm so sick of apple, I have an i4 but there is absolutely no reason why they can't put the game center on the 3G, there just forcing people to upgrade. I think I'm ready to turn in my i4 for an N1.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,138 Times in 888 Posts

Is gamecentre really a massive dealbreaker?

And someone probably work a way to port it down.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dustin942000 View Post
    this is so ***. i got my iphone 3g last christmas and dont have an upgrade til august. they lie about everything!! first the iphone 3g cant have multitasking (jb proves that wrong) and now we can't have this. apple sucks..

They don't lie about everything and august is done dude. Lol you better go get your upgrade

Green Apple
    Thanks

Meh, the speed improvements for 3g users get when they update to 4.1 is >>>>>> Gamecenter

My iPhone is a Part of Me tudtran's Avatar
    Thanks

People still have iPhone 3G? It's time to upgrade.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by eclipticrider View Post
    And this is why I freaking stopped using the iPhone... too many limitations... Honestly this is some ole' bs. You get me to pay $500 for your product and ohh... all a sudden you don't support it anymore...??? Please buy our newer products......damn ya'll make a killing on the suckers (no offense to anyone here) that just have to have the new toy... your game got old apple and I am done with ya...

Sorry people, I just had to vent with this one... I hope ya understand.
    Hey my iPhone has no limitations it's just old and soon will be unplugged from life support. An iPod touch 4g will replace my poor old iPhone 3G. So stop hurting peoples feelings!!!!!!

Oops done iPhone 3G his life support got unplugged and some how the battery wasn't there uuummmm I wonder.......... iPod!!!!!!!!

Thanks

I'm not a (Cr)Apple fan, but I am a fan of facts.
    Fact- the iPhone 3G is obsolete.
    It only has 128 megs of ram.
    Compare that to the I4 processor in iPhone 4, or the 500 megs of ram in 3Gs. That's why gamecenter won't run on it. And yeah, while you can JB to add multitasking, 4.0 effectively makes your 3G a drunk snail, and multitasking only makes it worse.

That's just life. Every tine a new technology gets released, it makes the old technology obsolete.

Hate apple? That's fine.
    I'm not a fan of corporations, to say
    The least.
    But don't get all sour just because
    You chose to buy a phone which
    Was released 3 years ago and is now obsolete after two later, better models have been released.

Had you been smart about it,
    You would have jailbroken and unlocked your phone and sold it, and used the money to upgrade.
    "And on and on I search to connect
    Bu I don't wear a mask, and I have no regrets".

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

All i am saying is I had Gamecenter running perfectly fine on my 3G back on the 4.0 GM release. Why are they taking it out now?

Livin the iPhone Life JedixJarf's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by corkey20000 View Post
    All i am saying is I had Gamecenter running perfectly fine on my 3G back on the 4.0 GM release. Why are they taking it out now?
    So you have to buy new hardware.

Thanks

This does not surprise me one bit. Technically the 3G should not even be capable of running iOS4 according to apple as the ipod touch first gen and the original iPhone as they have the sam ram and processor. I wouldn't complain if I was a 3G owner I'd be fuming if I owned a first gen iPhone luckily I own a 3GS.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I appreciate and understand most of the gripes here but, my old iphone 3g still works perfectly as a "" phone"".

13. The Following User Says Thank You to signaller For This Useful Post:

appsis (09-08-2010)

Thanks

I think it's good it doesn't have it, the 3G is unbearably slow with iOS4, hopefully the update will help 3G users out a little.

iPhone? More like MyPhone jabij1's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cokeman View Post
    Why would this be surprising? The 3G is two years old. They want you to upgrade to the latest. Anyone that has a 3G should be eligible for sure. Next year it will be the 3GS. Can't say I really blame Apple. Every time I have to do any thing to my daughter's 3G it drives me crazy, it's so slow.
    Mine too! Is your daughter's jailbroken? Because mine has been really slow lately but it was never this bad when I first got it. I'm thinking it may be because I'm on iOS 4.0 and jailbroken. That combination probably requires too much that the 3G can't handle. I need an iPhone 4..

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cer0 View Post
    Not arguing but just pointing out that many tech companies do this type of stuff.
    ALL companies uses this technique.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by signaller View Post
    I appreciate and understand most of the gripes here but, my old iphone 3g still works perfectly as a "" phone"".
    ok so use it just as a phone. End of story. You bought a phone 2 years ago and now it's not so good 2 years down the line? That's a shame, maybe you should sue apple for that? Come on, not so long ago you could not even update phones, what you got is what you would have until you upgraded. I had an iPhone 3G until ios4 came out and I realised how slow it is. I sold my 3G for 250 and put the rest on top and bought an iphone 4. My god the difference is amazing. The people here that complain about the speed must be running windows 7 on a pentium 2 with 128mb of ram. We are lucky to have an iPhone, which is a phone that doesn't devalue a lot. I remember buying an n95 for almost 500 and selling it the same year and I couldn't get 150 for it.
    Last edited by demonknight9; 09-08-2010 at 09:06 AM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Jackrainz - 3GS has 256mb of ram. Ip4 has 512.

Honestly, i upgraded from a 3G and I turned it on the other day to delete stuff since I sold it, and my GOD was it slow. I can't imagine running gamecenter on that thing. I'm sure it's capable but why would you want to? It will be laggy as hell. It's the same reason why apple decided to not include multitasking.. The phone will lag and run slow. Then everyone would ***** how slow it is and how apple screwed you over then.. Get over it. I don't agree 100% with them all the time but it's not rocket science to see their logic behind some of their actions.

Thanks

This is bullsh*t! I want my 3 year old phone to have everything the newest model does! I mean, I bought it, so I'm entitled to a new processor. For free. Anyone know when apple is going to give my 3G a front cam? Also, if Steve could hand deliver some cookies to my house, that'd be great.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

That's exactly what it sounds like init? I wanted to install a game on my Pc but did not have enough ram to run it and it was slow so I went out and bought more ram to play the game without lag. Next tine it will have to be different ram a new board and a new processor so I can be up to date. It's not a game, you want more performance you buy the latest hardware. If you don't do that then you can't complain.
    Quote Originally Posted by ShredNasty View Post
    This is bullsh*t! I want my 3 year old phone to have everything the newest model does! I mean, I bought it, so I'm entitled to a new processor. For free. Anyone know when apple is going to give my 3G a front cam? Also, if Steve could hand deliver some cookies to my house, that'd be great.
    Last edited by demonknight9; 09-10-2010 at 03:06 AM.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by corkey20000 View Post
    Because they can